Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer: Aftermath - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freelancer: Aftermath (/showthread.php?tid=172704)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Laz - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 09:10 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: I dont like the idea of trying to split an already small community, and im sorry TLAGSNET on the main menu? how is this even remotely useful?
I take it you missed the part about being a proof of concept. It works in game just fine, and the prettifying will come later.

Regarding your comments about my personal endeavours, anyone who knows my history with disco dev team knows my reasoning for staying as far away as possible. Lastly, this is not my project or me running the show.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Wildkins - 08-13-2019

@Kalhmera We've already addressed the split-community issue. We want suggestions and feedback from people that have played a similar mod already, but we're not looking to just ape off Disco's playerbase. That'd kill us both.

Many of us working on this mod are either doing so because we have our own vision that isn't impeded by ten to fifteen years of legacy, nor the particular choices Discovery has made. About a good third to half of the dev team for Aftermath are current or former Discovery developers, admins, and game masters.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Kalhmera - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 09:19 AM)Laz Wrote: Regarding your comments about my personal endeavours, anyone who knows my history with disco dev team knows my reasoning for staying as far away as possible. Lastly, this is not my project or me running the show.

So your just here to poach people to joining your mod and weaning them off Discovery to play your game?
(08-13-2019, 09:21 AM)Wildkins Wrote: @Kalhmera We've already addressed the split-community issue. We want suggestions and feedback from people that have played a similar mod already, but we're not looking to just ape off Disco's playerbase. That'd kill us both.

Many of us working on this mod are either doing so because we have our own vision that isn't impeded by ten to fifteen years of legacy, nor the particular choices Discovery has made. About a good third to half of the dev team for Aftermath are current or former Discovery developers, admins, and game masters.

So a bunch of ex and current devs/admins are unsatisfied on how things are going here and they would rather make another mod great! Go advertise somewhere else then? If your goal isnt to poach members why does it feel like you are? Yes you state that your not but really cmon now there is no other reason to advertise here.

EDIT: If anything, this looks like a monstrous betrayal and you should be ashamed.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Chuba - 08-13-2019

this is very cool and good and i am excited to play

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - LaWey - 08-13-2019

Those who speak about comunnity split, you forget that there much of lurkers, who dont play disco already, dont play vanilla servers, but will play something around vanilla but with sweet cookies. Hard to call it split.

(08-13-2019, 09:38 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: So your just here to poach people to joining your mod and weaning them off Discovery to play your game?
I don't think you're reading our replies so I'm gonna stop responding to you.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Kalhmera - 08-13-2019

(08-13-2019, 09:57 AM)Laz Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 09:38 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: So your just here to poach people to joining your mod and weaning them off Discovery to play your game?
I don't think you're reading our replies so I'm gonna stop responding to you.

No no im reading them but I dont think your being truthful

Then you may believe that.

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Reddy - 08-13-2019

this looks interesting and promising, good work my dudes

RE: Freelancer: Aftermath - Misfit - 08-13-2019

I for one am very excited to see some fresh new ideas come to the Freelancer mod scene. I certainly hope to have my passion for this game revived rather than continually be disheartened and disappointed with all the drama and the repetitive, stale nature of the Discovery community and mod.