Discovery Gaming Community
Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? (/showthread.php?tid=21777)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - SimonBlack - 06-14-2009

Edison Trent can roundkick a nomad out of space.

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - jammi - 06-14-2009

' Wrote:Regardless of the fact that Starlancer happened over 800 years before Freelancer?
I think he's referencing to the fact that throughout the Starlancer campaign, you're more-or-less responsible for single handed wiping out the Coalition forward fleet and bloodying the reserve fleet. You also take out numerous bases, capital ships and the Coalitions new super flag/doom ship.

You also end up with kills ranging between 370-450 if you play it normally.

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - farmerman - 06-14-2009

With all the various characters that got added as npcs, why not Trent?

I could see Juni joining the Dragons after everything happened.

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - Agmen of Eladesor - 06-14-2009

Ah, youth... If you're 30 - 35 when something happens, why, then just a few years later, you must obviously be dead...

Seriously, though - unless something absolutely terrible happened, there'd be no reason why anyone that was alive at the end of the SP campaign shouldn't (or conceivably couldn't) still be alive now. In a low gravity environment, the stress on the human body is considerably lessened. And other than accidents or combat, it's pretty obvious that there have been some medical advances that should help improve human lifespan.

Now, whether those SHOULD have happned is another point of discussion, but still...

I see no reason why the average lifespan shouldn't be - excluding all NON-violent causes - around 120 or so. Of course, it does seem that many people in Sirius tend to meet violent deaths - or at least that sub-section of the population that goes into space does.

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - Turkish - 06-14-2009

' Wrote:Ah, youth... If you're 30 - 35 when something happens, why, then just a few years later, you must obviously be dead...

Seriously, though - unless something absolutely terrible happened, there'd be no reason why anyone that was alive at the end of the SP campaign shouldn't (or conceivably couldn't) still be alive now. In a low gravity environment, the stress on the human body is considerably lessened. And other than accidents or combat, it's pretty obvious that there have been some medical advances that should help improve human lifespan.

Now, whether those SHOULD have happned is another point of discussion, but still...

I see no reason why the average lifespan shouldn't be - excluding all NON-violent causes - around 120 or so. Of course, it does seem that many people in Sirius tend to meet violent deaths - or at least that sub-section of the population that goes into space does.

It would be much higher than that, as it stands the expected lifespan of my generation is already spanning into the 100+ range.

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - Linkus - 06-14-2009

Whilst the expected lifetime may increase, the use of your body may not increase too.
Aka, you may end up 120 but you will still have the body of a 120 year old.

So maybe no flying for the 120 year olds.

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - Derkylos - 06-14-2009

' Wrote:Actually I am sure there is an 'offical' thread somewhere stating what became of the Vanilla characters.

Ahh here it is!

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=551833

That should cover it...

I assume you refer to Kuriane's post, which contains several glaring inconsistencies (Tobias was dared by Trent to fly to Toledo (a planet neither have heard of) before the SP campaign? Orillion is still alive, despite the Osiris wreck in 100 and the fact that Trent was informed of his death?)...still not a superlative set of answers...

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - Faxxon - 06-14-2009

He probably earned his one million credits back and bought his ORE ship back that he lost with freeport 7.

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - johnpeter - 06-14-2009

Donut guy, if you try to screw up Trent, I will personally make your life miserable...

Could Edison Trent still be alive in 817 AS? - Fletcher - 06-15-2009

I'd like to think I do a decent job at roleplaying Trent, sure its a dodgy process in keeping people happy and RP. Sadly, my PvP skills are mediocre at best.

Getting chased by everyone and 'OMG its Trent!' civilians...

In my view, Trent would keep doing work for the Order since the Nomad revelations, his selfish views of monetary gains would be seconded to humanity's survival. He's not a hammer of justice, or a man of evil. He is the that man who fills in the grey middle slot, the neutral sad act if you will.

I try to portray him in a dark tone, he's willing to kill to get the job done, but only if its absolutely necessary, otherwise, he avoids combat, and contact.

I play him as a reconnaisance pilot in The Order, no longer a bomber.

EDIT: Any pointers or feedback on how I RP Trent is always appreciated.