Discovery Gaming Community
keeper engagement notices - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: keeper engagement notices (/showthread.php?tid=27545)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

keeper engagement notices - Guest - 10-04-2009

' Wrote:As far as I know Keepers only attack you if you are:

- a threat to them
<strike>- a threat to Outcasts
- a threat to Arthur Dgahr</strike>
- in their systems

If you are engaged, then it is your fault.

- You are showing disrespect
- You are a thrat to Wilde

keeper engagement notices - Treewyrm - 10-04-2009

George Carlin mode on.

Now on other subject that's been an exaggerated deal all around, people yapping about it like it's the most important thing in the world and in this game. But you know what? I wonder why all those people don't post stuff like in their message dumps:

"We ganked them real good!"

Or...

"Outnumbering ten to one and with our capital ship support versus their four fighters we won the day. Saving the humanity, ganking one nomad at a time."

Well that be realistic, you know. Some grain of truth. But it doesn't go around like that...

Why? Cause you're the ones doing it yourselves! Want me to drag the a whole damn DVD of ganking gallery? I got that one actually. But see, I don't complain much about it. I don't make a parade out of standing against impossible odds and actually winning the fight. I've been ganked for so long in those two years I don't make a big deal out of PvP whatsoever, I just go "oh well, till next time" and mind my own ****ing business, go back to story writing, programming, playing other games, chatting with people and having a good time in general. So mind yours and get over that.

When we get ganked I constantly hear folks telling us something along the lines of "well, you're evil aliens! we're defending humanity!". Right. So how playing an alien now justifies that, huh? You're just throwing pretentious bull**** again. Two flimsy fighters and you're already screaming for capital ship support like it's doomsday. And when you get two or three on one you go complete nuts about that complaining on the boards every god damn time, well then by your own logic what kind of heroes you are? And god forbid those aliens actually having a decent teamplay, know what to do and how to fight things, cause their wits is all they really have against your endless supply of capital ships. But shouldn't you, all those pompous self-righteous heroics, be facing impossible odds, greater challenges, eh? The romantic feeling of facing dire threats, serving a higher goal? Since when all those self-proclaimed heroes became sissies? Ain't heroic to me at all! Sounds more like whiny kids to me got pissed off cause they got lost this time. You win, you loose, what's the ****ing deal about that?

Cause I gotta tell you folks, I gotta tell you honestly. I don't get this crap, I don't get this big deal about killing stuff and dying in combat in a virtual game that's old as my grandma's laptop. We're not playing some stupid crap multi-player competitive game where your imaginary dick grows proportionally to your kill score. I don't give a damn about how many times I die in there, I don't make a ****ing role-play parade out of that crap like some people do in their message dumps twisting the facts and outright lying. Do I make a fuss of that? Not a single time. Not a ****ing single time. I die a lot, I'm a mediocre pilot and that fits me well, and I don't expect favours because of that... Just may be at Fridays, around seven to nine o'clock. The rest? I'm a realist, you can go batshi.. about all that stuff, but hey, HEY, hey there, LISTEN - think that's gonna change a damn thing around? Really? Don't be a naive fool, get down from your individual idealistic perfectionist imaginary world, get down here to earth, to common ground. To mud and all that dirt that we're all here made of, cause that's the best we've got and that's the best you can do. Be real, for Christ's sake. How about you actually DO something than yapping here about all that.

[Image: george_carlin_get_real.jpg]

George Carlin mode off.

keeper engagement notices - swift - 10-04-2009

We never roleplay on our Keepers. Why would we?

keeper engagement notices - darthbeck - 10-04-2009

i am not complaining about the minor overkill. i am complaining about how i got one line of text, which consisted of two words, from someone who i was hoping to have a chance to speak with, or at least, scream like a sissy and try and run, which i dident have time to do.

' Wrote:i am not complaining about the minor overkill. i am complaining about how i got one line of text, which consisted of two words, from someone who i was hoping to have a chance to speak with, or at least, scream like a sissy and try and run, which i dident have time to do.
I'm sure had you approached that smart way you'd having everything you have expect to. But hey, we might be playing telepathic aliens, but we're not telepathic ourselves, we have no damn clue what you're up unless you somehow hint at that. How about that, eh? Wave a hand, make a signal before getting into firing range. A human ship getting rapidly close to them... I'd think they'd freak out quite so. They're damn aliens, you know, which are not quite friendly to humanity in general, what do you expect them to do? Wait till you do your part? And what if you're there just waiting for big gun support to come? They're suspicious little freaks after all.

keeper engagement notices - mnbnbf - 10-04-2009

Maybe... and I'm going to be murdered for this idea... only Order should be able to attack Nomads/Wild?

