Discovery Gaming Community
The way you are - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The way you are (/showthread.php?tid=22639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

The way you are - Exile - 07-01-2009

Start with yourself and others around you. Itt'l eventualy rub off on others if done well.

(Harder than it looks, though)

The way you are - Cosmos - 07-01-2009

I think about this every day joe,

and its mainly about People on the forums and not the lulwuts in game.

( Also talking about Ganking.. Well i love the fact a BH Fleet turned up too Eta and 3 Dreadnaughts and 1 battleship followed by two cruisers and about 10 fighters/bombers came too kill 1 BH BS which retreated, 1 BC, 1 GS and 2 bombers and 2 fighters. oh the irony.
Oh and the 5 cruisers that came too kill 4 IMG in 37, dont you just love the Outcasts?)

The way you are - Jihadjoe - 07-01-2009

' Wrote:How do we change people though if they dont talk to us or they simply refuse to change?

(2,000th post)

Congrats on the 2k Taz.

The issue I'm talking about here, is people we know, who are in our factions, who are on the forum. The vast majority of people who play the game are on these forums and read them.

Change has to start with you anyway. People may not listen, but that means you have to make a point of doing the right thing... Just casualy wandering off without saying anything really isn't enough. It's a start, but it's not enough.

Say you're leaving... Say why you'e leaving. Tell the people who are still ganking folks that they should probably even the fight out.

Then you're doing enough.

The way you are - Exile - 07-01-2009

Most of the ingame 'lolwuts' are actualy decent people. It's, like Cosmos said, mainly folks on the forum thinking they can do whatever the hell they want just because they are on said forums or feel that they are somehow 'enligthened'.

The way you are - Tic - 07-01-2009

Well, for first, to add some corrections to your post...

There was no gunboat, only a couple of fighters, transport or two and one miner, and not very good ones, or even well equiped ones. There was only 1 Liberty BC. The three Xenos you mentioned, whiped out more the half a dozen ships in less then five minutes(or the time it takes for a person to fly from Texas JG to Fort Bush via trade lanes).

I was this single BC, that came out of trade lane 10k from Fort Bush, to see the Xenos raping the foces there. From 10k i stated an obvious intention to attack, and then on regular engines with a speed of 90 i went thru those 10k, giving them more then enought time to decide weather to run or not. Once there, i shot two Xenos down in 2 or 3 minutes, and the third one escaped.

Now, if Ench is gonna cry and leave the LN because of that, i can honestly say that i couldn't care less, since in my last two encounters with her she had no problem ganking my lone bomber in 8 on 1 and 3 on 1, so excuse me if i fail to feel guilty for giving her a piece of her own medicine.

I do however feel a bit guilty for taking out the other Xeno, and ruining the fun for the third, since i had no encounters with them in which i was ganked.

And to be perfectly honest, i find it a bit pathetic of you to go yell at the pilot of the other BC, since by the time he got there, after carring 825 Slaves we've saved in about an hour and a half of the best RP i ever got from a Liberty Navy player, [LN] or indie, before this incident, everything was over.

The way you are - swift - 07-01-2009

' Wrote:How do we change people though if they dont talk to us or they simply refuse to change?

(2,000th post)

We at least try to lead by example, adamantly. And there'll always be some who will listen.
If you change 2 people, then you've already made up for everything you got.

Kudos on the 2000th post, better make a creative user title, Dan.

The way you are - chovynz - 07-01-2009

I'll approach this from another angle.

I find being overwhelmed / ganked / fighting an unfair fight and surviving or even coming out on top, quite fun. THAT gives you quite a huge sense of achievement when it's actually done.

(Then you get jumped on the way back to your base and die because you have no more bots/bats.:D)

Sometimes there is a place for getting ganked.
Edit:
Sometimes pirates need to use that gang-up tactic. It's called boxing the victim in. Working in groups, etc.
Sometimes traders could do better by "ganking" - or flying in large groups.

Too many people try to do things by themselves. I feel.

Edit 2: While I do understand your reasoning (and compassion) Joe, I don't think it's a one size fits all scenario. There is a time and place for everything. There is a time for mercy, there is a time for harshness. There is a time for joking, and for seriousness. There is a time for solo and for ganking. It's all part of the game.
A measure of Ones maturity is knowing when to apply each part.

The way you are - Weedalot - 07-01-2009

Well. i must say LOL, and ask for this thread to be locked for its hypocritical nature.

The way you are - Saronsen - 07-01-2009

I have two incidents for you, happening yesterday and today

Yesterday, I in my Roc and a gunboat came to help a single LPI libby fighting a bomber and an OC Gunship. We took down the Gunship, and switched to the Bomber. I stepped out of the fight as the Gunboat and Libby went after him. Moments later, in rolls two more gunships, and a sabre. Both Gunships and the Bomber go after the LN Gunboat, blowing it up. That's fine and dandy. Soon after, I end up being targeted by all four, since the Libby was easily ignorable.

2 Missile spamming OC Gunships, 1 Missile spamming Sabre, and 1 Bomber vs Saronsen in a Roc with no disruptor launcher. The fight moved almost right next to Manhattan, and it ended up with Kuraine? more or less telling the Outcasts to move along. The Outcasts had stopped engaging me when we came in range of Manhattan, but one gunboat still persisted.|||

Today, whilst flying my LH in a Light Fighter, with Universal 1, a Mercenary in an Orca starts shooting at me because I shot his lane. No prior warning, just start shooting. Soon after, a BW transport comes in and starts shooting without warning. And then after that, a Bottlenose comes in, and I'm uncertain if it started shooting. I spent 20 minute dodging all three ships in my Light Fighter with roughly 7000 hull, and 5300 shielding. Two Class 8 Guns, two class 9, a mine, a CM, and a TCD. Can I win? No.

There has been too much of this ganking, and it needs to stop. It's everywhere these days, there is no sense of fair play.

The way you are - aznremix416 - 07-01-2009

Ganking as not fun at all, but if you actually look into it? What can you do about it? There will always be those people who think its fun shooting up a fighter in a fleet of caps, we can only just try to make people refrain from doing it, but no guarentees