Discovery Gaming Community
White Cells and Faction Permissions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: White Cells and Faction Permissions (/showthread.php?tid=61470)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

White Cells and Faction Permissions - mwerte - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:That's abuse by a select number of players, regardless. Two wrongs do not make a right, and a few ooRP players should not destroy an admin issued arrangement.
So it's ooRP to go "hmmm, I handed out my weapons to a group who seemed trustworthy, but now they're shooting me, maybe I won't be so trusting in the future." ??

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Hexx - 06-14-2011

Well then as I've said, the system is broken and needs to be fixed.

Skype deals are prime examples of factions abusing their power, and complete white cell lockdowns are abuse all the same.

Clear cut RP reasoning needs to be behind white cell tech use. Factions should not be a part of the equation, as it leads to bias, abuse, and this.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Daedric - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:Yeah, it does.

By why bar people from trying crazy requests?

No it doesn't.

Because they are crazy and make no sense.

' Wrote:My Example, since I know the Order best:
KNF pilot wants to defect, and dissappears during his patrol. Why shouldnt he be allowed to ask both sides to use it?

It gets tiring, seeing the millionth Nephthys or Bastet. Some variety, and would add some more color. It opens RP and you can also help people.

"I want to have an Order Odin!"
"Talk to Blodo and Sly-beatle, lay out your RP, Why you want an Odin, why does it enrich roleplsy, etc"

Example. Leave it to the Faction leads.

Diversity and variety are great. However, without restrictions and limitations everyone would fly ships who are unique and odd. You'll notice this is 100% correct as SRP's were spammed to the point the admins said, "Enough!" and closed them.

' Wrote:So it's ooRP to go "hmmm, I handed out my weapons to a group who seemed trustworthy, but now they're shooting me, maybe I won't be so trusting in the future." ??
No, that it's an error on the part of those players, and an error on the part of the admin ruling that any allowed technology is forever allowed after given.

If someone is allied to the Corsairs, requests tech, gets it, then proceeds to pewpew Corsairs, that's extremely ooRP. And if given RP reasoning, it's abuse of the system. It should be punished accordingly.

Yet another example of how incredibly broken this system is.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Veygaar - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:No, that it's an error on the part of those players, and an error on the part of the admin ruling that any allowed technology is forever allowed after given.

If someone is allied to the Corsairs, requests tech, gets it, then proceeds to pewpew Corsairs, that's extremely ooRP.

Being a traitor is oorp? What?

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Jeremy Hunter - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:No it doesn't.

Because they are crazy and make no sense.

Then go lolno.

Why stop other roleplay? If they make no sense, then white cell all but the obvious, like Nomad tech, Corsair/Outcast to the opposite, and SCRA.

But whitecell all the non-special IDs.

White Cells and Faction Permissions - Cawdor - 06-14-2011

' Wrote:As I say with every red cell.

Bullcrap.

[Image: HeresyStamp.png]

Beshrew thee! Regular Joe shall not fall to the barkers of freak-hood!

' Wrote:No, that it's an error on the part of those players, and an error on the part of the admin ruling that any allowed technology is forever allowed after given.

If someone is allied to the Corsairs, requests tech, gets it, then proceeds to pewpew Corsairs, that's extremely ooRP.

No it isn't. They are mercenaries, they follow the pay check. In this case the pay check from the Corsairs stopped coming so the mercs found a new pay check. Just happens that the pay check is written when the merc kills a Corsair.

It is called role play.

As for the reason tech permissions are permanent? That is because of faction leaders abusing their power. Some of them would remove a permission over ooRP personal matters.

It isn't abuse to not hand out tech. Handing out technology isn't a requirement.

If you think a faction leader is abusing his power in regards to tech requests. PM an admin. That is the process as lined out in the Technology Guidelines.

' Wrote:Being a traitor is oorp? What?
No, I added to my post.

Such RP can seriously abuse a lenient system. Abuse is not a good thing to so easily allow with the system that stands currently. Some sort of serious instance like that should have had admins involved.

And if that isn't the case? Well giving factions the power to allow tech didn't work out too well, did it?

' Wrote:Then go lolno.

Why stop other roleplay? If they make no sense, then white cell all but the obvious, like Nomad tech, Corsair/Outcast to the opposite, and SCRA.

But whitecell all the non-special IDs.

Diversity and variety are great. However, without restrictions and limitations everyone would fly ships who are unique and odd. You'll notice this is 100% correct as SRP's were spammed to the point the admins said, "Enough!" and closed them.

While your method removes the SRP factor, everyone and their mom would have these unique and diverse set ups.