Discovery Gaming Community
Armor Upgrades - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Armor Upgrades (/showthread.php?tid=49626)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Armor Upgrades - Govedo13 - 11-10-2010

' Wrote:But why you get the advantage only by long time grinding of money?
It depends from the point of view. If you PvP in the time that you trade for cap8 you will get advantage too.
Money grinding is good sometimes because it adds traffic, traffic is the key to pirate/police circle.
If everything were so cheap 24/7 would look like Disco of Disco...

Armor Upgrades - CzeReptile - 11-10-2010

' Wrote:It depends from the point of view. If you PvP in the time that you trade for cap8 you will get advantage too.
Money grinding is good sometimes because it adds traffic, traffic is the key to pirate/police circle.
If everything were so cheap 24/7 would look like Disco of Disco...

Yeah it adds to silent traders, miners, greedy pirates, not enough police people, everybody buying caps and what it all turns out to be - sanctions. I get your point and I agree with it, but there is certain limit to everything...its fault of people in general tho.

Armor Upgrades - Dashiell - 11-11-2010

I kinda agree with this. The armor bit I mean.

Lately I simply cba any more to get into a dogfight. It just takes ages and ages. after spending 15 minutes getting a fighter to regen for the first time I go 'frak it...' and I lose all interest. it just gets sooooo repetive to fight for 30 minutes to down 1 fighter.

I prefer dogfights fast paced and (relatively) short.

but that means balance and game enjoyment probs.

without armor the fighters get a slap in the face balance wise.

and without armor the less godly of aces among us will die in 20 seconds. and then have to wait 4 hours if they want to use that char again.

Need to try and get somewhere in between too much armor that causes fights to take ages and too little that makes fighters uselessly weak.

Armor Upgrades - dodike - 11-11-2010

' Wrote:Yeah it adds to silent traders, miners, greedy pirates, not enough police people, everybody buying caps and what it all turns out to be - sanctions. I get your point and I agree with it, but there is certain limit to everything...its fault of people in general tho.

What Govedo said. It's necessary.

Also I prefer silent traders, miners over silent capital ship captains.

Btw how did you get money for your battleships? Were you not one of the silent traders, miners cloud?

Armor Upgrades - Valinor - 11-11-2010

' Wrote:I kinda agree with this. The armor bit I mean.

Lately I simply cba any more to get into a dogfight. It just takes ages and ages. after spending 15 minutes getting a fighter to regen for the first time I go 'frak it...' and I lose all interest. it just gets sooooo repetive to fight for 30 minutes to down 1 fighter.

I prefer dogfights fast paced and (relatively) short.

but that means balance and game enjoyment probs.

without armor the fighters get a slap in the face balance wise.

and without armor the less godly of aces among us will die in 20 seconds. and then have to wait 4 hours if they want to use that char again.

Need to try and get somewhere in between too much armor that causes fights to take ages and too little that makes fighters uselessly weak.

What about just reducing the number of nanobots and shield batteries then?

Armor Upgrades - McNeo - 11-11-2010

Longer fights may be boring, but people dont see the flipside.

Longer fights = more time to try out fighting styles, as well as analyse that of your enemy. Long fights are quite noob friendly, and there's less reliance on luck of maybe hitting someone with a weapon, conversely, more reliance on the development of skill to hit with those weapons. There's increased involvement of the brain and tactical decision-making compared with shorter fights, which tend to be a test of raw skill and power.

Sure, long fights can be boring, I've been in that position myself. But, it's not so much the length of the fights that's the problem, its that near-stalemates can be forced with relative ease between two pilots of similar skill. The solution for this is to decrease shield power, in my opinion. This will decrease the time of the fight slightly, but also allow stalemates, which are essentially facilitated by opponents not being able to get through each others shields, to be made more scarce. Of course, there will always be pilots who can fly without getting hit at all, but then, they probably deserve not to be hit if they're flying that well compared to their opponent.

Long fights are also boring for those that are for whatever reason not fully committed to learning the intricacies, of which there are many, of PvP. I know for sure that I couldn't have learned how to fight from crappy 10 second fights on RAW.

EDIT: Rambling a bit, 3 in the morning. If some of you care enough to question my meaning, I'll be happy to explain again when my eyes are open.

Armor Upgrades - Ntei - 11-11-2010

i don't think changes need to be made, the fights last long couse of the noobs that when their shield is down they just doge. So i beleave a rule of some cind can fix this problem rather than changies and rebalancing whicth looks troublesome

Armor Upgrades - Lobster - 11-11-2010

things are alright as they are.

About everyone having a UAU 8 though? that is a problem.. we need something to work for.
Quote:I got an Idea.

Make a UAU 9 and a CAP 9

Make the UAU 9 cost 1 bill

Make the CAP 9 cost 2 bill

UAU 9 gives x2.6-x3.0 armor upgrade (I'm not sure how much so lets just say within that range)

CAP 9 gives 4.2 armor bonus.

To recive a CAP 9 you must make a request to the admins for one...

Now.. this is not a SRP, this is not something that will be reviewed..

you just asked for one and they will give you one after deducting 1 bill for two of your accounts. (this solves the corruption problem)

To solve the problem of it corrupting chars in-game.. the sell value /buy value of this item will be set to 1 credit.

I can see a few benefits of this:
If you have one awesome char, be it fighter or cap.. they could be UBERLEVELED and be awesome..

it gives fighterwhores something to trade for.

it gives ubermegacapwhores something to trade for.

It will help the economy by providing incentives to trade

It would be net to have one uberchar amongst all your chars (cause there is no way someone would be crazy enough to buy two CAP 9s.

Fun.

WHEEEEW

/whatever

Armor Upgrades - The.Outlaw.Star - 11-11-2010

Make Battleships have like 3x as many bot/bats as they do now and strong armor upgrades!

Its a Battleship Right so Like 2 bombers shouldn't be able to take em down, this is not Luke and the Death star stuff. :D

Armor Upgrades - Ice-H - 11-11-2010

' Wrote:Make Battleships have like 3x as many bot/bats as they do now and strong armor upgrades!

Its a Battleship Right so Like 2 bombers shouldn't be able to take em down, this is not Luke and the Death star stuff. :D
It could still be downed by two bombers, it would only take longer.