Discovery Gaming Community
Bounty Hunter Guild - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Bounty Hunter Guild (/showthread.php?tid=39978)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bounty Hunter Guild - Hell Hunter - 11-14-2011

It's more evasive and can rape if used correctly.
Threshers in a swarm? Dohohohoho. You're screwed, Mr Ossie.

Bounty Hunter Guild - Agmen of Eladesor - 11-14-2011

' Wrote:Hi I had come to the same point, the point in which criminals can use their capital ships in independent systems or even house spaces but hunter cannot go there with anything bigger than orca, after several suicide runs on SPYGLASS with my orca for example i think that rule and all this core thing isnt fair, im no saying hunters should hang around with MAKOs but at least give the THRESHER rights to go wherever we need or if not maybe idea is to create second faction of bounty hunters as all this idea fighting with order in my opinion should be not happening. Hunters are to hunt criminals, terrorists, etc, actually they should hunt individuals only in my opinion and they should do it with their discretion if they up to do this or not, not like to be obliged with some diplomacy based relations, i dont see this in roleplay.

Looking for options to get it solved.
' Wrote:This is a pretty useful thread. I have a new Thresher with Core ID. I am looking at the house systems rule definition, and I see that most of the secondary Sirius systems are within navigable reach. Specifically I can get to the Tau systems through the Omicrons, and can then reach a bunch of the western Independent systems from there, and can also get to Hudson and Bering if I am willing to fight my way through (a lot of work but it's possible). However I cannot get to the northern non-house systems at all; Yukon and Cassini and Kepler and that whole swath is cut off since there is no access route that does not cross a house system. Similarly the string of systems from Quebec through Braunschweig are also isolated, since you have to cross house space to reach them. Oita is also cut-off, although that's only interesting observation and not much importance for a BH.

There are standing orders from the official faction, which IS capable of issuing inRP orders to Indies under the faction rules, that you will NOT take your caps up that way. The standing orders also apply to Omega 3 & 7 as well.

So if you as an indy BHG cap owner do decide to take your Thresher or Mako up to Kansas simply because you can, you are opening yourself up to an FR5 from us. There are role-play consequences for your role-play actions.

The Core is a 'seperate' faction. Once 4.86 comes out, they should be seperated, and used for the Omicron Wars. We're keeping them as a subfaction of the Guild now - or is the Guild a subfaction of the Core? Welcome to our convoluted RP.

Bounty Hunter Guild - Ursus - 11-14-2011

I made a BHG with a Thresher so I could hunt and kill pirates in the unlawful space. Fighter/bomber is not an option when you have to fight your way through several unlawful systems with no docking options, so a capital ship is reallly the only option for extended journeys.

Nobody here is aksing to allow BH capital ships to camp in house space. What we are asking for are links between the different pieces of unlawful space. That's a big difference.

It is fine with me to split Core from BHG (really don't care about fighting with Order since they are not unlawfuls) but it is not fine to remove cap ships from BHG. I am using them in that role.

Bounty Hunter Guild - Agmen of Eladesor - 11-15-2011

' Wrote:I made a BHG with a Thresher so I could hunt and kill pirates in the unlawful space. Fighter/bomber is not an option when you have to fight your way through several unlawful systems with no docking options, so a capital ship is reallly the only option for extended journeys.

Nobody here is aksing to allow BH capital ships to camp in house space. What we are asking for are links between the different pieces of unlawful space. That's a big difference.

It is fine with me to split Core from BHG (really don't care about fighting with Order since they are not unlawfuls) but it is not fine to remove cap ships from BHG. I am using them in that role.

I'll be a little more explicit, then. Read THIS post.

Cap ships are restricted by standing orders to the Omicrons, Omegas, Taus, and Sigmas ONLY, as per orders. You may NOT enter Omega 3 or Omega 7 with a BHG Cap ship. You can do what you wish with anything up to and including an Orca - although Monte would prefer that all Core ID'd ships stay in the Omicrons.

