Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad Trial Privileges - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Nomad Trial Privileges (/showthread.php?tid=43468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Nomad Trial Privileges - Maskage - 07-09-2010

Might be worth pointing out that the nomad morph is not equal to the Labraid. It looks the same, but all of the stats are reduced including agility. (Although I'm not sure about energy)

In my opinion I think it would be best if morphs had no gun slots. Makes more sense than having human guns, and if you want to be a keeper you need to learn how to dodge anyway.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Irra - 07-09-2010

' Wrote:Might be worth pointing out that the nomad morph is not equal to the Labraid. It looks the same, but all of the stats are reduced including agility. (Although I'm not sure about energy)

Its reduced too..

Ehmn.. Nomad Trial Morphs already have lots of privileges.. wait little bit. I expect tomorrow someone will ask admins to place Marduk on Shrine.. does anyone here has any patience?

Keeper loadouts are balanced. Giving one class 8 weapons that's a lot weaker than human class 9 shouldn't debalance things..

Nomad Trial Privileges - Elsdragon - 07-09-2010

Well, while I personally feel that the kiddies learning to shoot their own nubs would probably be a better learning experience, it also kinda limits their survival rate. While nomads are Effectivly immortal, Dieing isnt easy on the mind, which in turn limits learning taken in. As for how people say it is "oorp" for a nomad to use human guns, it would be fairly easy to extend a few pseudopods into the weapon and direct energy down them, using them to amplify the damage caused. As for the whole "Nomads intrested in Human technology" thing from Vanilla, I am pretty sure that it is more curirosity than anything.

Nomad Trial Privileges - dodike - 07-09-2010

' Wrote:Ehmn.. Nomad Trial Morphs already have lots of privileges.. wait little bit. I expect tomorrow someone will ask admins to place Marduk on Shrine.. does anyone here has any patience?

I can't stand Marduks with human turrets either. Just give morphs something that looks nomadish.

It's not about privileges it's about making Sirius less fugly place. A valid request IMHO.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Dragonslayer - 07-09-2010

Foofighter Wrote:If there was more RP to be found in the Omicrons, maybe they'd go there. I realize that some of the Order| and BHG folks and even some indies are going out on a limb to make the Omicrons a better place, but they're the minority and as it is, even the Keepers go to other places to get their roleplay for most of it.

Maybe you need to BRING some RP there in order to FIND it there?

You know, how about the Keepers sometimes go to the omicrons and teach some morphs some stuff in the omcirons?

Foofighter Wrote:And as for the human guns, well - they haven't got any of their own, so due to gameplay limitations, they have to use human equipment. It's just a slightly ooRP thing - just like the fact that your nice Navy cap isn't funded with tax money but from your trader, who just "donated" a generous sum to some completely unknown guy who happens to be interested in commanding a Battleship.
Hate to shatter your world, but its only a "gameplay limitation" because devs made it such. Selling some nomad equipment for morphs on the shrine is as easy to to as selling outcast stuff on outcast bases.

Foofighter Wrote:It actually does. Read the lore again.
Sorry, but if you arent able to provide the argument yourself but just resort to saying "read the lore again", its rather hard to take you seriously.

Boss Wrote:Give them an inch and they want a country mile.
Please, be happy with what you've gained already. I can't say that more won't come later, but asking for more days after getting a freaking Nomad tag and docking rights seems a bit rude.
You are talking like the nomad tag and nomad docking is something you had to squeeze out of your own uterus. Its a tag and base like any other faction's. Its not different than docking on any other faction base. Just some people were being posessive about it like 5 year olds groping their favorite toys and calling mommy when another kid tries to touch them, so that they could be the kids with the coolest toys. Nomads are part of vanilla freelancer just like navy and Outcast. It's not "your" faction which you invented, you are just trying to monopolize it.

Adjucator Wrote:I applaud the Keepers for allowing such an open way of freeing up Nomad roleplay to the masses.

No other invite only faction has done that yet. Docking rights to Nomad bases? Unprecedented. That's a massive milestone if I do say so myself.

