Discovery Gaming Community
Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought (/showthread.php?tid=33042)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Sprolf - 01-16-2010

' Wrote:Question is:
Where did the junker get all of the equipment to make a massive ship?

OLOLOL THEY STOEL IT.

Or they scavenged it.
Or traded for it. *shrugs*

Junkers aren't exactly as poorly off as some "outlaw" groups.
They're quasi-legal, they have trade roots (not a typo!) all over Sirius, and they can deal with basically anyone for anything. They're a rich sort of mob. I imagine they could easily get a ship like this if they wanted...

But the question is if they'd want it.
Doesn't exactly fit their arrpee, does it?

(It could, in theory, be a Junker-manufactured cheap sort of battleship that they'd sell to various groups. Built from salvage, durable, redundant, ergonomic. Typical Junker construction. They'd be able to make a lot of money off of it, perhaps seems to fit better.)

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Exsiled_one - 01-16-2010

I second the "you're getting awesome at designs" post

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Luis - 01-16-2010

' Wrote:I second the "you're getting awesome at designs" post

Haha:D
Thank you. I'm quite learning a lot of designs. My roomates help me as well, although they don't like the graphics at FL, but they like the models.

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Pacific - 01-16-2010

Why not Recrate the Cololition ships From the Original Intro thay are cool whit thair Fowerd Devastating Guns

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Luis - 01-16-2010

' Wrote:Why not Recrate the Cololition ships From the Original Intro thay are cool whit thair Fowerd Devastating Guns

We have talked about it in the past, but since this is a RP Server, those ships are old. Basically, the "devs" create a new version of those ships.

Edit: Better engines.
[Image: C-BS.png]

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - AJBeast - 01-16-2010

' Wrote:OLOLOL THEY STOEL IT.

Or they scavenged it.
Or traded for it. *shrugs*

Junkers aren't exactly as poorly off as some "outlaw" groups.
They're quasi-legal, they have trade roots (not a typo!) all over Sirius, and they can deal with basically anyone for anything. They're a rich sort of mob. I imagine they could easily get a ship like this if they wanted...

But the question is if they'd want it.
Doesn't exactly fit their arrpee, does it?
(It could, in theory, be a Junker-manufactured cheap sort of battleship that they'd sell to various groups. Built from salvage, durable, redundant, ergonomic. Typical Junker construction. They'd be able to make a lot of money off of it, perhaps seems to fit better.)

I think it is easy to imagine the Junkers mass-producing a semi-unlawful cap built out of spare parts. Just one thing, who would buy it? The groups that could afford such a ship already have their own already and independents are ID limited to bombers.

As much of a delightful idea as that may be, I pretty much doubt that the Junkers will ever get a cap. That issue is flamefesttastic.

Nice model, by the way.

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Othman - 01-19-2010

Is it possible to see it textured and with better resolution?

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Lunaphase - 01-19-2010

All of you are gonna hate me for saying this, but it looks like a heavily armored transport more than a battleship. it just doesent have the slots for the turrets, like any other bs, and it also doesent really have that "tough mother****er to kill" look.. it looks more like it would be hard to kill but more along the size of a cruiser. (Actually, id push for that to replace the BWT yahty thingy we have now...)

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - DartStriker - 01-19-2010

Whats your poly count at right now on that ship?

Coalition -Monsoon- Dreadnought - Luis - 01-19-2010

Polycount: 11,155

Could reduce it to 1,500 but I am just too lazy to do that. Got more RL important things to do.