Discovery Gaming Community
You're nicked mate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: You're nicked mate (/showthread.php?tid=57218)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

You're nicked mate - sadtranslation - 03-24-2011

It's smuggler's work to bribe me. As a Policeman I care about this routine patrol being finished and daily report being filled, so I can go home and hug a wife if I got one. Smuggler cares about his cargo being delivered and the money reaching his bank account.

You see the difference, right?

You're nicked mate - DarthBindo - 03-24-2011

' Wrote:. And, eh, for all the time flying for a Police I never saw a Smuggler that will try to roleplay his way out.
You ever seen a cop satisfied with anything short of destruction and that blue message?
' Wrote:Smuggler should avoid the lawfuls, bribe them, lie to them, not ask for being shot.
Bribing doesnt work. I've offered lots of money and nothing.
' Wrote:Uh, just let me know, what the Police should do with criminals?
No, they should fine them, and then mark them as "person of interest".
Today i came a cross a BAF ensign interrogating a smuggler. The man had been smart and dropped and shot his cargo before the BAF found him, but the smuggler ID was enough for the BAF to threaten to destroy him.
If it hadn't been for the intervention of a [Convoy] and the smuggler hiring an IC| (me) to be his lawyer it most likely would have ended in pewpew blue message, despite the whole no evidence thing.

You're nicked mate - Stuart.croll - 03-24-2011

' Wrote:You ever seen a cop satisfied with anything short of destruction and that blue message?

Bribing doesnt work. I've offered lots of money and nothing.

Today i came a cross a BAF ensign interrogating a smuggler. The man had been smart and dropped and shot his cargo before the BAF found him, but the smuggler ID was enough for the BAF to threaten to destroy him.
If it hadn't been for the intervention of a [Convoy] and the smuggler hiring an IC| (me) to be his lawyer it most likely would have ended in pewpew blue message, despite the whole no evidence thing.
ACAB :lol:

I saw cops being frustrated because people only run from them even with legal cargo. Uh, running from a cop is illegal in Rheinland :3

Also, all the incidents of that kind should go to respective factions' feeback, but not in "bastards, you shot me" tone, but in a form of question - is it a standart practice or one could get more from encounter with the law-enfocring authorities.

Most of smugglers aren't different from the majority of Dublin miners when it comes to communicating, hence the pattern the cops stick to.

In other words, care for my enjoyment as well. I hate shooting smugglers. It's boring.

' Wrote:I saw cops being frustrated because people only run from them even with legal cargo. Uh, running from a cop is illegal in Rheinland :3

Also, all the incidents of that kind should go to respective factions' feeback, but not in "bastards, you shot me" tone, but in a form of question - is it a standart practice or one could get more from encounter with the law-enfocring authorities.

Most of smugglers aren't different from majority of Dublin miners when it comes to communicating, hence the pattern.
I've just got into the smuggling thing. To be honest I'm looking for RP and confrontation. God knows there's not much money in it.
I've got bored with mining and am looking for something of interest.
I almost got caught in Colorado the other day when I was pursued by some police type screaming cardamine when I was actually hauling bloods.

I still think the FR5 thing is a bit severe when you are still only acting out.

You got FR5ed in Rheinland, right? Try contacting an RFP| tagged pilot and suggesting him a deal - fixing your record for some kind of services. Use the Communication Channel for the same purposes. You can't imagine how the other side is bored of the usual "Halt - I said, halt! - Weapons free!" sequence or guys running to lawful base with a load of illegal cargo after being ordered to stop.

Yes, there will always be players who care about bluemessage, but bluemessage on transport when you are in something bigger than HF and not facing a Slave Liner or something else that offers a competition, isn't hard to get and isn't that enjoyable.

I think I should make a smuggler and have some healthy fun around.

I haven't been FR5'd by anyone!

I'm too slick you know.

I'm just looking at concepts.

I have not yet begun to whine. :lol:

Then go and get FR5ed first, n00b. :3

You're nicked mate - Daedric - 03-24-2011

No. Bastille doesn't exit in role play. It is also used to jail people who have broken server rules, not role play laws.

An FR5 is how the police/military factions can prevent you from smuggling in their territory, so long as they have proof and have interacted with you (that is debatable though, as some have done it with no interaction).

Taking a persons ship for role playing is utterly stupid. Punish someone for doing what they are suppose to be doing? No thanks.

You're nicked mate - ryoken - 03-24-2011

Anyone can smuggle anything in,and out of any system with getting caught. That is not an issue,but that IS very boring. Never use TL's,and always use JH's. Stay above/below planes. But how is that fun? As stated money for contraband is same as legal cargo. So why avoid everyone,and not use TL's/JG's,and take 5 times longer to make same money,with no RP at all?
Now so far only the [LN] have been cool. They roleplay,and do not run to FR5. I got a Character(no i am not giving his name) that [LN] has put on most wanted list.
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=57219&st=0
Big fine pending on capture. I have lots of fun with the few that actually ever check that list.
Go through Rheinland/bretonia once,and get caught? Instant FR5. And chances are they will not even tell you,or talk to you. Just report you,even though rules say talk first,this is last resort. Lately it is first resort.