Discovery Gaming Community
Outcast Gunship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Outcast Gunship (/showthread.php?tid=23628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Outcast Gunship - Wuselkobold - 07-21-2009

' Wrote:with proper RP and by following rule guidelines you can use a faction GB on your merc/freelancer.

That was a mistake i made in my second week here: I did read the tech chart, but hadn't time yet to read the faction status board. I saw that all BH tech was green for mercs, so, after hours of repping, i headed into Omega 56 and bought my BG GS with my merc, only to get yelled at, a merc has no business in the BH Guard system and that i basically stole the ship.
The factions do regulate the use of their ships, regardless of the tech chart. Many GBs are sold in Guard Systems (The IMG one for example) and you will get some serious troubles with the factions if you don't ask them. If you ask them however, you usually have to allign yourself with them in some way for using their equipment.
Not to mention the loss of personal freedom followed by the use of a House GB. Ever travelled through Kusari with an Freelancer in a Bretonia GB?

Regarding the Zoner GB: I am using one, and it is simply to weak. It has less firepower than most of the big transports and is so big that even a blind man can hit it. It doesn't work for trading either, since the hold is ridiculously small for the fact it is labeled a trade ship in the infocard.

Outcast Gunship - MB52 - 07-21-2009

I wonder how much of a freakout an Outcast gunship in LPI control would cause =p

Outcast Gunship - Elsdragon - 07-21-2009

About as much as if Vincent price took away all the donuts........

Outcast Gunship - Eppy - 07-21-2009

' Wrote:I wonder how much of a freakout an Outcast gunship in LPI control would cause =p

I will kill this baby seal.

Outcast Gunship - Elsdragon - 07-21-2009

Quote:I will kill this baby seal.

yummy,seal veal

Outcast Gunship - Canadianguy - 07-21-2009

Yes a Merc/Freelancer can RP pretty much any faction GB correctly. The thing is, like many said, that it always limit you in what you can do. GBs being counted as capships, their factions do not want anyone to come and buy one to do any kind of stuff. You need to get enligned a bit to get one.

Outcast Gunship - MB52 - 07-21-2009

' Wrote:I will kill this baby seal.

Haha.. whoops. :$

Outcast Gunship - farmerman - 07-22-2009

Kusari Explorer seems pretty open to the non-Bretonian market. Its description says it's valued by Freelancers even.

Outcast Gunship - Shikyo - 07-22-2009

Disclaimer, this is only my opinion. It does not reflect the opinion of my Faction or that of other players.

The issue here is a Gunboat strong enough to hold its own, yet would be simple or of a tech level that standing Military units would not see as a true threat to their capability.

The Zoner ship sounds like it would fit this requirement easily, though as you say, it does not seem to be able to meet its own Info Card data in aspects like cargo carrying ability.

A "civilian" gun boat honestly would raise the eyebrow of nearly every Law Enforcing type out there as that starts to approach the level of Military ability which the civilians should never have.

Now, what I would think is if a Private Military Company were to be able to produce some ships, offer them as compitition to the current market, that would be more in keeping with economics and bring an element to the game that has been lacking in my opinion.

A slight change of subject, the fact that it seems many people are grabbing the hot new toy, Eppy's Outcast Gunboat, is not lost on me. I've seen it in the hands of quiet a number of folks, even ones who I think should not have one, but do only because their Faction is an ally of the outcast.

Maybe it should be redone on the tech chart to restrict the ship to a Special RP status for anyone who is not Outcast IFF/ID, does that sound like a good idea to you Eppy? That of course could be applied to any ship of Sub-Cap size or larger. It would make folks truely have to look at why they need one, and to take the time to create the reason why they would have a ship that is not directly belonging to their faction.

I have a couple of designs on paper for some ships, trouble is I am horrible at making them in any other format. I've even suggested a few fighters once to try and compliment the Civilian markets because I really think that the market is too limited.

Well, enough of that for now, I've taken up enough of your time for now. If any ones interested in talking to me about tech designs and helping me turn a few ideas I have into models for Freelancer, please feel free to contact me.

Outcast Gunship - El Nino - 07-22-2009

I rather Agree, with TAii Shikyo, civillian GB would raise many eyebrows...

It's like buying a tank and taking it through town... if anything they'd be limited to borderworlds... and there probably you can use BHG gunboat/gunship as a freelancer/merc, or one of the pirate ones if you are an unlawful merc... You have to make a choice of your "lawful or unlawful side" if you want to have a gunboat...