Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes (/showthread.php?tid=23848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - SuperBeast - 07-25-2009

I am with zeltak on this one, I lag out in most battles so i dont like the sound of this and I hope that this trial do not last very long either.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Fletcher - 07-25-2009

While I like to see steps taken to the fairer gameplay, this may affect me, or players in a similar stance to me.

I will always try to log out while in a base, or station, but sometimes, RL and/or the family will not give me the chance. E.g. we got to leave now, get off the computer, I want to check Facebook!

I live with a family, mother with eBay, and sister for Facebook. Since I'm the youngest here, I do not get a choice in the matter.

I've been lucky so far, I F1 out in the middle of nowhere.

This is going to hurt people in a similar position to me, I don't always have control of this computer, and I'll bet my cup of tea, I'm not the only one.

I don't want to get punished even more thanks to my bloody female family :(

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Dab - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:I hope it don't make drop b/b and ammoes or it would be a bit abused for fighter crafts.
I have to echo this.. Can we make it so that bots/batts aren't dropped? That way if someone gets disconnected during a fight, they don't drop all their bots for anyone to grab.. That can be disastrous in some fights. Just commodity cargo please?

But as Tree brought up, perhaps we should have it so that it only comes into effect if there is a player in range at the time of the F1, not if there is one at the end of the F1 countdown.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Lucas_Fernandez - 07-25-2009

Everyone disconnects atleast once each day cos of lag, in my opinion the idea is too radical. It would be better if an f1 in space would cost 5mills. I mean if a trader leaves the server would bill him 5milss. Anyway if someone leaves in a battle it counts as losing. You're the ones who say this is not a pvp server.:PConsider them cloacked. :crazy:

:$ But what i said is also a bad idea. heh, I think you are willing to and able to report them, but it happens only a few times a week. And you could just ignore that :)

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - kingvaillant - 07-25-2009

Like Turkish, Zeltak and friends. For me, this is a very detrimental move. FL game mechanics don't match with such plug-in. And this ends up punishing a majority (innocents players) for the actions of a minority (Rule breakers).

Also, internet connections are not known to be reliable in some areas of the world. Some providers suck, depending on the region you live. And your ping can cause timeout.

Making the plug-in make decisions on something unstable (an internet connection) ends up causing more harm than anything else IMO.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - bluntpencil2001 - 07-25-2009

Hmm, a good idea, but Turkish brings up good points. Perhaps creating an exception for players that are grouped with you if they're within 10k?

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - chovynz - 07-25-2009

Unfortunately, I think you guys underestimate how many rule breakers and avoiders are out there.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - worldstrider - 07-25-2009

Great post--went up right after I had to log the barge out getting stuck in a docking sequence in PR. Almost entire hull destroyed--all cargo dropped. I was fortunate there was another player near.

Guess that also explains the disappearance of six codes and a load of weps being carried to another player off my bomber after lagging out unexpectedly.

Not to be intentionally rude--but one minute of hanging in space is enough to restrict this already.

This is a case of a very small minority of vocal players "demanding" they get what bugs them personally fixed.

There are so many downsides to this I am at a loss to even begin to see the trade off in benefits. I guess it makes some people "feel better" that the bad players get "insta-punished" now--too bad for the rest of us caught in the crossfire.

This is not a real benefit to players. Please clarify--does the 5k distance "kick in" if a player passes by while you are in space after you log out? Do you still remain in space? Please be very specific as I almost lost 30million in cargo and lost that much in code sales and equioment already.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - Zeltak - 07-25-2009

' Wrote:Unfortunately, I think you guys underestimate how many rule breakers and avoiders are out there.

I don't care if 90% of the community were rule-breaking F1'ers.

Why should I be innocently punished because those people decide to break a rule?

The system has worked as it has been up to this point. I don't understand why such a radical change is needed, is there an F1 epidemic or what?

Too many scenarios where innocent people can be punished harshly. That is why I disagree with this.

Admin Notice: Anti-F1 changes - casero - 07-25-2009

I was talking about this with kord, and I gave him a suggestion that I don't know if he passed it to you Cannon.

Could it be possible that when someone use F1 or Alt + F4, the consola send and message warning the people close to him. That could give you some time to A) Blow him off, B) Take screen shots, C) Don't get pissed before he disappears.

I've seen in other servers that they were using a similar system. When you F1'd near to someone, it blow you off.
Now, that could be harsh to some people, as they have expressed here.

But, how if you make it to lose just the cargo when you are close someone. In that case, traders who get DC'd won't lose their cargo (if they are not close to another player), and people in battles won't get hurt neither.