Discovery Gaming Community
Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=181961)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - Kusari Office of Intelligence - 07-19-2020

(07-19-2020, 09:07 AM)Galaxian Wrote: The info page reads like a rushed draft of something written by a drunk person, honestly.
Half of the time I couldn't make sense of it, and the other half,
I didn't want to read the endless wall of text with no breaks until the other sections, and no defined paragraphs.

You mention some factions more than once in the diplomacy section.
And, seriously, "Kyaputen"? The most romaji way of saying it? Not "Kanchou" or something else?

Well, I wanted to like it. But I just can't. Not until it is refined, and not rushed-out-the-door.

Kyaputen is rank in RL Kenpeitai faction so why not using it here?

RE: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - SquigglyKey - 07-19-2020

I feel like you should proof-read your infopage, its riddled with errors.

Also, why are you at war with Gallic Corporations? Kusari aren't targetting civillians.

RE: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - Kusari Office of Intelligence - 07-19-2020

(07-19-2020, 12:32 PM)SquigglyKey Wrote: I feel like you should proof-read your infopage, its riddled with errors.

Also, why are you at war with Gallic Corporations? Kusari aren't targetting civillians.

Curent situation with Gallia and we had some bad encounter with some of the Gallia Corporations that is why we put at war no reason provocation from they side

RE: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - Shiki - 07-19-2020

Faction meets the quality of the story development of the last few years so you are good to go.

Good luck and have fun.

RE: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - Emperor Tekagi - 07-19-2020

(07-19-2020, 12:35 PM)Kusari Office of Intelligence Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 12:32 PM)SquigglyKey Wrote: I feel like you should proof-read your infopage, its riddled with errors.

Curent situation with Gallia and we had some bad encounter with some of the Gallia Corporations that is why we put at war no reason provocation from they side

This is stupid. The overall doctrine is to avoid targeting civilians as far as possible, the fact in early stage we had a few Corp ships help Confeds doesn't change a thing. You didn't even exist as faction there to observe it anyways.
I would advise you to introduce an "Unfriendly" section or "Treated with caution" and put the following factions under it:

Federalists
Gallic Corps
Gallic unlawfuls
Gallic Royal Enclave
Liberty Security Force
Bretonia Intelligence Service
Marinenachrichtendienst

Additionally, Crayter Republic, Outcasts, Office of Confederal Intelligence and Confederal Defense Forces should be added to hostile. - Hellfire Legion to be renamed to Liberty Insurgency.

Zoners being friendly appears somewhat random too.

Additionally, go ahead and add Bretonian and Liberty Corps as neutral or not, I guess.

You make far too clear how flawed and incomplete this whole setup is so far, Hawkee. At least perform better ingame pls

RE: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - Apollon - 07-19-2020

My guess is that they just C/P'd the |K| faction diplomacy without changing a thing.

(07-19-2020, 01:17 PM)NieRdackel Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 12:35 PM)Kusari Office of Intelligence Wrote:

This is stupid. The overall doctrine is to avoid targeting civilians as far as possible, the fact in early stage we had a few Corp ships help Confeds doesn't change a thing. You didn't even exist as faction there to observe it anyways.
I would advise you to introduce an "Unfriendly" section or "Treated with caution" and put the following factions under it:

Federalists
Gallic Corps
Gallic unlawfuls
Gallic Royal Enclave
Liberty Security Force
Bretonia Intelligence Service
Marinenachrichtendienst

Additionally, Crayter Republic, Outcasts, Office of Confederal Intelligence and Confederal Defense Forces should be added to hostile. - Hellfire Legion to be renamed to Liberty Insurgency.

Zoners being friendly appears somewhat random too.

Additionally, go ahead and add Bretonian and Liberty Corps as neutral or not, I guess.

You make far too clear how flawed and incomplete this whole setup is so far, Hawkee. At least perform better ingame pls

Yea thanks in advance for your feedback, will change it, and again this is not Hawkee, he is the member only thank you

(07-19-2020, 01:18 PM)Ghostazarashi Wrote: My guess is that they just C/P'd the |K| faction diplomacy without changing a thing.

