Discovery Gaming Community
The future of mining? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The future of mining? (/showthread.php?tid=55945)

The future of mining? - Anonymous User - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:Why is 'Turn it back on but buff trading instead' not in the options?

If we want to nerf and nerf and nerf and nerf, I'm afraid we might reach a point at which one would need to grind for a whole week just to buy and equip a single fighter...

THAT would be NICE!

so to balance it make sure you need ~2-3 moths to have a cap8 BS...

but just my opinion SERIOUSLY!

The future of mining? - dodike - 03-02-2011

@Dart: A perfect opportunity to push faction power-grabbing, yay

@aerelm: How long should it take to make enough to equip a fighter? I don't want an RP environment filled with combat vessels only.

The future of mining? - Pinko - 03-02-2011

By enabling Gas Mining the Sigmas, you'd effectively triangle the entirety of Sirius with the mining mod and, as a consequence, make every houses more lively.

See it like this:

The Omegas and the Taus actually are the only viable mining spots (Even then, Dresden and Dublin are exceptions to the rule) actually in Disco. If you'd include the Sigmas, you'd include a third spot, which implies that 33% of the players will move there. By consequence, people will migrate there. By migrating there, people will have more chance to make encounters when they travel around Srius, because right now, everyone is stuck in the Bottom Left of the Sirian map.

A can go to B, B can go to C, and C can go to A, instead of having the actual formula.

The future of mining? - Lobster - 03-02-2011

I would indeed love to see mining in the sigmas. It would bring life to the dead place, visited only by traders on their way to Kusari to sell ore.

The future of mining? - SeaFalcon - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:Why is 'Turn it back on but buff trading instead' not in the options?

I wanted the same :sleep:

The future of mining? - trekky - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:I would indeed love to see mining in the sigmas. It would bring life to the dead place, visited only by traders on their way to Kusari to sell ore.
i agree

The future of mining? - Penpen - 03-02-2011

The problem is not the price of the ore, I guess the problem is the amount of time it takes to mine the ore.
Also, mining doesn't attract "problems" because it's mining. It attracts those people because it's the most lucrative thing to do, in view of credits. If that was cancelled now, those people would sooner or later figure out the best trading route and run it on and on and on.

I think the problem is that we have a lack of people who care.
I'd rather support the idea of some sort of Server Police.
Players that have no [Admin] Tag, to enforce the rules anytime. Maybe just flying around anonymously, trying to figure out how everyone does.
Again. Shutting down mining would kill some nice RP out there. If you have a miner who knows how to RP that meets a pirate who knows how to RP, funny things can happen, I tell you that.

So, like I say. More controls of the players on our little server and less conversations about the mining mod. It leads into nothing but ruining the fun of those who like to RP a miner, and the official mining factions.

A good night, everyone.

The future of mining? - J.Bates - 03-02-2011

This should be more of a phased system instead of just flicking the switch to mining off. Buff trading should be done and also how about increasing mining to other places.
I don't see gas mining as a possible alternative in near future though..

The future of mining? - Dart - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:@Dart: A perfect opportunity to push faction power-grabbing, yay
Factions should be the source of light in Disco. Bad factions should be flogged, while, good factions should be praised. Faction competition should exist as well.

The future of mining? - Pinko - 03-02-2011

' Wrote:This should be more of a phased system instead of just flicking the switch to mining off. Buff trading should be done and also how about increasing mining to other places.
I don't see gas mining as a possible alternative in near future though..

It's still the only true alternative and the only viable future for mining.