Discovery Gaming Community
concept model - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: concept model (/showthread.php?tid=30129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

concept model - AdamantineFist - 11-25-2009

Wow, Jinx. Just... wow. Absolutely perfect.

concept model - Linkus - 11-25-2009

Why not have this as a different kind of Juggernaught? Don't replace the current one, add this in as well.

I mean, there are always variations on models of any kind of vehicle and if the vehicle is popular, usually the number of variations and how much they vary increases hugely.

More variety, more types of current ships.

For those that yell 'Mod size!':
The mass majority of players here must have good connections to play the game online and be able to fight well enough.
I'd swear a poll was done a while ago and the majority of folks had disturbingly fast connections infact.
If you can play Discovery online with at least a reasonable ping, adding in another 50 ships won't cause you to cry at the file size.

concept model - schlurbi - 11-25-2009

I like it, but I thought the current one has only two Biodomes. Anyway, I like that those are not covered by hulls anymore like the old Biodomes.

At Linkus above: You would need to add new Stations for more Ships.

concept model - tansytansey - 11-25-2009

I really like this new version. It actually feels like the engines are powerful enough to push the ship along. I couldn't even tell where they were on the old one.

concept model - sean24 - 11-25-2009

The new version is great. Please, submit it for 4.86 not another update.

concept model - Sarawr!? - 11-25-2009

I don't want to be seen as like...the bringer of doom here or anything, and before I continue let me just say that it really is a great looking model, and that I do indeed like it.

But, as the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Again, it really is a great model, but the current Juggernaut works just fine and is as aesthetically pleasing as a Juggy should be, no?

concept model - Linkus - 11-25-2009

In relation to more stations. That is incredibly easy to do and shouldn't be a deciding factor against having more ships.
I mean, we are bringing out battlecruisers, new cruisers, new battleships, everything. We needed more stations before and have them now. We even might have a lack of ships for the huge number of stations we have.

Take Livida shipyards for example. If you want to add another 3 ships, simply 'split' the station into two and have two stations to dock at, but which are essentially just the one. No rumours, NPCs etc would have to change since it's the same station.
That's a simple way of doing it.

Another way is just add in another station..which is relatively easy.

concept model - Akura - 11-25-2009

' Wrote:But, as the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Can someone please get to work on the Homeworld ships? Or the awful imports? Or the Phantom ships?

The Jinkusu is actually not half bad.

concept model - BlueSpawn - 11-25-2009

Maybe a wrong place to post this, but why not get rid of the homeworld vessels altogether?

I remember there was a slew of Xeno ships modeled and textured some time back. They were rejected on the basis that Discovery mod has too many ships. Now I don't play Xeno and I doubt I ever will, but if you asked me what's more important: a cannon NPC faction like Xenos getting their own own line of ships or a bunch of Homeworld imports, I would go with the first.

concept model - kimiji - 11-25-2009

The homeworld ships will be the next things I'm looking at.