Discovery Gaming Community
random idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: random idea (/showthread.php?tid=50403)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

random idea - Coin - 11-25-2010

' Wrote:Mine platforms are pretty stupid (not the idea, just how the AI would handle it). Homing mines home in on the nearest object. And mines don't drift away from objects that don't move. The mines would impact on the platforms that launch them shortly after they activate.
that would be lulzy to see

what about the EMP platforms?

random idea - ryoken - 11-25-2010

I am all for it in Guard systems,but not in Home systems. If they are sitting outside a home planet? screen and report for OORP,and admins will deal with them,and have in the past. This will also do crap all to smugglers as they are mostly neutral/green to almost everyone,including those they should be hostile to.

random idea - Snoozzzer - 11-25-2010

' Wrote:I am all for it in Guard systems,but not in Home systems. If they are sitting outside a home planet? screen and report for OORP,and admins will deal with them,and have in the past. This will also do crap all to smugglers as they are mostly neutral/green to almost everyone,including those they should be hostile to.

Guard systems, hell yeah. Home planets....if two get them, then every other planet will need them, which will spill out onto lanes, gates and stations. Sounds like a fair bit of work for the already overloaded dev team

Have you any examples of sanctions / warnings being given out for camping hostile bases and planets?

random idea - SeaFalcon - 11-25-2010

Well...

Bases should get them at least.
Guard defiantly do, as they also need caps watching the holes.

Would like to see a Mako guarding the BHG guard entrance/exit.
just throw some CD's on it and people will think twice before entering a guard.

And yeah CD's on platforms at some points would be good.
Although having them spammed everywhere in Sirius will cause more people to run to a base and run around it till the base kill the enemies shield/hull.

So I would think just adding CD's to guard systems would be cool.

random idea - Vexykin - 11-25-2010

Place those near Guard system Holes and near bases and there will be no more Raids to the Guard systems

20 minutes cruise disruption will be enough to keep people away from there;)

random idea - Korny - 11-25-2010

Nah, NPC's disrupting my engines are already annoying enough, maybe in Guard-Systems, yeah...

random idea - Gaz83 - 11-25-2010

' Wrote:I'd not mind having a few heavy missile platforms with cruise disruptor backups at some guard system entrances... would definately keep the riffraff out.

No it would not.

random idea - Skorak - 11-25-2010

' Wrote:You know that nom-nom turret thingy in the Iota system, near the JH. That's what we should want for system guarding turrets. Big, hard to crack and spamming powerful CDs. It's kinda wierd how 1000 capships can get near the planet and yell "WE ARE INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!". And such overpowered turrets will fix that;)So just get some of the data about that nasty bugger in Iota, devide it a few times into smaller platforms and make profit, if possible.

Well maybe you know the Gallic weapon platforms, not the civilian ones... whenever we pass the with our fleet with includes a Battleships we try to shoot them out fast or avoid them generally. Those stupid platforms are able to shoot my BS shield down in a very short time... and Gallia isnt a guard system but those plattforms are all around.

Cereon out

random idea - Seth Karlo - 11-25-2010

It's easy enough to put CD's onto weapons platforms. The Nomad guard system already has them I believe...

As to 20 minute cool downs? Just no. Not only is it impossible without hex editing, it's a crazy idea. Imagine how annoying that would be.

I've been thinking about protecting guard systems and I have a few ideas, but nothing's been testing yet:(

random idea - AeternusDoleo - 11-25-2010

Guard system cover can be done fairly simple:
4 to 6 turrets (high hitpoints) with 1 mortar, 1 BS missile, and 1 TCD turret each, all omnidirectional. At every jumphole leading into the system. BS missiles might be easy to thrust away from, but are much harder to avoid when you are heading towards the launchers, especially if you can't use cruise. For fighters: 2 hits and it's over. Transports, gunboats and cruisers would get eaten by said missiles in a heartbeat. Battleships would get chewed by the mortars. The only thing that could survive this would be very agile fighters (light fighters, maybe some HFs), which would not pose much of a military threat to a guard system. Thus: Problem solved?