Discovery Gaming Community
[Poll] Bring back the swear filter - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter (/showthread.php?tid=204069)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - Kauket - 07-19-2024

(07-19-2024, 09:34 AM)iiLeRoss Wrote: Given a recent on-stream incident, I believe it would probably be a good idea to filter certain words (use your imagination). But I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who cares if someone starts swearing in a moderate manner.

Thing is, they're already on the swearlist.

You can't say them in local but you can say them in group chat.

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - Major. - 07-19-2024

(07-19-2024, 02:33 PM)Kauket Wrote:
(07-19-2024, 09:34 AM)iiLeRoss Wrote: Given a recent on-stream incident, I believe it would probably be a good idea to filter certain words (use your imagination). But I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who cares if someone starts swearing in a moderate manner.

Thing is, they're already on the swearlist.

You can't say them in local but you can say them in group chat.

Probably something that can be fixed? Overall, we have a perfect FlHook Dev in this community.

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - Traxit - 07-19-2024

(07-19-2024, 12:35 PM)Antonio Wrote: Good compromise. Filter out the worst of the worst (racial slurs, xenophobic slurs, etc.), and one token word nobody uses inrp (for example Hasteric) that we can use for quick F1 kicks in space.

+1

just not gaijin.

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - Chronicron - 07-19-2024

I would throw a comment at the OP but that would anger the mods

short answer - piss off with your hypocrisy

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - Jayce - 07-19-2024

Garbage.

Ban players, not words.

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - sindroms - 07-19-2024

I have heard the ''the game has drugs and slavery in it, why not swearing?''
Well, it simply has to do with tone. I am not a prude, but RP sounds better when it is not done in an xbox live voice chat.
My two cents.

Then again, nothing stops me from not swearing and applying a mental filter to ignore swearing done by other writers, so - shrug. There is no real horse here to bet on.

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - Haste - 07-20-2024

The only advantage to having the swear filter back would be that it'd force people to be just a little bit more creative. It's cool and honestly liberating to be able to say "fuck" every once in a while, but I do find it a bit depressing when a character's entire identity, seemingly, is "this person swears a LOT and will say REALLY inappropriate things ALL THE TIME!"

Please don't do that.

I think what's far more frustrating is, let's call it "pop culture politics", making it into the game. I really don't want to log in to be met with Liblawfuls calling the other side "Snowflake", "Radical Leftists" or other often-repeated lingo that got popular in the past couple years, only for the other side to then hurl "Fascists!" back. I get it, the Freelancer setting is quite political, but that doesn't mean that I want to be met with contemporary US politics every time I play Disco.

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - Levenna - 07-20-2024

(07-19-2024, 03:01 PM)Traxit Wrote: just not gaijin.

you can buy a premium tier 8 swear word for just $75

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - TonyB - 07-20-2024

The rules are good as they are, this is not Disney Channel.

RE: [Poll] Bring back the swear filter - monmarfori - 07-20-2024

The rules did state that mild swearing in an RP context was permissible, but excessive swearing isn't something players would enjoy, RP or not.