Discovery Gaming Community
[Trade Event]Overstock Sale - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+----- Forum: Event Archive (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=274)
+----- Thread: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale (/showthread.php?tid=194225)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - St.Denis - 08-16-2022

The 10 credit bonus was something I added whilst fixing the Event.

You might find that this figure will increase later in the Event.

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - All Worlds - 08-16-2022

We appreciate the work going into bringing back events! Looking forward to participating in different roles!
Thanks SlappyTheRoach and all involved!

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - mavking - 08-16-2022

I've tried it in a Corvo and a Titanic. The return rate is not that profitable. The 100 to 1 cargo ratio kills it. There is also ample opportunity to be pirated. I like the idea though of a trade event, I think it needs to be distinctive and attractive to all parties.

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - ronillon - 08-16-2022

(08-16-2022, 01:24 PM)mavking Wrote: I've tried it in a Corvo and a Titanic. The return rate is not that profitable. The 100 to 1 cargo ratio kills it. There is also ample opportunity to be pirated. I like the idea though of a trade event, I think it needs to be distinctive and attractive to all parties.

It is true, that 5894 Cr/CargoUnit (going from OP numbers, have not actually tried it yet) is kinda meh, but the event is supposed to last till weekend, so I guess the price is lower until the event is ironed out. And also what Denis has said:

(08-16-2022, 12:47 PM)St.Denis Wrote: The 10 credit bonus was something I added whilst fixing the Event.

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - Zentor - 08-16-2022

(08-16-2022, 01:33 PM)ronillon Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 01:24 PM)mavking Wrote: I've tried it in a Corvo and a Titanic. The return rate is not that profitable. The 100 to 1 cargo ratio kills it. There is also ample opportunity to be pirated. I like the idea though of a trade event, I think it needs to be distinctive and attractive to all parties.

It is true, that 5894 Cr/CargoUnit (going from OP numbers, have not actually tried it yet) is kinda meh, but the event is supposed to last till weekend, so I guess the price is lower until the event is ironed out. And also what Denis has said:

(08-16-2022, 12:47 PM)St.Denis Wrote: The 10 credit bonus was something I added whilst fixing the Event.

The math seems legit, 30 mill profit for a 5ker going one way, and if you hop down and bring back Beryllium thats like 30-35 mill depending on where u buy it

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - TonyB - 08-16-2022

(08-16-2022, 04:51 PM)Zentor Wrote:

The math seems legit, 30 mill profit for a 5ker going one way, and if you hop down and bring back Beryllium thats like 30-35 mill depending on where u buy it

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - TonyB - 08-16-2022

(08-16-2022, 06:07 PM)TonyB Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 04:51 PM)Zentor Wrote:

A bit low for these times in the game, make it 50 up and down. Otherwise, it's not worth the risks...

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - Banned player t202085 - 08-16-2022

Really good idea, i like that it incorporates an ore route on the way back to drive additional activity but with the route being so predictable I'm not sure the profit adds up to the risk, may as well just trade normal ores

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - SlappyTheRoach - 08-16-2022

Thanks for the feedback, it is noted and will work on it for the next one.
Yes the credits bonus was added to help fix the event.

It is a sort distance so the credits per hour will be more than you think, plus bringing the ore back should boost you up even more.

RE: [Trade Event]Overstock Sale - Banned player t202085 - 08-16-2022

The bonus is an extra 500 credits