Discovery Gaming Community
This is normal !? Rheinland Cruiser "Donau" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Flood (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: This is normal !? Rheinland Cruiser "Donau" (/showthread.php?tid=171551)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: This is normal !? Rheinland Cruiser "Donau" - Chronicron - 06-23-2019

tl;dr use roll on caps

RE: This is normal !? Rheinland Cruiser "Donau" - Erik-Kieber - 06-23-2019

Simple really imo. Because the sairs lack infrastructure like lanes they have no bother into maintaining those thus the resources saved in that they can spend into their fleet resulting in stronger and better developed ships. Add to that the fact sairs and rheinland are direct enemys to each other and you see why the sairs have chosen to have better ships when compared to the rheinland fleet.

In all honesty, rheinland sair battles should reflect the fact that sairs have lesser assets to their disposal and rheinland much more. Basicly when you plan to fight as rheinlander vs sairs you better be sure rheinland overpowers in numbers not strength

RE: This is normal !? Rheinland Cruiser "Donau" - ART_GR - 06-23-2019

(06-23-2019, 12:27 AM)Backo Wrote: Corsair cruiser is bigger in size, hence why it has more armor and more speed to compensate.

For compensation? -> A ship has more armor - it should be more maneuverable. -> The ship has a large size - it should be more maneuverable. Is that logical? I think you need to add maneuverability to the bombers. Transport. Generally all the ships. The larger the ship, the more maneuverable. Don't you think this sounds weird?
Launch a new mem - # for compensation.
Good. Take this logic.
[Image: UjuHsEr.png]
12.38 - 10.31 = 2.07

Rheinland BS larger in size - low maneuverability.
Corsair BS - smaller in size - more maneuverability.
Where is your logic?
P.S. The ship is a huge whipping carcass. The tactics of the battle on it - to attack the forehead. But after all, we now have a telephone during invisibility. Funny, isn't it?
P.P.S. I have a Corsair BS. I know what I'm talking about. I also had a Corsair CR. until it was removed for inactivity. I also flew on Rheinland CR ship for several years.
Combo P.S. - Previously, the Rheinland CR was different. And I very much noticed it.

(06-23-2019, 12:36 AM)Lucas Wrote: In your opinion it is a mistake.

In other people's opinion Praefect sucks and Donau is way too good. It's a whole lot smaller than the other heavy Cruisers already, and benefits from everything that heavies get while having an incredible profile for kiting and chasing. You've shown too much side in the fight, while fighting a better pilot with guns meant to eat cruisers
It is a long time not so. He was castrated.
Is it smaller? He has a different profile, but I would not say that he is smaller. The bulk is in the center - where the sight is located.

(06-23-2019, 02:35 AM)Jayce Wrote: nice flood thread
learn how to fly the donau
Wink
Ridiculous. I flew on the Donau for many years. Maybe I have forgotten a little (skill), but I know what I'm talking about. He was castrated.

(06-23-2019, 03:41 AM)Jeuge Wrote: you say it's a small cruiser, I totally agree with you. But if he and small why he is not more agile than a corsair cruiser?
Because it is a new logic Discovery Freelancer. And yes. You must learn to fly.

RE: This is normal !? Rheinland Cruiser "Donau" - Kalhmera - 06-23-2019

(06-23-2019, 10:51 AM)ART_GR Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 02:35 AM)Jayce Wrote: nice flood thread
learn how to fly the donau
Wink
Ridiculous. I flew on the Donau for many years. Maybe I have forgotten a little (skill), but I know what I'm talking about.

No offence but you posted a video for all to see you fight, and you did not fly that ship properly and got blued for it. Learn from your mistakes, practice in conn and try again! Space is dangerous but you dont lose your equipment, just some pride. You got this! Get back out there Pilot!

RE: This is normal !? Rheinland Cruiser "Donau" - Lucas - 06-23-2019

It's getting clear that you in fact don't know what you are talking about, so putting this in flood was the right decision.

(06-23-2019, 05:00 AM)Reddy Wrote: i was the sair cruiser in the video. the guns i had were cruiser blasters (short range, highly efficient cruiser codes) which are meant to fight anything smaller than a battlecruiser. The Praefect is agile because its larger than any other cruiser apart from the nomad cruiser (vidar falls in the same category). Praefect is susceptible to BCs and BS a lot more than other cruisers because of its size and larger back portion which catches a lot of shots. Donau is flat vertically, you use its shape to dodge shots. its turn speed is lower because it has better shape, just like strota.
you weren't flying vertically for all the fight in the video, you turned around a lot and exposed your large side profile for easy hits

here is an example on how to fly donau and take full advantage of its superior shape

(06-23-2019, 10:40 AM)ART_GR Wrote: ......

P.P.S. I have a Corsair BS. I know what I'm talking about. I also had a Corsair CR. until it was removed for inactivity. I also flew on Rheinland CR ship for several years.
Combo P.S. - Previously, the Rheinland CR was different. And I very much noticed it.

Where is the example? I do not see anything special. He kills a noob's that doesn't even dodge. And do not really shoot.
Maybe next time you kill the NPС base and post it as an example.

RE: This is normal !? Rheinland Cruiser "Donau" - Groshyr - 06-23-2019

@Dark.Star, come here and teach him how to fly Donau