Discovery Gaming Community
Bomb/suicide ship class - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bomb/suicide ship class (/showthread.php?tid=23828)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bomb/suicide ship class - Linkero - 07-25-2009

*sighs* I hate when my two sense wants to talk.

First, WHO CARES if it will offend anyone. I find plenty of things in the game(vanilla and disco) offending, but I don't complain. Wanna know why? IT'S A GAME

Personal friends of mine have died due to roadside bombs, stabbing, gunfire, and...some other things that are more odd then the next. Guess what? I still play games like Call of duty and other things where i can easily get stabbed or shot, and vice-versa. I also still play GTA:SA. My favorite hobby? Walk up to a car, plant a c4, run and blow it up when other cars are driving by.

Yea, I think "Hey. That car could of had my friend in it and i just blew up a bomb and made the car roll over into the river."

Yes, offensive thought there, but I DON'T CARE. It's a game, simple as that. Many people have brought it up and such. Just remember, FL/DISCO is not the same as real life, so don't act like it.

On Topic(a bit more): I am against this idea. I wouldn't really see the use in it. In a previous example, WWII was pointed out. Very effective technique, but there is a flaw to it. The planes were quick, the boats were stationary. By the time the people on the ground realized what was going on, planes had already kamikaze. In FL, and when in battle, or at least expecting it, there's no such thing as a stationary target, usually. Also, if say.....a starflea was about to bomb a liberty cruiser, The person in the cruiser would most likely be aware that the starflea was going to attack(As per server rules) Thus, the technique would fail. It relies on surprise. The only thing worth kamakazing in game is stations, planets, an other stationary things. And theres the shield factor that was mentioned above.

ok other points to situate quick.

First: the 4 hour rule. I saw it mentioned in this topic. Again, I must say "its a game". A person can easily RP that they ejected and is floating in their escape pod, just like the usual RP at the end of battles. Sorta screws that over:( note: another reason i don't support the idea.

Second: Yes, the ship would need to be EXTREMELY fragile. But, in a "more realistic" point of view that someone mentioned(the realism factor at least), FL ships are built tough. REALLY TOUGH. Ever fly through a asteroid field? How bout a belt outside a planet? With a regular FL ship, rock of that size wont do anything, but with a "fragile suicide bomber" the ship would be in a million pieces by the time it got out the other end.

Third: Still going on realism here. Security. Yes you heard. A suicide bomber(or at least myself) would remove everything from thier ship that is not needed, and try to secure the bomb very very tightly to prevent it from moving and rocking. If it were to move or rock......BOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!

Four: Coding......I am sure Matt can do it. But the time, and the new commodities that could possibly be needed, and the extensive testing and debugging....If this were approved, don't expect to see it for a while.

So much more that I could say on this topic, but I need to go break a dollar for more sense.

PS: wasn't this topic brought up before.....?

/endtwosense

Bomb/suicide ship class - Leo - 07-25-2009

Linkero, if you'd actually seen the stuff happen, E.G. people in RL blowing up and blood going everywhere, you would be offended. Try not to be so careless of other people's feelings. I was in a bloody humvee a year ago when I got hit by a roadside bomb. Killed my best friend and damn near killed me.

And no, I don't play Call of Duty, I don't play GTA, or any of those games since I've returned from the desert, nor will I ever again probably.

Before you post, think about it, eh?

On Topic: The idea holds merit, I'll admit. But I don't think a lot of people would like it too much. Too much coding, and too much against the four hour rule. You could come back every four hours and blow people up. Not very practical.

~Leo

Bomb/suicide ship class - Marcus Lindberg - 07-25-2009

Personally, I thought the RP thing really would've worked on this. And besides, its not like someone could just chreate new chars, get a roc, and have those blown up right?

But on a more serious note, I do think after a lot of comments I've seen here, it would be wise to stick away from this idea, especially with all the war vets around n all.

Bomb/suicide ship class - Hundra - 07-25-2009

Good gosh, the whole "offense" idea is completely irrelevant, there's a whole bunch of stuff in this game people might find offending. "omg pirates, mah ancestors were probably robbed and killed by them, lets remove them from the game, i find it offending" "omg torpedoes, my uncle's submarine was bombed by one, lets remove that too". It's irrelevant in any way. Not a way to put down a good idea.

Anyways, I completely support this idea, make it have 2-3 equippable guns to take down shields.

Bomb/suicide ship class - Marcus Lindberg - 07-25-2009

thats coz suicide bombers are more common nowadays and have affected the lives of people who play discovery. We don't want them to leave.