' Wrote:Maybe... and I'm going to be murdered for this idea... only Order should be able to attack Nomads/Wild?
That's plain crazy. Nah.

To everyone else: just be realistic, you know. Get real. You don't deal with aliens the same way you do with human beings. What might be harmless to another human might provoke hostility from them and vice versa - they might don't give a damn about something that is seemingly important to you. That's what makes them what they are, having an entirely different set of terms they operate with, different view onto world, humanity and so forth. To many humans they'd be seem unpredictable, but that's cause patterns they follow aren't obvious. People smart who figured them out made a great progress, and in fact were able to even make... *gasp* friend with them. I bet that surprises the hell out of you, but that's true.

keeper engagement notices - komet - 10-04-2009

Just some things from the faction posts:

Quote:Player Versus Player

In this faction PvP is dictated by roleplay, not the other way around. We don't PvP just for the sake of PvP. However what we all must understand is that PvP remains largest factor of fun in the game, and it is the essential part.

Keepers are allowed to attack on sight any target other than Nomads (not even NPCs) and Infected factions. Keepers will vigorously defend their territories (see blow).

Certain factors may result in provoking hostility. For example if a character is seen in any of the following activities:

* Hunting Nomad NPCs (Keepers will defend their own kind without remorse)
* Carrying or using Nomad equipment, such as Nomad Blasters, Nomad Thrusters, etc
* Carrying Nomad "brains"
* Carrying Artifacts (!)
* Following ships and other irritating behavior

Keepers will not tolerate military human force in the systems of their zone of interest. Having no nomad tech does not guarantee safe passage, the Nomads don't make guarantees, you can be killed regardless of that. Traders, being the least concern to the Keepers, are typically left alone unless they behavior provokes hostility. Combat vessels are most likely to be attacked since they pose a threat, the closer vessel to Keepers home territories the more chance of being attacked.

Massive fleet movements, large battles and such activities can attract attention from Keepers. Attempts to communicate may result in Keepers changing their course to investigate the source of transmissions. Typically it's best to leave them alone if you wish to avoid encounter. As a general rule of thumb peeking into their areas of interest is already a risk regardless of the ship you fly or the faction you belong to.

Anyways, carrying anything farmed from Nomad NPCs is a good way to get yourself blown to pieces. If you really want to avoid getting nuked by Keepers or Nomads, just don't act hostile, try to RP with them if you can and if that doesn't work... Then you can't say you didn't try.

keeper engagement notices - Boss - 10-04-2009

' Wrote:Even with tonight's fight... we had 3 bombers (2 keeper bombers, one wilde bomber), a wilde gunboat, and one wilde fighter (with one more fighter joining in at the end of the whole ordeal). We were attacked by two gunships, a battlecruiser, a destroyer, four bombers to my count, and one fighter. Oh, and a zoner juggernaut, lets not forget that one.

Three fighters, the one we insta'd for the Nom Cannon and that Order guy too. I'm guessing that was Beck.

' Wrote:As far as I know Keepers only attack you if you are:

- a threat to them
- in their systems

If you are engaged, then it is your fault.
' Wrote:- You are showing disrespect
- You are a threat to Wilde

- Attacking Nomad NPCs
- Having Nomad cargo (Nomads, brains, power cells, blasters, cannons, etc)

The former, we're gonna try telling you to stop, but then you're gonna explode soon after. The second, you've got one shot to jettison it and scoot.

keeper engagement notices - darthbeck - 10-04-2009

Quote:with, or at least, scream like a sissy and try and run, which i dident have time to do.
I'm sure had you approached that smart way you'd having everything you have expect to.

did i not mention that i logged in space and they were about 2k from me? dident have much time to get my bearing's before getting destroyed.

and again, i have nothing against the keeper or wilde player factions as a whole. and i dont mind dying.

moderator lock please. i think this has run its course.

Done. -mwerte