Discovery Gaming Community
OSI Recruitment (iRP) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: OSI- (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+----- Thread: OSI Recruitment (iRP) (/showthread.php?tid=43907)

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - fencore - 10-13-2010

> CommID: Gheis Mace
> Origin: Nearby Freeport 9, Omicron Theta System
Musicman, although you seem to be a competent pilot, we have decided that you may not be the best fit for OSI. Your application has been DENIED. We wish you luck in your future endeavors.
> End Transmission

//Your application has been denied due to a lack of sufficient in-character RP. We're looking for you to establish a character with a background, history, and personality that fits within the Discovery Freelancer universe. Please make yourself familiar with the general roleplaying criteria for this community and feel free to reapply later.

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - MUSICMAN - 10-13-2010

Well.... thats a pity.... Cant really see why you are doing this since one can not play a role until he gets a role.... and just wondering around, making fictional money, fighting fictional enemies is not really something I would like to spend my nights with.... Belonging to some cause and flying along humans is a role ... Anyhow, best of luck and maybe I will see you up there.... But shurely not as a part of your "company"...

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - MUSICMAN - 10-14-2010

I must admit though, after reading all this info, it is much more complicated then I thought... All these factions, rules... Maybe you were wright.... there is a lot to learn here... maybe too much for a game....

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - tpex - 10-16-2010

>>>Incoming Transmission

Subject: Recruitment

To Whom it may concern.

I have spent days wondering around the neural net looking for the job thats perfect for me, then I came across OSI, I think I am the man for the job, I have experience in the simulator with All ranges of ships, and first hand experience with the CSV, but thats besides the point, I will learn the ins and outs of any ship in a matter of hours.
in my Past I have Hauled Consumer Goods to Malta (Omicron Alpha) and brought back Cardamine to Planet Manhattan. (New York)
but I am tired of living for myself, (and see the error of my ways in smuggling) A life of a lone Trader is well, Lonely, and I feel OSI is the perfect place for me because Bringing Life to the Outer Reaches is an honorable cause, because free from the Great houses we can prosper and build our own lives free from such corruption.
I would like to apply for The Transport Division since I feel my skill can be best used there.
Eagerly waiting your reply.

Regards

Tpex

Ending Transmission>>>

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - fencore - 10-17-2010

> Origin: Nearby Freeport 9, Omicron Theta System
Mr. Rath, we have received your communication and are advancing you to the next stage of the OSI application process. I'll be contacting you via your personal mailbox with details on continuing your application.
> End Transmission

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - eleyos - 10-23-2010

:::Incoming Transmission:::
::CommID-
Giovanni D'Esposito::
::Target- OSI Recruitment Office::
::Subject-
You need gunz, i haz some!::
::Message::

Buon giorno amici.

I guess ya already know i haz name and it iz Giovanni D'Esposito! I haz read about thiz posto vacante somewhere on the Neural Net while looking for a decent job for a pilot like me. I guess ya need some gunz, no? I prefer light fighters and haz a good one for scout job so I would like to kno if it iz possible to uz one while I'm going through yar probationary period? I don't like zis Switchblade at all! But if ya gonna give me it for free and I could sell ma old one and beloved Arrow for some extra money I'm in! Talking about some scarol... I do like ya payment of 10%. But I need some clarification (nah, what a word). It iz from each ship, no?

Ma friend said it iz good to send some kind of rezume but I haz no idea how to write one. I hope it iz ok. I can say I love agile ships and very fast! That's why I'm uzing myself Arrow. Actually I'm speed-addicted. *Giovanni laughs* Also I have some notorious victories in on-planet racez but illegal ones so no proof. Just believe me, zis job requirez trust from both sides, no?

Ya don't mind pilots with shady background, no? And with some sort of an... addiction?
Ya see, I'm Maltese maself. But no, no "pirating" as it iz called by ya trading kind, I've lost ma roots and made ma living as a merc.

I kno not that much about ya company but I think I kno enough. You supply the Omicrons, no? It iz good for me. You kno about me now too much and it iz more than enough I think.

Tutti i migliori!

:::Transmission ends:::

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - fencore - 10-25-2010

CommID: Gheis Mace
Target: Giovanni D'Esposito
Mr. D'Esposito,

A resume isn't always necessary, we can tell a lot about our applicants given how they speak. You sound knowledgeable enough, so that most likely won't be the problem. As far as your ship setup goes, we'll cover that in more detail if necessary.

