Discovery Gaming Community
Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE (/showthread.php?tid=165002)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - hatayade - 10-05-2018

[Image: Tu70gcO.jpg]

AND Revert the changes to SNAC XD

#AntiMatterMatters

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Kalhmera - 10-05-2018

Mhmmmm, Just had my morning cup of coffee and look at this! Another thread about this OP weapon. Hopefully, a patch can come through and we can see a change.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Zeb - 10-05-2018

I agree that the range on the corona should be nerfed. If we take a GB for example, they can't fire any standard GB turrets longer than around 900m-1k range, give or take. It's even less with solaris turrets, around 600-700m range. It's possible for 1 bomber to continously harass a cap ship from safe distance without having to worry much about getting shot at. With a SNAC they at least have to get closer to 400-500m to hit for example a GB, but with the corona it leaves most caps defenseless without counterplay versus bombers. It's also 10x easier to aim- and hit targets with than compared to a SNAC, at least that's the situation for me as someone who is pretty awful at landing a SNAC. I respect other people's opinions, but felt like I had to share mine.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Ramke - 10-05-2018

I'm really not sure why this change was even necessary. I appreciate that getting hit in the hull with a SNAC is frustrating, but bombers can fire SNACs only once every 10-15(?) seconds, and must hit you when the shields are down, with a slow projectile. Unless you're completely letting your guard down and not having anyone suppress the bomber, the chance of being hit is miniscule.

I was nearly exclusively a SNAC bomber pilot because it was a jack of all trades - everyone can do your role better, but you had the potential to be a danger to anyone. Now you'll just lightly scratch capitals (once the Corona gets nerfed to SNAC levels) and be more or less pointless against fighters, considering choosing hullbusters over shieldbusters makes it just so much more difficult to deal hull damage to caps unless they're being bombarded by numerous players to take care of shields. Why pick that over an SHF now...

Oh well, I guess it's still good for dual nova suicides at least.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Val - 10-05-2018

A single bomber with Corona is not a major threat for caps. However when several bombers are in group with Coronas they can be a real danger for the capitals ships. In addition Corona needs time to make significant damage and the bomber must fly at a reduced speed. And as said Ramke bombers need few seconds to have a powercore with full energy, which is essential for this beam weapon. Bombers with Corona can be easily countered with a fighter squid.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Tenacity - 10-05-2018

TBH i'd just like to see the range on scorchers/neutralizers improved. They have a really slow travel time and a lot of projectile drift (they dont fire straight, they randomly angle off), so added range shouldnt be a problem. I'd give them at least 1k (they're currently 600), but 1500-2k sounds better.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Durandal - 10-05-2018

Jesus no. Have you checked the efficiency on them? Scorchers and Neutralizers shot for shot do the most damage over time of any bomber weapon in the game. They actually received a range reduction due to overperformance against battleships.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Val - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 04:37 PM)Durandal Wrote: Jesus no. Have you checked the efficiency on them? Scorchers and Neutralizers shot for shot do the most damage over time of any bomber weapon in the game. They actually received a range reduction due to overperformance against battleships.

Hm. We have a point here.

RE: Fix CORONA beam, Remove "Balance Magic" from SNAC. PLEASE - Antonio - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 04:16 PM)Blackwings Wrote: Bombers with Corona can be easily countered with a fighter squid.

That still doesn't solve the fundamental problem of the Corona. Are you really suggesting that when people see bombers they're pretty much forced to log off a cap and log a fighter? Not only is rock-paper-scissor balance bad, but an example as extreme as this one is just not healthy for the overall interaction between classes.

"X is overpowered against Y" isn't solved with "log Z to kill X". X is still overpowered against Y and any overpowered weapon/ship/mechanic needs a change, not just the Corona.

(10-05-2018, 04:55 PM)Antonio Wrote:
(10-05-2018, 04:16 PM)Blackwings Wrote: Bombers with Corona can be easily countered with a fighter squid.

That still doesn't solve the fundamental problem of the Corona. Are you really suggesting that when people see bombers they're pretty much forced to log off a cap and log a fighter? Not only is rock-paper-scissor balance bad, but an example as extreme as this one is just not healthy for the overall interaction between classes.

"X is overpowered against Y" isn't solved with "log Z to kill X". X is still overpowered against Y and any overpowered weapon/ship/mechanic needs a change, not just the Corona.

I agree Antonio. But of course you don't need to log off and take a fighter. That's not interesting. I guess my affirmation needs a detail. I meant during a battle with several ship types. If you have a bs fighting another caps with a fighter with you the efficacity of the energy bombers will decrease.