Discovery Gaming Community
Fighter Torpedoes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Fighter Torpedoes (/showthread.php?tid=52683)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Fighter Torpedoes - VoluptaBox - 01-07-2011

Quote:I'm allergic to limited ammo.

That, and I love the MR, just awsum. But, it could be a good alternative, gives variety. We want it.

Fighter Torpedoes - J.Miller - 02-13-2011

Considering that component damage does not exist in 4.85, the torpedos are no longer insta kill weapons, whereas the mini razor is not effected by component damage. Therefor Mjolnir's argument is rendered invalid. We also need to consider that Torpedos, when fired, also pose a danger to yourself, as they are so slow that you will have to fire them (In a joust) while directly next to your opponent. Then the splash damage will kick in. Due to the torpedos horrible speed/turning you arent able to fire them long range effectively. I would suggest that we keep the motor delay on the sunslayer, but buff the damage, so that this becomes an only anti cap torpedo. And as for the starkiller, since we no longer have component multipliers/damage and it is no longer an insta kill weapon I suggest giving it -AT LEAST- as much damage as the mini razor. Or we could leave the damage, but make the starkiller more agile and faster.

Im out.

Fighter Torpedoes - Irra - 02-13-2011

This is reasonable.. with mini razor you can't harm your self, you take out shields effectively while torpedoes lack damage, precision and overall razor goodness.

Buffing torpedoes in next version sounds like logical goal.

When it comes to area of buffing I am more keen for speed, turning buffs than damage.

Fighter Torpedoes - Toaster - 02-13-2011

' Wrote:Buffing torpedoes in next version sounds like logical goal.

When it comes to area of buffing I am more keen for speed, turning buffs than damage.

This

Fighter Torpedoes - dodike - 02-13-2011

' Wrote:This is reasonable.. with mini razor you can't harm your self, you take out shields effectively while torpedoes lack damage, precision and overall razor goodness.

Buffing torpedoes in next version sounds like logical goal.

It will be still lag-sensitive. I would rather have higher damage than 2% increase in chances to hit.

Fighter Torpedoes - mjolnir - 02-13-2011

' Wrote:Considering that component damage does not exist in 4.85, the torpedos are no longer insta kill weapons, whereas the mini razor is not effected by component damage. Therefor Mjolnir's argument is rendered invalid. We also need to consider that Torpedos, when fired, also pose a danger to yourself, as they are so slow that you will have to fire them (In a joust) while directly next to your opponent. Then the splash damage will kick in.

:rtfm:

I was just explaining why torps were so "great" pre-4.85 and are much less used now, as Bloodl1ke was just told that they were good and didn't say why. Please don't take things out of context.

The second part actually explains why starkiller does not an will not have as much damage as Mini razor, so that LFs that can use it (3 in 4.86) don't risk killing themselves everytime they fire it, same is true for some HFs.

Fighter Torpedoes - jakub963 - 02-13-2011

Actualy... our old torpedos for LFs? I used them for some time on HFs but i never hit myself with own torpedo... Weird...

Fighter Torpedoes - MarvinCZ - 02-13-2011

' Wrote:Actualy... our old torpedos for LFs? I used them for some time on HFs but i never hit myself with own torpedo... Weird...
You probably didn't encounter somebody with a CD who knew how to use it.

Fighter Torpedoes - SeaFalcon - 02-13-2011

' Wrote:The second part actually explains why starkiller does not an will not have as much damage as Mini razor, so that LFs that can use it (3 in 4.86) don't risk killing themselves everytime they fire it, same is true for some HFs.

Its your own combat risk if using torps when you die from shooting yourself right...
So the fact that LF's, HF's die from shooting them at their enemy themselves is rather funny,
Since LF's can also mount nuke mines which also kills them when not used right.

In my opinion they should be buffed.
Not to anti cap style since it are fighters who shouldn't be anti cap style.
But make them worthwhile.
Perhaps weak in the wrong hands.
But strong in a skilled pilots hands.
As it is what the razor does at this moment.

Fighter Torpedoes - Irra - 02-13-2011

' Wrote:It will be still lag-sensitive. I would rather have higher damage than 2% increase in chances to hit.
I think if it's fast enough lag won't effect it, not sure though.

Anyway,
SeaFalcon has a point here, nukes and rippers I believe can take out all LF's and maybe HF with one hit and they can mount it so.. that shouldn't be reason not to buff.

I think there is more to it than just this (conspiracy! :crazy:).