Discovery Gaming Community
Ramming Capitals - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Ramming Capitals (/showthread.php?tid=66390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ramming Capitals - Vladimir - 10-06-2011

I saw a lot of people using that trick on base or asteroid, tho. However, admin green already stated that it's abuse and thus, sanctionable. I was just too lazy to submit a report, but i'm a bad role model.

Ramming Capitals - McNeo - 10-08-2011

' Wrote:Ramming is a cheap, very unrealistic tactic. In the past, I've watched snub pilots purposely ram a dread just to keep it from being able to fight, constantly spinning it out of control. I mean, if an X-wing fighter in Star Wars rammed a Star Destroyer, what would happen? Yeah, the X-wing go poof and the Star Destroyer might have a scratch!

I say keep it real.

A-wing vs Super Star Destroyer

Ramming Capitals - maximus995 - 10-08-2011

Kudos to dragonoid for his supperb ramming, didnt even bother to hide it (Dragonoid: (and i qoute) "run order, ill bump him so he cant follow)

My point: lets assume he wasnt as daft to say that line, how would i prove it hmm? one bump is already enough to make the other bs get out of range and in a fight i dont have the time to keep my fingers happy on my screenshot button waiting for the exact moment he bumps

Ramming Capitals - Don_Paco_Corleone - 10-08-2011

[Image: 327231-executor_imperator_comparison_large.jpg]

Super Star Destroyer

StarWars

Ramming Capitals - Hielor - 10-09-2011

' Wrote:Kudos to dragonoid for his supperb ramming, didnt even bother to hide it (Dragonoid: (and i qoute) "run order, ill bump him so he cant follow)

My point: lets assume he wasnt as daft to say that line, how would i prove it hmm? one bump is already enough to make the other bs get out of range and in a fight i dont have the time to keep my fingers happy on my screenshot button waiting for the exact moment he bumps
Fraps demo can record thirty seconds of video. Record it, upload it to youtube, include link in sanction report.

Of course, bumping isn't against the rules anyway, so it doesn't matter...

Ramming Capitals - Kharon - 10-09-2011

' Wrote:In that case, mooring externally to a station while under fire and all of a sudden becoming invincible is just as unrealistic. I don't see too much of an issue here.
As is in the first place attacking someone right infront of his homebase. Bad counterexample Aeternus Doleo.

Ramming Capitals - CzeReptile - 10-11-2011

' Wrote:If fighters try to ram you out of place, they'll explode if you're in a battleship. Gunboats on the other hand... Yeah, they're trouble.

HA
HA
HA

Tell that to the MNS that I flppd over with my nyx for 3 bots damage, which saved our zephyr from obliteration.

Ramming Capitals - Hades - 10-13-2011

' Wrote:A-wing vs Super Star Destroyer
'Cept that's a somewhat different example that has many problems with itself on its own.

Ramming Capitals - Hawk - 10-14-2011

' Wrote:To be honest, ramming something in a fighter is a tactical choice now, which is neat.

"neat" is the best word you can come up with to describe a snub being able to completely flip a transport, liner, cap, or barge in the opposite direction? Do you think that should be allowed.

' Wrote:- the flipping of a big ship is an act that defies even freelancer physics - flipping a barge around is .. well.. in one work "mean" ( but it appears not be a violation to the rules anymore )

my point exactly

' Wrote:I saw a lot of people using that trick on base or asteroid, tho. However, admin green already stated that it's abuse and thus, sanctionable. I was just too lazy to submit a report, but i'm a bad role model.

you've seen this? Let me get your opinion on this. Suppose a liner with CAU8 gets attacked by a heavy fighter. The liner can easily escape even if it doesn't have guns capable of hitting a HF. However, every time the liners moves towards its intended destination, the HF flips it completely in the opposite direction so it can't go anywhere and as it keeps getting flipped it is incapable of fighting. Should this be allowed?

Ramming Capitals - Vladimir - 10-14-2011

Sure. It IS allowed, actually. While the "get yourself a ~300 speed from bump" is not.