I explained a bit further in the thread - this is part of our self-policing so that way our ID doesn't get nerfed again. It is possible to, without violating house space, to get to Magellan - which technically the ID allows. We're not going to do that, nor are we allowing our pilots to do that, because we don't want the super-tight restrictions placed BACK on the Core cap ships that HAVE existed in the past - and which will come again if people effectively abuse those ships by using them in this manner.

Under Faction Right 2, it is within our authority to issue these orders that ALL players, not just official faction members, but also Indies, have to follow. We have an in-RP reason for these orders. You'll note that FR2 says that we can't order you to violate non-canonical RP. We're not - we're actually ordering you to follow our 'official' RP line - since the Core was never canon in Freelancer.

Quote: there is a faction policy that you don't take your big cap ships into Magellan or Kansas, even though it's possible to get there

As for you comment about splitting the cap ships - if (or when) the faction does finally split, cap ships will NOT be going to regular hunters. They will be restricted to doing their thing in the Omicron Wars. They are warships - not anti-pirate patrol ships. (One of the reasons the faction hasn't actually split yet is due to the issue of being official. That's why even though I don't have much in game time, I'm still Guildmaster of both the BHG| and the BHG|Core, with Dash and Monte running things. And eventually - once the wonder of Skyrim wears off, and 4.86 comes out, we'll be highly active again. We're working on skype right now with the Order leadership and the Nomad leadership on where we're going to take things.)

EDIT: In reading this, it sounds like I'm being a little harsh. We've put up with a lot of crap from people, and a huge amount of restrictions at various times because to be brutally honest, the server is biased against a lawful force like ours. Those things we've gotten, we've had to fight and argue for - and we're not going to let the actions of one, or a few - ruin them for the rest of us. We have FR'5 groups of Core ID'd ships in the past that disobeyed our orders. Sirius becomes a lonely place when you have no lawful place to dock. So please just stay the hell out of anything that could vaguely be construed as house space with your cap ships, and we won't have any issues. (Oh, and stay out of Gallia, too. We've already been there. It sucks.)

Bounty Hunter Guild - Ursus - 11-15-2011

I don't have a problem with current rules, definition of house space, or anything else current. I'd like to get access to more of the lawless space, but that is something different

As far as future planinig goes... If pirates can have cap ships and move them around, then there needs to be a counter for that. BG cap ships in unlawful space are the only current viable method for dealing with them, which is why I went this way. House forces barely manage their own turf (Texas tradelane anyone?) and cannot operate in most of the lawless sectors. The game construct of "opposing unlawfuls" only works where the factions meet and don't end up cooperating (Samura vs BD is we'll pirate this half and you take the other). Freelancers and Mercenaries don't have access to capital ships, neither do shipping factions. So what we have today is a pirate in a Tridente or a Destroyer camping a trade lane in the indy space (seen them both), feasting on transports and nobody who can stop them. BH with cap ships that are restricted by current rules are the only counter to that... and judging by the limited number that I see it is not being used much at alll (I think I have seen exactly one Thresher chasing a pirate gunship).

I don't care what happens to Core. I don't even care what happens to BH, as far as that goes. But if there is going to be effective player policing then there needs to be an opposing force that has access to the same class of ships and equipment as the pirates do, and is able to go to where they are.

Bounty Hunter Guild - Hielor - 11-15-2011

' Wrote:I don't have a problem with current rules, definition of house space, or anything else current. I'd like to get access to more of the lawless space, but that is something different

As far as future planinig goes... If pirates can have cap ships and move them around, then there needs to be a counter for that. BG cap ships in unlawful space are the only current viable method for dealing with them, which is why I went this way. House forces barely manage their own turf (Texas tradelane anyone?) and cannot operate in most of the lawless sectors. The game construct of "opposing unlawfuls" only works where the factions meet and don't end up cooperating (Samura vs BD is we'll pirate this half and you take the other). Freelancers and Mercenaries don't have access to capital ships, neither do shipping factions. So what we have today is a pirate in a Tridente or a Destroyer camping a trade lane in the indy space (seen them both), feasting on transports and nobody who can stop them. BH with cap ships that are restricted by current rules are the only counter to that... and judging by the limited number that I see it is not being used much at alll (I think I have seen exactly one Thresher chasing a pirate gunship).

