Discovery Gaming Community
Hiraga Freighting Company - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Hiraga Freighting Company (/showthread.php?tid=29238)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Hiraga Freighting Company - Stefan - 11-05-2009

' Wrote:Depends on who is in question.
Gaians are scientists and care about other plans. They will just leave you alone I believe, unless you're carrying wildlife or something precious to them.

Mollies will rather kiss a BAF on a mouth than side with Kusarian.
Corsairs on the other hand... will probably plunder you if you're alone and they've traveled all the way to leeds to actually plunder something.

Well the question itself was for jdf, but...

My position here is just concerning his company interests, not logic or anything... I understand your position about the pirate factions and all... well, except for the Gaians, whom right now have no "official face", but... Anyway... Yeah, I think I would actually enjoy to see Kusarian transports entering Edinburgh and Lewis to supply the Gaians or any other pirate faction...

Hiraga Freighting Company - jdftheman - 11-05-2009

@Ivan:
Our ingame RP will eventually lead us to our diplomatic stands within kusari, so I can't really say much except that right now, I have been pirated by blood dragons and GC, and once i got helped out by a AFA member, so i believe that our diplomacy towards BD and GC will turn hostile, while FA or hogosha could become neutral to even friendly.

As for the government, my character shinta Hiraga sees the war as the way of kusari to bring peace and justice to sirius, and he believes that under the guidance of the emperor, Kusari will take its rightful place as the greatest house. So i can say he supports the government.

@Lucad:
I am not going to touch diplomacy towards bretonia just yet. Since our diplomacy will be derived from ingame RP, I will wait till we have grown enough in Kusari and have our standings towards all kusari factions completed before we will be planning our expansion into the other houses, that is partially the reason for the very limited ZOI right now.

an other reason for the current ZOI is simply because we first need to get our own directives and RP in tip top shape, before we can spread out. If we were to go all over the houses with our current diplomacy or even RP, we would be quickly seen as just another lulwot faction trying to make as much money as possible.

Right now, with me included, we have 4 people who have a HFC tagged ship, or are in the progress of making one. Which to be honest is more than I first hoped for, since its only been a few days since i made this tread. With them, and hopefully with some extra people, I hope to be able to turn this now small and insignificant faction into one that can stay on this server for a long time, with foundations that are laid by strong RP, so that it can withstand the test of time.

Hiraga Freighting Company - johnpeter - 11-05-2009

Well, I think the idea is excellent. Moar freighters, moar Kusari, moar roleplay.

Hiraga Freighting Company - Stefan - 11-05-2009

' Wrote:@Lucad:
I am not going to touch diplomacy towards bretonia just yet. Since our diplomacy will be derived from ingame RP, I will wait till we have grown enough in Kusari and have our standings towards all kusari factions completed before we will be planning our expansion into the other houses, that is partially the reason for the very limited ZOI right now.

an other reason for the current ZOI is simply because we first need to get our own directives and RP in tip top shape, before we can spread out. If we were to go all over the houses with our current diplomacy or even RP, we would be quickly seen as just another lulwot faction trying to make as much money as possible.

Right now, with me included, we have 4 people who have a HFC tagged ship, or are in the progress of making one. Which to be honest is more than I first hoped for, since its only been a few days since i made this tread. With them, and hopefully with some extra people, I hope to be able to turn this now small and insignificant faction into one that can stay on this server for a long time, with foundations that are laid by strong RP, so that it can withstand the test of time.

That's exactly why I look forward to meet'cha.
You guys are already running with the HFC tag? Great. Might find time to stalk ya a little.

Keep up the work.

Hiraga Freighting Company - jdftheman - 11-07-2009

Ok, for those who might want an update on how things are going, here's a small review:

1) After a bit of forum RP, we added the Anki freighter to our shiplist, a link to the thread with the diplomacy was added in the first post.

2) Ingame RP is starting to grow abit, though kusari sometimes is just to desolate to really do much of RP in. I hope we can change that with time. I'm still trying to figure out some aspects of RPing a Kusari Citizen, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it later. I don't know how my other members are doing just yet in that department.

3) Diplomacy is slowely but certainly taking basic lines with concerns to semi-lawfulls and unlawfulls. Blood dragons seem to be our main concern right now, as they make up the largest part of the pirates we encounter. A few GC pirates have been encountered, but some where negative, whilst others were rather positive, so I can't really figure it out just yet where they should stand.
Hogosha hasn't really bothered us, nor did they really stand out in terms of help, so they are getting more to the neutral part for the moment.
Then the farmers alliance, I have had some great RP encounters with them, and one AFA member even saved me from a blood dragon pirate, so I can see them getting to friendly. I'm thinking about changing the small history, because it kinda paints them as bad, while they really aren't.

Maybe a small bit of how I see the future, I hope to open trade diplomacy to one additional house, aswell as the use of bigger ships (up to 2000 cargospace max) somewhere in december, If we can survive that long, and if we have made our presence clear enough to the rest of Kusari, though december would be great in my eyes.

Well, thats where we stand right now. More feedback is always welcome, just like new members. If you're interested, just post here or send me a PM, than we can handle things.

Hiraga Freighting Company - reavengitair - 11-09-2009

I actually love the idea of this. Finally, something neutral between Kishiro/GMG and Samura.

I'll contact you by PM relatively soon.

Hiraga Freighting Company - Exsiled_one - 11-09-2009

I still don't think he'll be able to sit easily on the "neutrality" chair without cashing out alot of money on all the sides.

Working minor contracts for Kishiro or Samura, sure, but taking over Kishiro's rights to export fuel or plutonium from GMG surely won't happen, as well as stepping up into Samura's monopolized market.

At least not for free.

Hiraga Freighting Company - jdftheman - 01-06-2010

little bumpy

well actually a very large bump, seeing as it has almost been 2 months since the last post on this.

The entire idea had died out allot with the server going down due to attacks, and some things in RL that prevented me from doing much, but now I was considering trying to get this idea back on its tracks, but maybe add a few things to make it more popular with the crowds.

So any suggestions? or people that might want to join again and give this idea a try?

Hiraga Freighting Company - Marcus Lindberg - 01-06-2010

I have one concern, I haven't read your history yet, but I've noticed how you use civilian ID's and no IFF's...

My concern is that the civilian ID prevents anyone from above level 30 pirating you since they can't destroy you. Also, there are barely any pirates that are under level 30, therefore, your group would face virtually no piracy. Now, I know you guys won't get that much profit anyways since your gonna be on freighters which give a few hundred thousand profit for in house trading and all, but I personally see it as an RP obstacle if you can't be pirated, I mean, what trader doesn't get pirated?

I'd personally recommend you switch to the independent trader ID but still only use freighters, because then pirates will be able to pirate you. Besides, I doubt they'd pirate you that much seeing as your only in a freighter, and mainly because Kusari has a lot of good RP'ers in its midst.

Hiraga Freighting Company - 11of10 - 01-06-2010

I think Civillians CAN be pirated, people are only protected untill level 30, as far as I know.

If not, I believe then JFD will accept your recommendation.