It's only an invite only faction because people decided to kidnap a vanilla faction and try to keep it for themselves. If the navy or DSE was an invite only faction, you'd now be applauding them for not shooting anyone who gets near DSE or navy stuff, and letting people have the crappiest navy and DSE stuff while keeping the best stuff for themselves.

Maybe its a milestone, but the fact that it is a milestone is rather sad.

Dodike Wrote:Give the morphs nomad looking guns or remove all gun slots. That way I could stand looking at a morph without my eyes bleeding.
Finally a normal and honnest person around here.

Sead Wrote:Ehmn.. Nomad Trial Morphs already have lots of privileges.. wait little bit. I expect tomorrow someone will ask admins to place Marduk on Shrine.. does anyone here has any patience?
You know... you can try and try again to explain things to some people, and then they will just totally ignore what you said and say you said something totally different.

Elsdragon Wrote:As for how people say it is "oorp" for a nomad to use human guns, it would be fairly easy to extend a few pseudopods into the weapon and direct energy down them, using them to amplify the damage caused. As for the whole "Nomads intrested in Human technology" thing from Vanilla, I am pretty sure that it is more curirosity than anything.
Yeah, just like it should be fairly easy to mount any other "oorp" gun on your ship on any other faction. Except that additionally the nomads look absolutely horrible with human guns.

Dodike Wrote:It's not about privileges it's about making Sirius less fugly place. A valid request IMHO.
Dodike, thats the second excellent common sense post you made in this thread, without getting dragged into trying to argue with the nonsense other people post. I dont know who you are, but commend thee.

Nomad Trial Privileges - kersch_wasser - 07-09-2010

welll...if yer looking for cosmetics i reccomend purple goddess chain guns

they are the most nommy lookign with projectiles

but yeah...just make a mini version of regular nomad weps and give them to the baby nomads

Nomad Trial Privileges - Death.RunningVerminator - 07-09-2010

' Wrote:Just because somebody wrote it in the lore doesnt mean it makes sense.
He's got a point.

' Wrote:I realize that some of the Order| and BHG folks and even some indies are going out on a limb to make the Omicrons a better place, but they're the minority and as it is, even the Keepers go to other places to get their roleplay for most of it.
SCORE! :yahoo:

My opinion on the original post: It does make sense to have at least the lesser weapons used for morphs, instead of the Outcast ones. But, then again, you make a morph in order to try out the RP, not the PVP.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 07-09-2010

Quote:but the fact that it is a milestone is rather sad.

I know, that's why im firmly against invite only factions.

Quote:It's only an invite only faction because people decided to kidnap a vanilla faction and try to keep it for themselves. If the navy or DSE was an invite only faction, you'd now be applauding them for not shooting anyone who gets near DSE or navy stuff, and letting people have the crappiest navy and DSE stuff while keeping the best stuff for themselves.

Very well said, although the Nomad faction in general (there is a 'generic' Nomad ID, you know) has extreme possibillity to be abused if not carefully monitored. But it doesnt need to go as far as being an invite only faction.

Quote:try out the RP, not the PVP.

PvP directly relates to RP. Roleplay dictates the reasons we fight. The Nomads are trying to eradicate us from their space (or the Daam K'vosh's, cough) So, in order to fully understand the RP... We must PVP.

But if the PvP grows to a point it becomes harmful to the RP, then chance is needed (and should be expected)

Nomad Trial Privileges - Death.RunningVerminator - 07-09-2010

' Wrote:PvP directly relates to RP. Roleplay dictates the reasons we fight. The Nomads are trying to eradicate us from their space (or the Daam K'vosh's, cough) So, in order to fully understand the RP... We must PVP.

But if the PvP grows to a point it becomes harmful to the RP, then chance is needed (and should be expected)
I disagree. But ok.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Markus_Janus - 07-09-2010

As a pilot of a morph, I would say that I would indeed like access to nomad weapons, even if they are weaker than the weapons I have now, I just can't stand the sight of the human weapons.
Saying this I do understand the reluctance to open up some weapons and not others, more room for people to mount the wrong ones.

About there being no RP in the omicrons, I have found it just fine.