Discovery Gaming Community
[DIC] RP notice - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: [DIC] RP notice (/showthread.php?tid=4570)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

[DIC] RP notice - Drake - 11-19-2007

Hmm, while the idea of a group of differing factions which may or may not war with each other is interesting (anyone familiar with SLA Industries? An interesting setting...), it might take some work to fit into Discovery. For example, where did this empire of vastly differing factions come from? Spontaneously developing out of nowhere isn't an option, nor is any grand history that drastically contradicts the single-player storyline or any of the Discovery backstory.

Fellow Hoodlum Wrote:Don't do megalomaniacs, me.
Awwh, and here my newest character is a megalomaniac. Well, he will be when I get the cash to put him together.

[DIC] RP notice - P*Funk - 11-19-2007

Indeed. Lack of board participation by even the hierarchy within this group makes it hard to see how such a vast group of people can successfully migrate to the server. I mean at the very least you can't even read the sanction threads when you guys crap the bed.

[DIC] RP notice - Unseelie - 11-19-2007

ok....first of all, I'm a great proponent of fair play, so the QCO will not be taking part in any swarm, juan. you have my word.

secondly, the extended, drawn out RP is a must.
and will probably not even fly.
and, did you consult your longstanding members of disco with this idea?
I honestly think you should have asked them how we would react.

here's my nex question.
why hasn't Juno, who has an excellent intelligence network, ever heard of the damoreans?
this is a huge, imperial group, that suddenly apeared?
not in my game.

also, not trying to be mean.
but, your avvie...bad choice.
bad PR
my first thought, when I opened this post: "great, another voider, who wants a faction"
try something more personable.

[DIC] RP notice - Juan_Arquero - 11-19-2007

' Wrote:ok....first of all, I'm a great proponent of fair play, so the QCO will not be taking part in any swarm, juan. you have my word.
That's good to hear!:lol:

I had this image of endless hordes of Bretonians entering Kusari space hunting my Black Dragon characters!:wacko:

[DIC] RP notice - pipboy - 11-19-2007

' Wrote:I had this image of endless hordes of Bretonians entering Kusari space hunting my Black Dragon characters!:wacko:

That is an ugly sight. Would give me nightmares...

[DIC] RP notice - DICrep - 11-19-2007

our members who have been part of the Discovery community said something along the lines of "hey! this mod is sweet, lets get the whole clan on it!" The rest was administrations attempts at getting everyone satisfied... i mean have you ever considered forcing traders to fight, or pirates to obey the law? Not pretty. Also some responses of members of the DIC reading your reponses to the DIC would like to mention that we dont exactly are if the whole server is out to get them in response to the "you're not going to make any friends with this rep" comment.

The Damorean Imperial Covenant has remained a well kept secret for quite a while now, so as to stay hidden from our largest compeditor: Axis inc. who currently have a memberbase of 110 and shrinking. It was assembled overnight a few months ago from the Veterans of the FL:CE community (the halo total conversion for freelancer), and the remenants of an old clan by the tag of CGW.

Edit: as for the bretonian Kusari War -- our BAF Repped Charachters will be sticking to patrols in and around new london, leeds, and dublin, we defend the front line, we dont extend it.

[DIC] RP notice - sinned-40 - 11-19-2007

ahhh Dumb Question .. 60 pepole WHY not make OWN Server
why are you trying gto PUSH your selves into very FULL server...?

[DIC] RP notice - pipboy - 11-19-2007

I'm sorry redELF, I don't think it's necessary to tell them they can't play here. This is a truly great server/mod. It IS going to attract large numbers of players. How would you have felt if someone told you that you weren't welcome when you first came?

[DIC] RP notice - P*Funk - 11-19-2007

I don't think Disco is very full really. There is lots of room for more people in factions... that already exist.

As I've said in another thread, lots of factions here with well integrated RPs are hurting for membership. I think that the best, and most polite way, for this crew to join up would be to help fill in the already accepted factions and then, after a few months of adapting to OUR way revisit creating this amalgam of Halo-ness. Not very FL really but theres still room for that IF YOU MAKE IT FIT. BSG being one.

But just showing up and wanting to learn by getting your feet wet in game probably will make for too much work for the admin as well as frustrate us who are trying to carve our own little slice of Discovery.

EDIT:
Okay off the DIC site... its a veritable orgy of sci-fi over there.
[Image: Invitationbanner1.png]

Yuri?

[DIC] RP notice - Juan_Arquero - 11-19-2007

' Wrote:The Damorean Imperial Covenant has remained a well kept secret for quite a while now, so as to stay hidden from our largest compeditor: Axis inc. who currently have a memberbase of 110 and shrinking.
pipboy: We have to make diplomatic contact with Axis inc. ASAP! If 110 Axis inc. members join the Black Dragons, we'll plant the Kusari flag on Planet New London and Planet Malta in no time at all! Oops... Is this an open channel?:crazy: