Discovery Gaming Community
Corsair Faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Corsair Faction (/showthread.php?tid=41255)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Corsair Faction - Curios - 06-04-2010

Quote:get food from other sources besides

Well, it's a current state of things. But really, why there is no any other purposes for Corsairs but only fight with stagnation?

And there is a planet in benitez system with ocean surface. (hidden in cloud)

Corsair Faction - Carlos_Benitez - 06-05-2010

' Wrote:Well, it's a current state of things. But really, why there is no any other purposes for Corsairs but only fight with stagnation?

And there is a planet in benitez system with ocean surface. (hidden in cloud)
SPOILER ALTERT
Planet YK-087 is uncharted and undiscovered. It's also situated within a super-dense un-navigable (read: deadly) nebula crawling with nomads, and situated next-door to an unstable jumphole which, logically, can only be presumed to lead to nomad-land.
YK087 is most certainly not a viable location for Corsair development. In fact it's probably a gas giant. It almost certainly doesn't contain liquid water because it's sitting in a super-dense nebulae that blocks out almost all warmth-giving solar radiation or light.
I can give this guarantee, as I'm the one who conceptually designed the system.

Im not even comfortable talking about YK, or the contents of that nebula. The nebula was supposed to be so deadly no-one could possibly explore it and live. It was meant to represent the outer limits of explored space, which no explorer could enter or cross. ie. the edge of Sirius.
It wasn't, because I think our designers were reluctant to put anything so potent in the game. However, take it from me that even nomads can't survive in there for long.

With regards to the Sails system, bear in mind it's been against the rules to include inhabited planets in faction systems. Good luck convincing the team, or Igiss, to let it happen.

Corsair Faction - Not Espi - 06-05-2010

' Wrote:First I've heard of it, but do contact us. K? K.

(]c[)Charles.M.Burns, to be precise. It was an ingame thing.

Corsair Faction - n00bl3t - 06-05-2010

' Wrote:Why aren't the Rheinland Engines green?

[/offtopic]

It it taken from a pre-made wallpaper.

Corsair Faction - Not Espi - 06-05-2010

' Wrote:With regards to the Sails system, bear in mind it's been against the rules to include inhabited planets in faction systems. Good luck convincing the team, or Igiss, to let it happen.

no no no. not a planet, but a semi-finished (or perhaps even a finished and completely functional) biodome station. and im talking fp-ish biodomes, that actually work, unlike the barcelona ones.

well im giving it a shot anyway.

Corsair Faction - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 06-05-2010

More biodomes would be great. That actually would change a bit diplomatic issues, most likely Jinx is most worried about. Being more independent, gives corsairs a reason to be even more aggresive than they are now.

And I agree with Carlos. Stagnation is boring.. more dynamic enviroments are always more intresting.

Corsair Faction - Elven - 06-05-2010

' Wrote:Wouldn't a deal with Synth Foods effectively sever all the Corsairs' alliances?

Terraforming a planet would almost have the same effect, not to mention the need to wait the hundreds of years and all.
Deal with Synth Foods would slowly make Corsairs more popular in Liberty, though. However I'd simply buy food from FA and try to make deal with LWB making more chaos within Rheinland Revolutionary Alliance. So we'd say "No" to megaalliances. Devs'd say "NO U", though.

Concerning terraforming - I thought once to leave Crete for Gaians - so they'll be able to provide alternatives to terraforming as gentlemen who needed to prove their viewpoint in front of Camridge institute. All Corsairs'd settle down on Gran Canaria, those who'd not like that, could keep their homes on Crete, of course.

Corsair Faction - Zelot - 06-06-2010

' Wrote:no no no. not a planet, but a semi-finished (or perhaps even a finished and completely functional) biodome station. and im talking fp-ish biodomes, that actually work, unlike the barcelona ones.

well im giving it a shot anyway.

What doesn't work about Barcelona's biodomes?

Corsair Faction - Elven - 06-06-2010

Indeed, it's actually written in Barcelona infocard it's working. <.<

Corsair Faction - Chico - 06-06-2010

An approach to the LWB. Interesting.
They remained neutral in the Outcast/Corsair war choosing to not to pick sides. They have lots of spare capacity thanks to Synth so they are feeling a little revolutionary.
The Unioners were once a corsair supporter but got little from the corsairs so severed ties to them. They were still neutral however until they joined the alliance. The Bundschuh go to pains to point out that they are neutral to corsairs and to not be lumped in to the 'Alliance'.
To top it off, corsairs may not be welcome in Rheinland but they aren't actively hunted by the RM either.
It's only the Hessians, who with careful RP have ranged all the Rheinland factions against the corsairs.

Maybe the Corsairs should take up the diplomatic mantle here and make contact. The RM are threatened by both the Hessians and the Libertonians. They don't want artifacts and don't pay good prices for them so no threat there to them.
A not dis-similar arrangement to the one in Delta might be an option here. If the LWB can be bought on-side with work and credits for their overproduction, it would be worth it.

No alliances, just 'ground rules' and trade agreements. Everyone gets something then without actually giving up much. Enables more interaction and thats a good thing.
Thats just a few ideas anyway to spice things up.