Discovery Gaming Community
Multiple Acts of Piracy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Multiple Acts of Piracy (/showthread.php?tid=51126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Varyag - 12-15-2010

I have done it several times. Pirate a trader. Traders pays then begins to leave. He makes a snide comment about outcast trash.... Ohh look he suddenly owes me some more cash for his "remark."

It is all in RP anyway. Very few pirates outside of Dublin make money. At least I don't much.

I have also done the ratting a trader every time he goes by.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - 'Ends' - 12-15-2010

Pirating over and over immediately will result in you getting banned for disrupting server gameplay.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Daedric - 12-15-2010

Some of you pirates should read Cannon's post.

If he pays you, it doesn't matter if he insults you. You let him go. Stalk him into another system and grab him again.

If he pays, then insults you, then you demand more. He can sanction you, and it will cost more than you pirated him for.

That said, if a trader is dumb enough to run into you over and over, his bank account deserves to be emptied out.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - dodike - 12-15-2010

This can be easily solved inRP using game mechanics.

How about traders keeping their insults and reports of pirate's location for the time when they are out of range?

It really takes a really dumb person to do it wrong I don't see a reason why it should be protected.

Unreasonable demands are already covered under PvP abuse (1.2). For that case I would rather pay 1 million twice than 5 million once.
Potential abusers can be dealt with on case by case basis. I believe this ruling is unnecessary and provide loopholes for traders to screw with pirates.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Dab - 12-15-2010

' Wrote:One act per engagement. He flies off then blank slate
This.

If he just paid you and hasn't started leaving yet, that doesn't mean you can then pirate him again. If you pirated him, then he leaves, and then you catch him again, then you can pirate him again.

You pirate him, he pays, you immediately pirate him again = PvP abuse.

You pirate him, he gets back into the trade lane, sells goods at station, comes back down tradelane, you catch him again and pirate him = Perfectly okay.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Ceoran - 12-15-2010

' Wrote:Good to know.
Hehehehehehehe.
smartness of the trader....you mean like not calling a corsair mean nasty names after he just pirates you?
That will only make him do it again.
EDIT: i can see it now.
Corsair: Hold it right there! Two millon or your life!
Trader: fin i pays.
(trader pays)
Corsair: have a nice day now.
Trader: Go to hell you filthy cannibal.
Corsair: Hold it right there! Two million or your life (trader name)
Trader: Whaty? i just payed you!
Corsair: No you didnt.
Trader: Yes i did.
Corsair: Nonsense.
Trader: Yes i did!
Corsair: I'm sorry, but im not allowed to argue anymore.
Trader: But i paid you!
Corsair: *whistles*
Trader: i wont pay again!
Corsair: (pewpew)
Stupid.Trader was killed by Corsair.You.Cant.Screw.With(Awesomness)
hehehe

I'm pretty sure that's PvP-abuse.

edit: oh, hey, more than one page... maybe I should just go back to bed ... ._.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Fins - 12-15-2010

' Wrote:i think its once per scanner contact?

more like a 0.0 rule though.

I am sure it is "once per scanner contact". And when we say "it", we actually say "cash and/or cargo demand":

- one cash and/or cargo demand per one scanner contact -

I have no idea if this is in any rules or not. I am sure that this is what rule 0.0 would mean for pirates, though. But most importantly, if pirate doesn't follow this, then sooner or later it'll be troubles for the pirate: bounties and reports on him, upset people around him, reduced traders' activities in his areas, ambushes, and so on. That's why i am so sure that bold line is true -- because it's in interests of both sides to follow it. So if i'd be pirate, i'd always follow that bold line above. And when i was mining, every pirate who pirated me did follow it, as well: noone ever made two demands per one scanner contact to me. So it feels like it's "unsaid rule", really.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Syrus - 12-17-2010

*places a pirate bomber in the dublin mining fields next to the BMM miners and asks for "a little payment" every 5 minutes*

Ehem...

I think doing that or pirating twice while the trader hasn't left after being pirated is against the rules. At least if the trader doesn't keep sitting there for like 10 minutes.
If he keeps sitting there and insults you after being pirated, well, I think then it's totally fine to make him suffer some more.

EDIT:
A pirate who keeps forgetting everything he has done every five minutes...Would be some interesting RP... hrhr...
Well, maybe not.

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Petitioner - 05-09-2012

' Wrote:You know... good point. Situation:
- Pirate makes a demand of a trader.
- Trader doesn't want to get killed and complies
May pirate immediately make another demand? This would be a loophole, allowing people who are trigger happy and want blue messages to continue to make demands until a no is heared, and then pew. Even though they were payed.
I don't see the problem with this. Pirates are, inRP, bastards. Oh, roleplay is "unfair?" I offer this scenario.

Quote:Barghest: Cut your engines and drop your shields with the "/shields" command!

Stork: Okay, miss. Please don't kill me!
Player Stork halts and drops shields.
Barghest: *begins typing out* Now, I want to know everything about the Liberty Navy patrol in the system you just came fro-
Player Stork activated cruise! It's not very effective.
Player Barghest activated TCD! It's super effective!
Barghest: Ok, just for that stunt, I want you to pay me two mil!

Stork: Nah, I'm good!
Player Barghest then proceeds to destroy player Stork.
Barghest: Hah, don't mess with Barghest, 817 A.S. Barghest-Flying Champion!

[Image: twelve%20seconds%20later.jpg]

Admin Notice: Player Sanctioned, Barghest
Rule It-Doesn't-Actually-Exist-Except-For-One-Post-In-An-Obscure-Thead: PvP abuse. Don't pirate the same player twice.
DiscoBarghest_RU: I only pirated him once! I've been playing on this server for a week, how am I supposed to pirate enough people to pay back the loan I bought this Barghest with now? I only saw the word "piracy" in the rules twice, and neither time it said anything about this!
Admin: You made multiple demands. RULES, DO YOU KNOW THEM? Also, pay back your loan or we'll sanction you for loan scamming, too. Welcome to Disco.

Admin locks the thread.

Yeah, that sounds good. R<strike>u</strike>oleplay first, right?:)

Multiple Acts of Piracy - Shush Muppet - 05-09-2012

Impressive necromancy, my friend. Very impressive.