Discovery Gaming Community
It happens to the best of us... - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Forum: Software & Hardware (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Thread: It happens to the best of us... (/showthread.php?tid=2885)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

It happens to the best of us... - supernova - 05-19-2007

' Wrote:Mac's are the worst computers....ever....i hate macs so much its not even funny. Im not one of those guys who supports the underdog. Quite frankly, i wish ATi would let Nvidia get on with it, and that XFX and ASUS would beat all those other companies such as Foxconn into the ground...but hey, thats just me.

I dont even know what/who gateway are, except a company hauling goods in freelancer....

Dude, Mcneo, MAC's are the best computer out there...they are 10 times faster than Windows XP computers plus they can do a lot more stuff. Why do you think they cost over 2,000 dollars?

It happens to the best of us... - McNeo - 05-19-2007

'Cause theyre crap...

basically, Macs are for visual work only. I will admit that Mac's OS X is pretty cool, but i think i'd rather get Linux. I dont care if XP is slower to be honest. Look at the compatibility....would you be able to play all the games on XP on the Mac (or Vista for that matter).

I dont think so....

It happens to the best of us... - Death Shadow - 05-19-2007

actually.... with the new intel chip u can run a mac with both OSX and XP (i think vista too)

i would love 2 have a mac (for now i have 2 settle with making my pc look like a mac)

It looks very nice BTW Mista.:P

It happens to the best of us... - DBoy1612 - 05-19-2007

' Wrote:Dude, Mcneo, MAC's are the best computer out there...they are 10 times faster than Windows XP computers plus they can do a lot more stuff. Why do you think they cost over 2,000 dollars?

Meh, Windows XP has more compadibity with the world... Only like a 1/4 of XP stuff works on a MAC...

So MAC might be better, but at the moment XP is the way to go.

Well it also depends on what you are going to use the computer for.

It happens to the best of us... - BestFlyerHere - 05-21-2007

Think about what else Super's been wrong about... Uh, everything!

Mista, any chip, no matter what the manufacturer can boot more than one OS. You just have to have enough room on your hard drive for each OS. Kinda stupid if ya ask me, just pick your OS.

It happens to the best of us... - Virus - 05-21-2007

I recently got a Mac... So... Here's my opinion:
Mac OS X may be nice, but its really not that useful for anything practical (apart from desktop publishing). Sure, its reliable and resistant to viruses, if you get the non-Intel Processor ones, but hell... My Athlon 64 is just as good.

Look at the stats for the best iMac, mmk?

2.16GHz Intel Processor
1 Gig Ram (not expandable)
250 Gig HD
Nvidia 7300 GT 128MB SDRAM
1x DVD-RW disk drive
Pricetag: $2000 USD

Let's look at my comp:
2.41GHz Athlon AMD 64
1 Gig RAM (expandable to 4 gigs)
375 Gig HD (yeah... big)
2x Nvidia GeForce 6300 256MB SDRAM SLI-Compatible
Pricetag: $1,900 USD Exactly 13 months ago.

Price/power efficiency is enough.

It happens to the best of us... - Hylden - 05-21-2007

' Wrote:Dude, Mcneo, MAC's are the best computer out there...they are 10 times faster than Windows XP computers plus they can do a lot more stuff. Why do you think they cost over 2,000 dollars?

:lol:my friend, not the Windows XP give the performance of a system, but what's on that system. the os is just a platform. and i bet that a mac with same components as a pc have the same performance, or maybe a difference, which is to be probably very small, so it won't matter. let's not clutch on details...

It happens to the best of us... - Overlord - 05-21-2007

yo Kane, have you tried Knoppix yet? Helped me once with a similar problem, where my PC completely to boot anything, neither from HDD nor CD. But with the Knoppix CD, i was able to boot, save some of my stuff and then wipe the machine to reinstall everything from scratch.

That might help. And let's hope those precious MP ID's are still backed up somewhere? I got one set print outs, some reg files on my local pc and a copy of 'em on an online storage - just in case ;)