For now, the main question is relating to your current state with the Nation of Malta. We pass through Tau-23, Tau-37, Alpha, and Beta on a regular basis, and we need to know that having you around isn't going to cause us issues. It's not often that Maltans depart from their homeworld indefinitely - we don't want the reason for that to come back and bite us. Same goes for the Corsairs in the Omegas and Lower Omicrons. Essentially, we need to know that you're going to be able to do your job, do it well, and do it without causing us any unnecessary trouble.

Furthermore, I must inquire as to your special needs. Given that you're of Maltan descent, we are aware that you have a certain condition that must be kept up with. I need you to assure me that having you in our employ isn't going to be a detriment to our company in this regard as well, especially since your work will keep you away from Malta more often than not.

I await your reply, Mr. D'Esposito.

Gheis Mace
Director of Human Resources
> End Transmission

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - eleyos - 10-25-2010

:::Incoming Transmission:::
::CommID-
Giovanni D'Esposito::
::Target- OSI Recruitment Office::
::Subject-
Re: Re: You need gunz, i haz some!::
::Message::

Buon pomeriggio, il signor Mace. Come stai?

I haz received ya message and zis iz ma answer:

I told him it waz not necessary but that schmuck said my message would not be even read! Hah, hew owes me 1000 credz on zat one! (I think it iz not appropriate to write zat one, no?)

Back to your questionz, signor.
I haz thougt all of it over before writing an application on zis posto vacante. I haz friendz who kno how ship registartionz and identification paperz work! But I told you I had broken with my kin long ago in ze lifestyle. After becoming merc I haz uzed ma friendz skills several timez. As a merc you can find enemiez too quickly, no? So do not worry, signor! If we sign a contract the signing person of me will be like a fresh zoner himself who haz never left any of your Freeports for all of hiz life (Or my life, no?)! A fresh start izn't new to me. It iz okay, no? And if you ask me about my attitude to either my kin or bloody cannibals? I still haz friends on Malta but I don't land there anyway. I don't mind if ya even supply those cannibals with food till it givez enough money and counts in my share.

And about my "special needs"? You mean addiction, no? No, no addiction, signor! I cannot call something a drug or addictive that has allowed me to live to my ninth decade and be as handsome as any of ya in their thirtieth, can you? And I have always enough of cardi with me, do not worry about that! And no, it cannot be scanned by any of best scanners police haz, it iz not even 1\100 of one tonne. And I kno they can't get anything detailed smaller amount than 1\5 of tonne. And do not worry about holding me far from Malta, signor. As I said before I do not land there ofthen anyway.

Buon giorno, signor!

Giovanni D'Esposito
Owner of the Gunz you need, no?

:::Transmission ends:::

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - fencore - 10-29-2010

> Origin: Freeport 14, Yukon
Mr. D'Esposito, I do apologize for the delay, business has been booming and the Board has been quite busy. Nevertheless, we have reviewed your application and are satisfied with your answers. Consider yourself hired into our Defense Division under the supervision of Gideon Ravenor.

I'll be contacting you via your personal inbox regarding specifics, but until then, welcome to OSI.
> End Transmission

OSI Recruitment (iRP) - mayhem82 - 11-25-2010

--Incoming Transmission--
-CommID:Franklin Wells

Just making this clear: don't call me Franklin. I prefer "Frank" or "Wells."

Now, I've been trying to scrape out a living as an independent trader, and let's face it, it's next to impossible without help. Oh, it's no problem if you have connections and such, but Zoners rarely have that privelage.

Also, I owe quite a few people quite a bit of money. But hey, that's what you get when you gamble with smugglers, and Mollys aren't all too keen about strangers who can't pay on their turf. Also, betting with your ship. Really dumb idea. So basically, I'm stuck back at Pennsylvania with a Rhino. Fun times.

My point: I wanna throw in with you guys. You've got a pretty sweet system goin' on here. Pay's fair, get to fly around the Borders, and, honestly, I'd rather be in a big ship surrounded by guys with big guns when someone gets sick of waitin' for their credits.

Signed, Wells
-Transmission Ended-
--Data Connection Lost--