Discovery Gaming Community
Riders & Bicycles. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Riders & Bicycles. (/showthread.php?tid=49730)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Riders & Bicycles. - n00bl3t - 11-13-2010

' Wrote:Nah, larger suspension does evil things on bicross tracks or larger jumps in general and it's quite exciting already as it is, heh. I prefer jumps to drops. I'm using it also for cross-country riding and whatnot. Not the best choice but at least I can pick whatever I want, except hardcore DH.

Yeah, I've been riding for a few years as well, but I lost interest in keeping track of new components as soon as I realized that what I have is perfectly fine and when I started to do other things. Then again, after the failed nofoot can which made a crack in my integral . . . well I'm way more cosy.

Fair enough.

Personally, I find the older components to last longer.

If that is what I think it is, I recommend health insurance.:mellow:

' Wrote:Urban tyres!? Are you mad?! I have off road tyres on it at the moment, no idea what they're called, but I love the trails, would prefer to be able to cycle those than fast on the road. Good advice on the steel stuff, thanks:)

-Seth

Talking on Skype.:P

' Wrote:Hercules
It is nice oldtimer, mine is with marathon plus tires from Schwalbe 3 speeds in the rear hub and it is really nice bike, around 12 kilos is the downside but it is 30 years old and works perfect.

I think it is still lighter than some of mine. Q_Q.

But yes, looks alright.

' Wrote:My bike got stoled Q_Q

so now i just use the rentabike things they have around london. if your quick you can cycle from rack to rack, dock it within half hour, and then carry on, getting a free ride.

they're damn heavy though

Kryptonite locks and a U-lock.

What did you have on it?

Riders & Bicycles. - Varyag - 11-14-2010

Bah, I hate bikers here. I almost flattened a pack of them riding in the middile of the road in my Deuce and a half. 14600lbs truck does not stop on a dime. I would have been pissed if wiping out a bike heard would have brought my insurance premiums up.

Riders & Bicycles. - NOVA-5 - 11-14-2010

Well, i will be riding my Viking Super Roadster with the drop handlebars
and the dual-thread wheel-rims, and with my Wiley-Prat 20-1 synchro-mesh
i should experience difficulties on the sort of road surfaces you just don't get abroad!..Mitzie.

Riders & Bicycles. - Exile - 11-14-2010

Been cycling 30km per work day for 5 years now. Same bike too. Which is no problem in Dutchland, seeing as that where there's a car road, there's a cyclist lane.

Riders & Bicycles. - Waratah - 11-14-2010

I ride a CRF450R awesome fun.

Riders & Bicycles. - n00bl3t - 11-15-2010

' Wrote:Bah, I hate bikers here. I almost flattened a pack of them riding in the middile of the road in my Deuce and a half. 14600lbs truck does not stop on a dime. I would have been pissed if wiping out a bike heard would have brought my insurance premiums up.

I know how you feel. Road cyclists annoy me. But I am more XC and AM, so, no worries. Unless you are going offroad. In which case, I must summarise my emotions; Q_Q.

' Wrote:Well, i will be riding my Viking Super Roadster with the drop handlebars
and the dual-thread wheel-rims, and with my Wiley-Prat 20-1 synchro-mesh
i should experience difficulties on the sort of road surfaces you just don't get abroad!..Mitzie.

?

' Wrote:Been cycling 30km per work day for 5 years now. Same bike too. Which is no problem in Dutchland, seeing as that where there's a car road, there's a cyclist lane.

A commuter I see. Healthy for you and everyone else.:)

Also, good plan. Australia needs to develop this. Q_Q.

' Wrote:I ride a CRF450R awesome fun.

Mate, bicycles. Bicycles.:P

Riders & Bicycles. - Snoozzzer - 11-15-2010

' Wrote:I ride a CRF450R awesome fun.

Neh. Neh! Not a real bike.

Kinda envious of the commuters out there. Upstate new york isn't exactly friendly in that regard. (Though we have a purdy sweet rail trail system. 30 miles of good tarmac, with pleasant views and shade. Makes for some fun afternoons)

Riders & Bicycles. - TheJarl - 11-15-2010

' Wrote:Been cycling 30km per work day for 5 years now. Same bike too. Which is no problem in Dutchland, seeing as that where there's a car road, there's a cyclist lane.

Yup us haz bicycles... MANY bicycles

Which reminds me I forgot to put the bicycle chain back on, and while that sounds simple, trust me it isn't with my annoying gear case Q_Q

Riders & Bicycles. - Exile - 11-15-2010

' Wrote:Yup us haz bicycles... MANY bicycles

Which reminds me I forgot to put the bicycle chain back on, and while that sounds simple, trust me it isn't with my annoying gear case Q_Q
Why not? It works. And in cases like my own, no more need for the gym after you cycled for 2 hours through city, countryside and bridge-land (bridges every 5min or so -.- ).

Also, what's a commuter? New word.

Riders & Bicycles. - POZ - 11-15-2010

Now I use my mountain bike for transportation although I got a car too, but I used to go riding in a neglected part of a forest where you had wonderful steap muddy slopes and fallen trees over trails. The bikes I had were usually cheap-ass but still good deals because they were light and with shimano parts.