Discovery Gaming Community
Proposed new forum structure - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Proposed new forum structure (/showthread.php?tid=26293)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Proposed new forum structure - Cyberanson - 09-10-2009

I found another weak point in my eyes: where is the development section, to talk about varions things? Shall we use the FL Modding section instead?

Proposed new forum structure - teschy - 09-10-2009

By all means, go for it.

Proposed new forum structure - reavengitair - 09-10-2009

Mwerte: You are my hero.

For starters: Anyone notice how many damn subforums are in Discovery Roleplay Hub? Needs to be sorted.

Anyway - *votes on poll*

Proposed new forum structure - Jamez - 09-10-2009

' Wrote:Fine, I'm placing the poll on the portal's home page.

The new structure proposal generally looks OK, but there are some aspects of it that seem doubtful to myself (and not only to myself), so we are looking forward for some of your feedback before we implement any changes. In the end, it's possibly the most significant forum structure revamp in Discovery GC's history, and getting community opinions certainly won't hurt.

Haven't seen a post from you in a while, I hope you are staying sane, heh. If some of the stuff seems doubtful to you, then tell your minions to fix it!:PYou are the Igiss, after all.

I voted yes for this idea, as overall it has a good logical order.

One more thing, could we have a shoutbox on the homepage? I'd like something a bit more 'live' on the forums.

Proposed new forum structure - mwerte - 09-10-2009

Shoutbox....*shrugs* Last time I saw one of those on the forums it was abused to no end.

Yes, all modding related stuff (mod development, help with modding, ect) will go into the "Discovery Freelancer Mod" section.

Proposed new forum structure - Calego - 09-10-2009

Quote:Comment now or forever hold your peace.

Oh well may as well... I like the new forum layout but I suggest adding a subforum or two to the Media Center, One for Signature/Graphic Requests, one for Videos, maybe one for tutorials (I would contribute at least one but only if they stay there, as it is an inactive tutorial thread will just get shoved aside) and maybe one for showing off your image galleries (sure the great big long thread is good but not if you want to show your stuff to the general public, that is like the flood of the media center currently).

Just a suggestion from a Graphic artist... Other than that I support.

Proposed new forum structure - Ash - 09-10-2009

It's a change from what i know well and good. But meh, i'l get used to it. It's not that much of a change anyway.

Proposed new forum structure - johnpeter - 09-10-2009

' Wrote:Oh well may as well... I like the new forum layout but I suggest adding a subforum or two to the Media Center, One for Signature/Graphic Requests, one for Videos, maybe one for tutorials (I would contribute at least one but only if they stay there, as it is an inactive tutorial thread will just get shoved aside) and maybe one for showing off your image galleries (sure the great big long thread is good but not if you want to show your stuff to the general public, that is like the flood of the media center currently).

Just a suggestion from a Graphic artist... Other than that I support.

As a fellow (A bit noobish) graphics artist I think this is definitely a good idea. I was planning on making a signiture tutorial, but I don't want it to get buried under all those other signiture requests. Also, it would organize it better.

Proposed new forum structure - mwerte - 09-10-2009

I wouldn't mind creating a pinned list of tutorials for the media center (you'd have to PM em to me because I don't visit that section that often) but creating a whole section for tutorials or galleries is a bit outside the remit of this website (or so I feel).

Proposed new forum structure - Calego - 09-10-2009

' Wrote:I wouldn't mind creating a pinned list of tutorials for the media center (you'd have to PM em to me because I don't visit that section that often) but creating a whole section for tutorials or galleries is a bit outside the remit of this website (or so I feel).

Well if not different ones for each then at least one for Requests, then other stuff would stay put if they were put right inside Media Center. There aren't many Videos done so that's no problem. Help requests are rare as well. But the most common thing is Requests, so how about one subforum for sig/graphic requests?