Well it is not C/P we see from more ex Kempeitai factions diplomacy and combine

RE: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - Shimamori - 09-10-2020

Just looked at your recent post and noticed a thing about your logo. While stylistics is nice and neat, it is written in simplified Chinese, not in Japanese. Firstly, because "intelligence office" in Japanese would be 情報機関 or 情報庁 depending on the connotation (+ some other options); secondly, because the first and the third hieroglyph are not present in Japanese.

You must have taken the art from here, which is Chinese per se. It does not matter very much, but I would kindly call upon be more attentive to cultural specifics when doing homework regarding the faction. Japanese and Chinese are completely different languages, and people.

RE: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - Jayenbee - 09-10-2020

(09-10-2020, 03:06 PM)Shimamori Wrote: Just looked at your recent post and noticed a thing about your logo. While stylistics is nice and neat, it is written in simplified Chinese, not in Japanese. Firstly, because "intelligence office" in Japanese would be 情報機関 or 情報庁 depending on the connotation (+ some other options); secondly, because the first and the third hieroglyph are not present in Japanese.

You must have taken the art from here, which is Chinese per se. It does not matter very much, but I would kindly call upon be more attentive to cultural specifics when doing homework regarding the faction. Japanese and Chinese are completely different languages, and people.

Hm, yes. And we all must speak French when playing Gallia and German when playing Rheinland. - Why don't you just offer your help instead of being overly critical and almost insulting at their attempt? They've at least tried. There are likely numerous mistakes in the Blood Dragons faction I'm a part of too.

If people had to get stuff right 100% of the time, no one would play these areas at all. You cannot expect someone to master a language, especially the Japanese language may I add, just to play a Kusari faction. It's incredibly hard and while I like to pride myself on doing my research, I'm bound to make mistakes too. Anyone is.

RE: Kusari Office of Intelligence - Feedback - Shimamori - 09-10-2020

(09-10-2020, 04:57 PM)Jayenbee Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 03:06 PM)Shimamori Wrote: Just looked at your recent post and noticed a thing about your logo. While stylistics is nice and neat, it is written in simplified Chinese, not in Japanese. Firstly, because "intelligence office" in Japanese would be 情報機関 or 情報庁 depending on the connotation (+ some other options); secondly, because the first and the third hieroglyph are not present in Japanese.

Hm, yes. And we all must speak French when playing Gallia and German when playing Rheinland. - Why don't you just offer your help instead of being overly critical and almost insulting at their attempt? They've at least tried. There are likely numerous mistakes in the Blood Dragons faction I'm a part of too.

If people had to get stuff right 100% of the time, no one would play these areas at all. You cannot expect someone to master a language, especially the Japanese language may I add, just to play a Kusari faction. It's incredibly hard and while I like to pride myself on doing my research, I'm bound to make mistakes too. Anyone is.

I am not commenting merely to bash on this faction, I am commenting on the depth thereof. Go to, say, this page and take from there, or google some other intelligence agency and change its Wikipedia page to Japanese to take a name. It is not rocket science to do it.

Many people in the comments above already pointed out that the faction was rushed, either to take the name of the corresponding NPC faction or for other reason. This is corroborated by mistakes in diplomacy that people showed, roma-ji transliteration ranks like "kyaputen", etc. So I suppose, I just added to that.

Lack of depth is not bad. Yet still it ruins the RP immersion. I suppose, one of the reason why Kusari is semi-dead house is the lack of depth in many its aspects, some of which are directly derived from anime that is in most cases hyperbolized. Still, many aspects are well-knit and commendable.

P.S. I did play in Gallia and I looked up quite a lot of information on French history and culture before setting my Gallic character, as well as learning a few useful phrases from the native speakers and making a "phrase dictionary" always ready to assist me in RP encounters. It is not that difficult after all. Perhaps, the depth is just a desirable faction trait not to everyone.