Discovery Gaming Community
Allow FL/Pirate Cruisers? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Allow FL/Pirate Cruisers? (/showthread.php?tid=175417)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Allow FL/Pirate Cruisers? - Saronsen - 12-12-2019

YAAAS TALARCA CRUISER QUEEN STEP ON ME

RE: Allow FL/Pirate Cruisers? - Typrop - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 07:47 PM)SnakThree Wrote: I am laughing at your arguments.

Hate to say it but he's got a point about activity. While I'm not horribly keen on giving capital access to people who frequently have trouble with basic English, things are unfortunately very small, playercount-wise. At least when there isn't an event.

Freelancers having access to cruisers would have the opposite effect on activity. Now you have shitlords who know foreign capitals are illegal in house space, and have 10% powercore on them anyway. If you want a freelancer cruiser, get a bustard.

(12-12-2019, 10:17 PM)Saronsen Wrote: Freelancers having access to cruisers would have the opposite effect on activity. Now you have shitlords who know foreign capitals are illegal in house space, and have 10% powercore on them anyway. If you want a freelancer cruiser, get a bustard.

I never said the solution was to give them caps, I conceded that he has a point in regards to playercount and activity. More likely there's a different problem that needs to be addressed.

Edit: To avoid risking double posting, I'll just note this here.

Personally, I think funposting accomplishes nothing within the realm of "reviving" the community, particularly with single-statement, insulting responses. While funny, they're kind of antithetical to what people are attempting to accomplish, however misguided their means may be. Do not fault this person for their optimism, just because their solution is faulty.

The numerous staff changes? The drama that follows? The glacier speed development? The dev railroading? The pvp elitists? The kusari clique? Scidata balance being a joke? Everyone looking for a reason to sanction someone? Factions being incapable of doing their primary functions since others will cry metagaming??

I can keep going

(12-12-2019, 10:28 PM)Saronsen Wrote: The numerous staff changes? The drama that follows? The glacier speed development? The dev railroading? The pvp elitists? The kusari clique? Scidata balance being a joke? Everyone looking for a reason to sanction someone? Factions being incapable of doing their primary functions since others will cry metagaming??

I can keep going

Yeah, those are all problems I've seen as well. Sure, there's a lot of frustration to be had toward these, but there's not a whole lot to be gained from being insulting to people proposing solutions, and demonstrating a want to help. Griping ultimately will get us nowhere here, more than reasonable discourse on how to actually deal with these problems going on, particularly when presented with a faulty solution.

RE: Allow FL/Pirate Cruisers? - Hemlocke - 12-12-2019

Good meme

RE: Allow FL/Pirate Cruisers? - Megaera - 12-13-2019

Well I saw a Gallic battleship with a freelancer ID pass through Kusari while heading to Liberty awhile back.

Almost none of the unlawfuls factions can use cruisers. Xenos don't even have a gunboat (they should have one in my opinion). And now you want to give random wandering pirates and freelancer access to cruiser that even organised unlawful factions with actual economies can't fly?

I don't think this is a good idea. Better focus on giving people reasons to join factions which have limited ZoI by giving those factions other perks (like cruiser), as pirate ID can operate anywhere. Also, pirating in a cruiser is kinda weak. This is also a thing with the Golden Chrysanthemums and Blood Dragons, They both have the same ZoI, but BD have alot more ships to choose from and a complete shipline. I am currently working on completing the GC shipline and we have an upcoming GC VHF which is nearing completion, just to make the GC faction more attractive to players.

There always needs to be a balance between factions among eachother,but enough difference to make them interesting. Pirate is interesting because they have unlimited ZoI. This means they trade in other things to compensate.

RE: Allow FL/Pirate Cruisers? - Reddy - 12-13-2019

(12-12-2019, 09:52 PM)Thunderer Wrote: I want...

I want...

I want a civilian battleship to fall on top of me...

wouldn't you rather want a mep manta to fall on top of you?

RE: Allow FL/Pirate Cruisers? - Typrop - 12-13-2019

(12-13-2019, 05:25 AM)Megaera Wrote: Well I saw a Gallic battleship with a freelancer ID pass through Kusari while heading to Liberty awhile back.

Almost none of the unlawfuls factions can use cruisers. Xenos don't even have a gunboat (they should have one in my opinion). And now you want to give random wandering pirates and freelancer access to cruiser that even organised unlawful factions with actual economies can't fly?

I don't think this is a good idea. Better focus on giving people reasons to join factions which have limited ZoI by giving those factions other perks (like cruiser), as pirate ID can operate anywhere. Also, pirating in a cruiser is kinda weak. This is also a thing with the Golden Chrysanthemums and Blood Dragons, They both have the same ZoI, but BD have alot more ships to choose from and a complete shipline. I am currently working on completing the GC shipline and we have an upcoming GC VHF which is nearing completion, just to make the GC faction more attractive to players.

There always needs to be a balance between faction among eachother,but enough difference to make them interesting. Pirate is interesting because the they unlimited ZoI. This means they trade in other things to compensate.

There's always going to be a valid reason to not join GC.

It's called cooties.