Bomb/suicide ship class - Hundra - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:thats coz suicide bombers are more common nowadays and have affected the lives of people who play discovery. We don't want them to leave.
I am quite sure pirates were common back then, and torpedoes are nowadays.

Bomb/suicide ship class - worldstrider - 07-25-2009

The Wild ID says they will go mad and crash themelves into enemy ships if losing. Having their ships explode for damage makes a lot of sense--otherwise that's simply a stupid tactic. I don't see why a ship couldn't be made with the same effect intentionally provided. I had even suggested it before for Xenos and Gaians.

Bomb/suicide ship class - 570580ss - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:*sighs* I hate when my two sense wants to talk.

First, WHO CARES if it will offend anyone. I find plenty of things in the game(vanilla and disco) offending, but I don't complain. Wanna know why? IT'S A GAME

Personal friends of mine have died due to roadside bombs, stabbing, gunfire, and...some other things that are more odd then the next. Guess what? I still play games like Call of duty and other things where i can easily get stabbed or shot, and vice-versa. I also still play GTA:SA. My favorite hobby? Walk up to a car, plant a c4, run and blow it up when other cars are driving by.

Yea, I think "Hey. That car could of had my friend in it and i just blew up a bomb and made the car roll over into the river."

Yes, offensive thought there, but I DON'T CARE. It's a game, simple as that. Many people have brought it up and such. Just remember, FL/DISCO is not the same as real life, so don't act like it.
On Topic(a bit more): I am against this idea. I wouldn't really see the use in it. In a previous example, WWII was pointed out. Very effective technique, but there is a flaw to it. The planes were quick, the boats were stationary. By the time the people on the ground realized what was going on, planes had already kamikaze. In FL, and when in battle, or at least expecting it, there's no such thing as a stationary target, usually. Also, if say.....a starflea was about to bomb a liberty cruiser, The person in the cruiser would most likely be aware that the starflea was going to attack(As per server rules) Thus, the technique would fail. It relies on surprise. The only thing worth kamakazing in game is stations, planets, an other stationary things. And theres the shield factor that was mentioned above.

ok other points to situate quick.

First: the 4 hour rule. I saw it mentioned in this topic. Again, I must say "its a game". A person can easily RP that they ejected and is floating in their escape pod, just like the usual RP at the end of battles. Sorta screws that over:( note: another reason i don't support the idea.

Second: Yes, the ship would need to be EXTREMELY fragile. But, in a "more realistic" point of view that someone mentioned(the realism factor at least), FL ships are built tough. REALLY TOUGH. Ever fly through a asteroid field? How bout a belt outside a planet? With a regular FL ship, rock of that size wont do anything, but with a "fragile suicide bomber" the ship would be in a million pieces by the time it got out the other end.

Third: Still going on realism here. Security. Yes you heard. A suicide bomber(or at least myself) would remove everything from thier ship that is not needed, and try to secure the bomb very very tightly to prevent it from moving and rocking. If it were to move or rock......BOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!

Four: Coding......I am sure Matt can do it. But the time, and the new commodities that could possibly be needed, and the extensive testing and debugging....If this were approved, don't expect to see it for a while.
So much more that I could say on this topic, but I need to go break a dollar for more sense.
PS: wasn't this topic brought up before.....?
/endtwosense
/megasigned

Bomb/suicide ship class - Asymptotic - 07-25-2009

My ancestors were bound as slaves and brought to foreign lands. I don't think slave liners should be added to the game, nor a slave commodity, even if it's tastefully done. It's against my principles and I will never play a slaving game again as long as I live.

Bomb/suicide ship class - Leo - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:Good gosh, the whole "offense" idea is completely irrelevant, there's a whole bunch of stuff in this game people might find offending. "omg pirates, mah ancestors were probably robbed and killed by them, lets remove them from the game, i find it offending" "omg torpedoes, my uncle's submarine was bombed by one, lets remove that too". It's irrelevant in any way. Not a way to put down a good idea.
Anyways, I completely support this idea, make it have 2-3 equippable guns to take down shields.

You guys are bordering on the lines of my tollerance. I suggest you stop. I've experenced these things. Anything that's happened in the past to my ancestors is something else completely. Experencing them and having them happen to past relatives are two different things.

All you are pretty much to me now, is a bunch of immature children who can't imagine the things I've seen defending your freedom.

Bah, screw it, I'm done. Lock this post before I wind up going neuclear.

~Leo