Discovery Gaming Community
Sci-Data killing the economy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Sci-Data killing the economy (/showthread.php?tid=162289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Titan* - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 02:41 PM)Foxglove Wrote: If it were killing the economy, you would still need to in some way prove that prices for everything would be affected. Since the introduction of sci data, prices for ships and equipment made by pobs has remained steady. There is no inflation. Scidata is merely a costly commodity because, other than credits, it is only available in finite amounts.

In the end, this is another thread of people crying that they want to have the same shinies as someone who puts in hours to earn them while saying stuff like "I only play one hour a week because of work so I need to be favoured because I can't play as much as player X". Why this is an invalid argument doesn't need to be elaborated on lest I intend to insult your intelligence, Titan. In the end, you do not gain more than shinies from scidata.

Nothing to see in this thread. Moving on.

I didnt meant that btw, it has nothing to do with that. Sci-data made things easier for us, it is literally preventing most of people to log for Trade or Missions.

Why should i trade or do missions if i can get the money i need from single pve event and its also more fun than trading/mission

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Shiki - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 02:49 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: People still need to generate the money to buy said data.

I wonder how is this countering the fact that it's ruining economy? Yes they do spend days to buy something that other person earned for one hour.

(06-25-2018, 02:47 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: the problem is, one of those ships with armor upgrades used by me, and the other is by thunderer, and they are in opposing factions.

CR is opposing more than one faction, you, as CR leader should've known.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Thunderer - 06-25-2018

The sci data concept is getting a change. Not allowed to share any details.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Lucas - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 02:54 PM)Titan* Wrote: Why should i trade or do missions if i can get the money i need from single pve event and its also more fun than trading/mission

For example to buy the data.
I have spent almost 2 days in playtime this month to farm enough money to buy my Sci-Data. If you don't have goals then you don't need to make money, but that is how its always was.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Reddy - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 02:54 PM)Titan* Wrote: Why should i trade or do missions if i can get the money i need from single pve event and its also more fun than trading/mission

^
basically this, Scidata has become so expensive that even if you managed to get 100 or 150 in a single event you're set.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - TheShooter36 - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 02:54 PM)Sicicega Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 02:47 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: the problem is, one of those ships with armor upgrades used by me, and the other is by thunderer, and they are in opposing factions.

so is gallia. Are you proposing i dont use a CAUX ship just because i am CR?

(06-25-2018, 02:55 PM)Lucas Wrote: For example to buy the data.
Yeah but There is a lot of people that doesnt need Data or any shiny stuff from Sci-Data rewards.

(06-25-2018, 02:55 PM)Lucas Wrote: If you don't have goals then you don't need to make money, but that is how its always was.
Its not only affecting the Sci-data Rewards etc it also affects stuff you get from NPC markets or player markets i can wait for pve events and get enough money to buy ships and cau8 etc from markets that is pretty easy.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Shiki - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 02:55 PM)Lucas Wrote:

For example to buy the data.
I have spent almost 2 days in playtime this month to farm enough money to buy my Sci-Data. If you don't have goals then you don't need to make money, but that is how its always was.

Problem is that other person got all those money for an effort of pressing b for one hour. I don't mind sci-data as long as it sold on specific stations and have no balance affecting rewards. Special snowflakes can be special snowflakes, whatever.

(06-25-2018, 02:59 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 02:54 PM)Sicicega Wrote:

so is gallia. Are you proposing i dont use a CAUX ship just because i am CR?

Yes, now we also have GRN imbalanced towards LN or BAF when you are not around, that's a thing. It should not be a thing for any faction.

RE: Sci-Data killing the economy - Sombs - 06-25-2018

(06-25-2018, 03:01 PM)Titan* Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 02:55 PM)Lucas Wrote: For example to buy the data.
Yeah but There is a lot of people that doesnt need Data or any shiny stuff from Sci-Data rewards.

Then how is it ruining economy when you have only so many people who buy Sci-Data in first place?