Discovery Gaming Community
Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship (/showthread.php?tid=63378)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship - Ingenious - 07-18-2011

' Wrote:Don't think that will happen. As far as I know, it never has before. Just a warning is given and you must get rid of the ship, no questions or complaints allowed. Still, if you want caps, join the Outcasts or Corsairs, then you can pew pew all day long. You could join the navies but then you have more restrictions placed on you. I think they should place a simple restriction of one cap per person throughout all your accounts. At least you get to RP a BS captain but at the sametime you cannot spam them over your accounts.

See, this is why I don't fly caps.

Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship - SA_Scavenger - 07-18-2011

' Wrote:I like the one cap per account thing. Or the one where you have to show a little RP history to buy a cap (more work for admins).

Or full refund. D:<

Or perhaps get an admin that solely deals with SRPs. Or maybe two, but restricting them so that only those who know someone who knows someone is a poor way to deal with lolcaps.

Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship - Taneru - 07-18-2011

I'm certainly not going to force people to sell the things in 4.86 if the [HF] does end up controlling them.

Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship - Daedric - 07-18-2011

' Wrote:Admins: If you're going to take people's spyglasses away, give people full refunds for them.

(And no, I don't own one.)

Players were warned about that this could happen by Cannon when he made the Spyglass open use.

' Wrote:If the spyglass is transfering to the HF in 4.86 (which is what I understand) then assume that players using them and LH Guard IDs will need to get rid of them when 4.86 is out. There will be a grace period to do this.

In the mean time, maybe we can have a little fun and extend our RP without a SRP?

Quote is from this thread. If they went ahead and purchases the ship, then that was their choice. If you read the thread, a few people mention that there might be a replacement ship for the LH Guard IDs to use, just as one individual hinted at in this thread too.

' Wrote:Players were warned about that this could happen by Cannon when he made the Spyglass open use.
Not everyone plays forumlancer.

' Wrote:If you read the thread, a few people mention that there might be a replacement ship for the LH Guard IDs to use, just as one individual hinted at in this thread too.

Replacement or full refund, nothing less. (And no, I don't own one.)

Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship - SA_Scavenger - 07-18-2011

' Wrote:Players were warned about that this could happen by Cannon when he made the Spyglass open use.
Quote is from this thread. If they went ahead and purchases the ship, then that was their choice. If you read the thread, a few people mention that there might be a replacement ship for the LH Guard IDs to use, just as one individual hinted at in this thread too.

Well, can't fault you there mate. I do have one problem though. If Cannon made it open use to encourage RP, then what is the point of restricting it, to discourage RP?

Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship - ruihu908 - 07-18-2011

Meh, Guess too many were in Manhattan Orbit trolling (sun)

But it's not like it's a great ship anyhow (although the Star Wars import is kinda nice). The tube hitbox is ultra lame.

I try to forumlancer, I try, I try.

Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship - Daedric - 07-18-2011

' Wrote:Not everyone plays forumlancer.
Replacement or full refund, nothing less. (And no, I don't own one.)

Reading a thread isn't playing forumlancer. The server rules are posted on the forums, it even says that in game. Not the admin's fault if a player decides not to come to the forums to read some. Using your logic they shouldn't impose punishment on people who break server rules because there is the chance the person doesn't forumlancer. Make sense?

' Wrote:Well, can't fault you there mate. I do have one problem though. If Cannon made it open use to encourage RP, then what is the point of restricting it, to discourage RP?

Read what Cannon posted.

Quote:In the mean time, maybe we can have a little fun and extend our RP without a SRP?

He was/is trying to create a way for people to have fun. He did so something and gave a clear warning about it, yet people still whine about it. Typical humans!

' Wrote:Reading a thread isn't playing forumlancer. The server rules are posted on the forums, it even says that in game. Not the admin's fault if a player decides not to come to the forums to read some. Using your logic they shouldn't impose punishment on people who break server rules because there is the chance the person doesn't forumlancer. Make sense?

The basic server rules are accessible ingame via commodities, automated alerts, and communication with other players. As a frequent forumer, I didn't even know about any of this Spyglass garbage before this thread and it's damned fishy.

Spyglass Lane Hacker Lolship - ruihu908 - 07-18-2011

Well I think we should really focus more on Dreadnought ganking and overuse then spyglasses.

I mean, there's like what, max of 30 to 40 Glasses on server? And how many dreads?

And the 'best' part is there's always a Dread running around Lolberty trying to find pirates to pewpew. (seriously, who uses a Dreadnought to patrol? )