I don't care what happens to Core. I don't even care what happens to BH, as far as that goes. But if there is going to be effective player policing then there needs to be an opposing force that has access to the same class of ships and equipment as the pirates do, and is able to go to where they are.
Pirating in capital ships is against the restrictions of any unlawful IDs that can use cap ships, and shooting transports is against the rules for any cap ships.

If you see an unlawful destroyer sitting on a lane pirating people, the correct course of action is "file a sanction report," not "get a bigger cap ship to shoot them with."

Bounty Hunter Guild - Ursus - 11-15-2011

Oh. HAHAH. Nevermind then

Wish I'd known that $200 million credits ago

Bounty Hunter Guild - Dashiell - 11-15-2011

To answer some things:

- the removal 'can hunt bounties' line in the BHG Core id has already been submitted. I just hope the devs include this alteration.

- The Mako is indeed weak. that's why it isn't spammed and the ossie is.

- use bombers to hunt criminal caps, more style, way more effective and in rp it actually makes sense. rather than parading around house space in a foreign warship that's about 8 systems removed from its ZoI.

Core = PMC-ish seperatist branch of the BHG. They don't hunt bounties. they want uber tech, and territory. They use caps sometimes cuz they're in a war.

BHG = traditional bounty hunters.

Bounty Hunter Guild - AeternusDoleo - 11-15-2011

' Wrote:Under Faction Right 2, it is within our authority to issue these orders that ALL players, not just official faction members, but also Indies, have to follow. We have an in-RP reason for these orders. You'll note that FR2 says that we can't order you to violate non-canonical RP. We're not - we're actually ordering you to follow our 'official' RP line - since the Core was never canon in Freelancer.
As for you comment about splitting the cap ships - if (or when) the faction does finally split, cap ships will NOT be going to regular hunters. They will be restricted to doing their thing in the Omicron Wars. They are warships - not anti-pirate patrol ships. (One of the reasons the faction hasn't actually split yet is due to the issue of being official. That's why even though I don't have much in game time, I'm still Guildmaster of both the BHG| and the BHG|Core, with Dash and Monte running things. And eventually - once the wonder of Skyrim wears off, and 4.86 comes out, we'll be highly active again. We're working on skype right now with the Order leadership and the Nomad leadership on where we're going to take things.)

EDIT: In reading this, it sounds like I'm being a little harsh. We've put up with a lot of crap from people, and a huge amount of restrictions at various times because to be brutally honest, the server is biased against a lawful force like ours. Those things we've gotten, we've had to fight and argue for - and we're not going to let the actions of one, or a few - ruin them for the rest of us. We have FR'5 groups of Core ID'd ships in the past that disobeyed our orders. Sirius becomes a lonely place when you have no lawful place to dock. So please just stay the hell out of anything that could vaguely be construed as house space with your cap ships, and we won't have any issues. (Oh, and stay out of Gallia, too. We've already been there. It sucks.)
Would have been a LOT clearer to people if you'd simply have named the core "Core" instead of "BHG Core". When people read Bounty Hunter, they think "pew unlawful for cash". If that's not the Core's role, it should not be named Bountyhunter to begin with. But yea, non-house capital ships within House space tends to annoy the house navies...
Mako may be weak now, but I wager being small as it is, it'll be quite nice once the turret split and cap steering gets into gear. Not to mention the BHG BC once it get's it's thruster...

[Edit] Incidentally, nice gravedig

Bounty Hunter Guild - Montezuma/Kukulcan - 11-15-2011

' Wrote:In conclusion regular hunters should have caps

Lolno.

Core caps are Core for a reason.

Also, Aeternus, I would LOVE the Core's IFF to be changed from "Bounty Hunter -" to "Guild Core -", and the Core's entry in the ingame info panel to be changed from "Bounty Hunters Guild Core" to just "Guild Core". Along with other corresponding changes.