Discovery Gaming Community
ok this fight in T-23 right now - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: ok this fight in T-23 right now (/showthread.php?tid=19021)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

ok this fight in T-23 right now - Dieter Schprokets - 04-09-2009

And me at work like a sucker..

ok this fight in T-23 right now - Boss - 04-09-2009

And me taking a hiatus...stupid me >.>

Ah, well. Someone better have been Frapsing.

ok this fight in T-23 right now - guitarguy - 04-09-2009

Epic but short cruiser battle between me and the OC dessie, I've never seen so many red contacts on my screen. :P

ok this fight in T-23 right now - MarvinCZ - 04-09-2009

I wasn't there, but I don't feel like a sucker, I had a wonderful date:)

I'm glad you folks had a good time as well.

ok this fight in T-23 right now - Kuraine - 04-09-2009

Quote:But I have to agree with the OP. the Council ship was far outside of his ZoI and engaged in a conflict he shouldn't of been involved in. Council have their fight with the Gallia Royalists, and shouldn't meddle in the Tau-wars.

Anyway's good fighting all around.

I'm sorry, but the Council pilot was perfectly legitimately within his reasonable ZoI. Certainly far better than the damn Corsairs were. The Council have an actual Council base in the adjacent system of Orkney. Remind me where the closest Corsair base is, again? (allied bases do not count in this, before some snarky little idiot points it out).

ok this fight in T-23 right now - Derkylos - 04-09-2009

' Wrote:Also IMG is neutral to Outcasts? That's certainly something new.

IMG (corporation) are not gonna attack Outcasts (major pirate group, nearly a house) "'Coz they are there". If they pose a threat to IMG assets, they will be warned off, but there is no reason to engage in wasteful and potentially suicidal attacks against a superior enemy...especially when (according to what I can gather (mouse broken-can't play =/)) they are fighting in the vicinity of a business rival's base...never know what stray shots may do, eh?:P

ok this fight in T-23 right now - mjolnir - 04-09-2009

I'm talking about OC dreads above Java here...

ok this fight in T-23 right now - Death.RunningVerminator - 04-09-2009

' Wrote:I've never seen so many red contacts on my screen
I saw about 8 red keepers and like 15other reds, that was alot. I sided with the keeps though :yahoo: (because i'm an outcast i can) Eventually we won with...i think....me and 5 keeps.... i htink thats about right...

ok this fight in T-23 right now - Dab - 04-09-2009

' Wrote:I hate this kind of battles... completly boring, pointless, OORP, unfair, laging and time eating.

luckily I wasnt there or better said I was able to control bloodthirsty beast within me and not join it with my KNF.
Perhaps its a good idea not to criticize a battle you didn't participate in? Some people like long battles, I'm one of them. And many people find them to be anything but boring.

' Wrote:There was another Chimaera, the Gibralter was sent in ( A repair ship... heh), the Iron Duke, The Skull & Bones, the Iron Maiden, I think there was another Hogosha aswell but I'm not sure.
The Skull came, blew up the Council Cruiser, then sat and protected the Gibraltar and T-31 gate while it watched all the little fighters wheel around. Maiden just covered the Tau-37 hole so no CR could escape there, and so OC had a safe and clear route back to Malta. With the exception of the Council cruiser, I don't think we ever actually got into combat..

' Wrote:... a KNF dessie, which destroyed the Kiretsu dessie before being killed itself ...
Do you mean a Kiretsu Gunboat or a \CS\ Destroyer? Kiretsu doesn't have a destroyer of its own. ID restricts it for one, and I vowed never to have a Kiretsu Dessie when I first started the faction. The biggest ships we have is a single OC GB and a BW Transport. Everything else is fighters and bombers. So either you saw the Megami (GB) or the Hoshinokatana (CS' destroyer). I don't think any of the two others with access to the GB were on, so I think you meant the Hosh.

' Wrote:I'm sorry, but the Council pilot was perfectly legitimately within his reasonable ZoI. Certainly far better than the damn Corsairs were. The Council have an actual Council base in the adjacent system of Orkney. Remind me where the closest Corsair base is, again? (allied bases do not count in this, before some snarky little idiot points it out).
Council cruiser bot feeding 'sairs and CR against BAF and OC? I don't find that perfectly legitimate.. By all rights they should avoid that fight, for the Council has the GRN to deal with.. They can't afford to risk one of their cruisers.. He was also DOCKED on Java..

' Wrote:I'm talking about OC dreads above Java here...

The only OC Dread that got near Java was the Skull which passed it at around 8k when heading to get the Council Cruiser. On the return it never got closer than 10k. And on top of that, never fired at Java, people near Java, or anyone in the system but a Council Cruiser. No hyperbole please..

And for the record to all; The reason I brought in a Dread was because my main laptop's harddrive died and this one gets an FPS of 10-15 when in-game, making a fighter useless. So I just sat off at the edge of the fight as support. (Don't think I'd be able to hit the fighters anyway with my FPS.. -.-)

Oh, and can we not get the OPG swarms coming to Tau-23? They shouldn't be there just as no OC should be in the Omegas, even if Hessians are getting mauled by Corsairs.. ZoIs should be followed..

EDIT: Death, I think you've got the wrong battle here.. There were no Keepers in this fight.

ok this fight in T-23 right now - AdamantineFist - 04-09-2009

Dangit, I wish I could've been there. Sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime fight.