Discovery Gaming Community
Final version of new rules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Final version of new rules (/showthread.php?tid=2335)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Final version of new rules - Wobbly - 02-05-2007

How do these rules work to stop the so called pvp whoring? If a pvp whore can't have a freelancer id, he can still set up multiple id's on multiple ships to legally attack whoever he wants, right? 30 minutes with a train will just about pay for anything short of a dreadnaught, since there are no ship/faction restriction the pvp whore can have his favorite setup with two or three different ID's and still have a rp excuse to attack who he wants when he wants, or am I missing something?

Final version of new rules - Virus - 02-05-2007

' Wrote:How do these rules work to stop the so called pvp whoring? If a pvp whore can't have a freelancer id, he can still set up multiple id's on multiple ships to legally attack whoever he wants, right? 30 minutes with a train will just about pay for anything short of a dreadnaught, since there are no ship/faction restriction the pvp whore can have his favorite setup with two or three different ID's and still have a rp excuse to attack who he wants when he wants, or am I missing something?

30 minutes in a train gets you one fighter, maybe.

Besides that, if the player uses the right ship/tag/ID to attack people, there's nothing wrong with that. No insulting. No OoC crap that usually happens.

Final version of new rules - Qunitinius~Verginix - 02-05-2007

Its really only PvP Whoring when they ask for 100mil and say, "Dont bother, I just wanna shoot you" or when they take a Outcast ID, get a Corsair Fighter, have a Police Tag, and say lol and shoot you when you try and RP. That is PvP whoring. If they fly around with the right ID and Tag's and ships, then I think its allright.

Verginix Out

' Wrote:or when they take a Outcast ID, get a Corsair Fighter, have a Police Tag, and say lol and shoot you when you try and RP.

Well that isn't illegal under the new rules, is it? As long as the corsair the above example doesn't attack another corsair.

Or am I reading it wrong?

Final version of new rules - Qunitinius~Verginix - 02-05-2007

Yea, It would be Illegal because that guy isn't a corsair, he has an Outcast tag and is in general not obey the laws of the server. How would an outcast get a Corsair ship....

Verginix Out

Final version of new rules - TankTarget - 02-05-2007

Well Verg, you asked how an outcast could get a Corsair ship there are a number of ways...but the point here is they shouldn't have one...If you were a freelancer or a Merc it is perfectly sane to have a Titan with 2 Vengence, 3 Hornvipers, 1 Fury... but yes that sort of thing should be avoided...

Final version of new rules - Virus - 02-05-2007

Outcasts can build their own ships. They wouldn't allow the use of the "pathetic ships of the Corsairs."

There are no ship restrictions in the rules that I can see, and anyone can say they stole, bribed or captured it in rp. I see all sorts of factions in IMG and rhiendland ships anyway that have no real business in them, other than it's the ship they feel is the most uber.

Final version of new rules - OrrinDymas - 02-05-2007

I hate to turn this conversation away from the ship/equip/ID/base issue, but I have a suggestion.

One thing =BSG= has had a lot of fun with on the short time we have been scouting BK is their use of Nomad-tagged players.

This has been discussed before but I bring it up because I feel it is an element missing from disco and only partially fulfilled by the phantoms.

People will resist allowing nomad tags because they will attract the types of people we have come to berate with the "pvp whore" monicker. However I believe it would be possible to have a tasteful and dynamic system of nomad players if the admins would put forth a little initiative and hand select people to be nomads. Look for people that always place RP before anything else, but also have a flair for piloting and give them the ID. Edit these players reps so that they are red with every faction in the mod except zoners (to give them a place to dock,) and let them loose on the helpless sirian population. Require that Nomad players fly only nomad ships and use nomad weapons-this will impart balance to the engagements. Require a Nomad player not attack the same player more than once in a 7 day time frame. Ideally the nomads would create a better sense of fear on the server without overwhelming everyone.

Nomads would also give the house militaries and police a more consistent enemy with which to spar on a regular basis. As it is, people have to work very hard to come up with ways to incorporate good RP into their play action but the nomads could create insta-RP gaming wherever they go....wars would be put on hold to eradicate the threat....bounty hunters would have something to do....the possibilities are endless.

Everywhere I have seen that Nomad thing done (and it has been done on most servers at one time or another), it ends up not adding a lot to the server. It is simply pvp for the sake of pvp, usually between the admins and their close buddies since they are the ones playing nomads.