Discovery Gaming Community
Faction Ship Lines - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Faction Ship Lines (/showthread.php?tid=19245)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Faction Ship Lines - hack - 04-14-2009

' Wrote:Not every single faction. The LPI, LSF and LN don't all need their own ship line.

The LPI doesn't. We use the same LF fighters and Bombers as the Navy. We also use the civilian Eagle and ROC.

I think the 4 major houses, the Corsairs, and the Outcasts are going to have their own designs which will make them unique. The SCRA has their own shipyard and are turning out their own ship designs....

So, to sum up, yes, some are going to have unique ship lines. The smaller factions probably wont due to the limited funding/time/supplies/shipyard facilities that they have.

Faction Ship Lines - Hawkwings - 04-15-2009

My view is that the major houses and huge organizations should have full shiplines, and small factions should have partial shiplines. Organizations smaller than full houses would not have the time, resources, nor inclination to design, prototype, test, and eventually mass-produce a full line of ships. Maybe one or two, yes, three for the most well-funded, but that would be just about it.

The notable factions to talk about are the Zoners and the Bounty Hunters. Both aren't "governments" but they have operations throughout most of Sirius, and tons of members. These factions can, and probably should have full or almost full shiplines.

As for smaller factions, their ship designs would revolve around their own specific needs. They would design ships that fit these needs as closely as possible, so they're specialized for that one faction's purposes.

Faction Ship Lines - Xing - 04-15-2009

Yes, because the mod is unfortunately headed that way, and it's too late to stop it.
I do not approve, but people will eventually whine so much every faction will have their own battleships.

Faction Ship Lines - kingvaillant - 04-15-2009

I'm for most factions getting their own SHIP lines, but not their own CAPITALSHIP lines.

I love diversity, but giving all factions caps is simply giving an excuse to some players to fly caps for certain factions that shouldn't have them in the first place by common logic. (xenos, unioners, etc for instance)

Faction Ship Lines - Thexare - 04-15-2009

I thought I already responded to this.

Anyway.

I think each faction should have at least one ship. Not a capital, we really don't need more of those floating around, but freighters, transports, fighters? Sure.

Not so much for RP reasons, and some of them would probably be little more than modified civilian ships, but to get more people interested in the smaller factions. I know, it's probably not the best reason, but the fighters are what brought me to the Outcasts and Lane Hackers, and they're two of my favorite factions now.

Faction Ship Lines - Hawkwings - 04-15-2009

I'd go so far to say that every faction should have its own fighter and its own freighter. Mostly because we need more awesome freighters in the game, plus every faction in-RP needs freighters.

Faction Ship Lines - Elsdragon - 04-15-2009

the AFA uses Griifins,Black dragons,Eagles,The mamoru(Bomber),and gaian GB.we dont NEED more stuff

Faction Ship Lines - Eternal - 04-15-2009

Yes , I believe that each factions must have something to call it's own. It doesn't have to be a complete ship line , most factions will be very pleased to get even a LF and HF/VHF of their own. Because like it or not , originality draws attention and attention draws people.

Personally , I was VERY disappointed when the Bundschuh did not receive the ship which Xing made.

Faction Ship Lines - Rudo - 04-15-2009

Personally, I think there should be less 'faction' ships and more vague 'pirate' or 'civilian' or 'tinkerer' type ships. If a faction produces a single fighter-class ship to supplement a backbone of pirate/civilian vessels and act as a standard-bearer, fine.

I personally would be happier with ships that are not faction-tagged, but 'produced' by a faction and distributed to allies. This is what happens anyway, and there's less headache.

Plus, I want more ships with Marauder/Crow type descriptions. I love the idea of homebrew fighter ships.

Faction Ship Lines - Thexare - 04-15-2009

' Wrote:Personally, I think there should be less 'faction' ships and more vague 'pirate' or 'civilian' or 'tinkerer' type ships. If a faction produces a single fighter-class ship to supplement a backbone of pirate/civilian vessels and act as a standard-bearer, fine.

I personally would be happier with ships that are not faction-tagged, but 'produced' by a faction and distributed to allies. This is what happens anyway, and there's less headache.

Plus, I want more ships with Marauder/Crow type descriptions. I love the idea of homebrew fighter ships.
Oh, I agree with you here. But, while Rogues and Hackers could use the Falcata, they prefer their own ships. Bundschuh could use the Odin, but most Odins are Hessian.

And yeah, I want more Marauder and Crow-type ships, and more generic ships in general, but I think that giving each faction at least one unique ship first would be more beneficial.