Discovery Gaming Community
Nomads will EAT us all! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Nomads will EAT us all! (/showthread.php?tid=67625)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Nomads will EAT us all! - Vladimir - 10-17-2011

Quote:On other side there are also humans - players and not all of their technology is overpowered: they have no pulse weaponry, mortars, missiles.

Are you talking about caps? Snubs are better. But still. Nomad bases sell mortars and other things, nomad id player could aways use them on this basis.

Nomads will EAT us all! - aerelm - 10-17-2011

' Wrote:How could ANYBODY claim for a bounty reward if Wilds or Nomads are on sensor screen?
It's called server rules. Wilde and Nomads are considered players too, and that same merc who's trying to collect a bounty there can't shoot said players unless they have a bounty on their heads, which in most cases they don't.

Try hiring the merc to shoot alongside you next time.

Nomads will EAT us all! - Vrabcek - 10-17-2011

You know Pepe you are talking about "bad RP". You remember what your " RP " was?

Shouting in the system chat: [16.10.2011 18:45:36] Joshua.Hammer: Wilde.Zweifel. is enemy at E-6: cruiser or battleship

So even if I would be in the place of the mercenary who shot you, I would do exactly the same. So don't judge other people's roleplay...

And btw. the reaver was shooting the wildes and nomads some minutes later...

Nomads will EAT us all! - BaconSoda - 10-17-2011

' Wrote:It doesen't matter who it was, Reavers, or any other Human. Nomads are well organised and in posession of superior tech. Knowing some Nomads would be very usefull for any Merc. If there is any Merc like this. It would be bad for RP.

Superior tech is givven to Nomads because they are allone. It should stay this way. Just to make sure there would be no alliances between humans and aliens, I suggest:

Pls, add to all bounty boards: IF ALIENS ARE ON SCREEN - NO REWARDS FOR KILLING HUMANS!

P.S. Thanks for correcting me, it wasn't the Molly BS there, it was a Scylla. This captain actually went to Human side (as Bretonian captain claims), as soon as noticed aliens are attacking him too.

Well, you know, you can make that choice as your characters. By and large, I agree that the Nomads are supposedly a bigger threat, but is that really my problem? If I'm one lowly Mercenary, what can I really do? Run my butt away. That's what mine will do if he doesn't think the profit is worth the risk. Man, that thing is your problem. I don't have a stake in anything. You're the admiral. Your problem!

It's a character choice, and though I will agree with you on some points, I don't agree for others. Some people will feel that noble. Unfortunately, not many players choose to Roleplay that way. Nothing really for it besides that.

Nomads will EAT us all! - Pepe - 10-18-2011

' Wrote:You know Pepe you are talking about "bad RP". You remember what your " RP " was?

Shouting in the system chat: [16.10.2011 18:45:36] Joshua.Hammer: Wilde.Zweifel. is enemy at E-6: cruiser or battleship

So even if I would be in the place of the mercenary who shot you, I would do exactly the same. So don't judge other people's roleplay...
And btw. the reaver was shooting the wildes and nomads some minutes later...
I confirm it was really like that, Vrabcek. But it was not my insta-RP. Please, do not put me down for that. I couldn't do any RP as I was under a fire really fast. I called all system for a help with my auto-message. I really was amazed when nobody wanted to defend a Human system from infestation (except me and captain of HMS Debeli, God Rest His Soul).

Omicron, my newbie ass was kicked so many times by all good pilots. Probably by you too. There is no way I could hate Reavers for that. It's their job, to kick asses. And they always call me a Baby, or Love You Too, for a change. I was sure we would fly together to protect Humanity. I would say to my friends: "ME and one nice Reaver lady kicked some aliens, ya know! Later she killed me a little, but who minds." Pls, do not judge me for that, as we never spoke before.

So, silly me... I wanted to unite Humanity. Really bad RP. Sorry for wasting your time.

Nomads will EAT us all! - varoshanin - 10-18-2011

and yes... we again talk about "skyplancer" not freelancer ..
so PEPE yes "nomads" (read -supreme players here ) will eat us!!

Nomads will EAT us all! - Vladimir - 10-18-2011

' Wrote:It's called server rules. Wilde and Nomads are considered players too, and that same merc who's trying to collect a bounty there can't shoot said players unless they have a bounty on their heads, which in most cases they don't.

Try hiring the merc to shoot alongside you next time.

Actually, i'm pretty sure any human pilot can engage any nomad/wilde ship at will.

Nomads will EAT us all! - Omicron - 10-18-2011

' Wrote:So, silly me... I wanted to unite Humanity. Really bad RP. Sorry for wasting your time.

It's not bad RP. What is not working here that you search for OORP solutions for your RP problem. Shoot that Reaver tommorow for 'betraying humanity blah blah'?

Nomads will EAT us all! - Divine - 10-18-2011

' Wrote:... "nomads" (read -supreme players here ) ...
Elitist player reporting in.

So, mister le Pepe,... what you propose is, that with the moment any Wilden/Nomad ship appears on scanners, any- and everybody should unite to kick the hell out of it?

Neat, I'll remember that should we've ever the questionable pleasure of meeting ingame.
And thanks for the heads-up that we should quickly take you down before you can in any way gather people to try rampaging over us.

Gank's fine, and a two-way business.

Nomads will EAT us all! - Pepe - 10-18-2011

' Wrote:Elitist player reporting in.

So, mister le Pepe,... what you propose is, that with the moment any Wilden/Nomad ship appears on scanners, any- and everybody should unite to kick the hell out of it?

Neat, I'll remember that should we've ever the questionable pleasure of meeting ingame.
And thanks for the heads-up that we should quickly take you down before you can in any way gather people to try rampaging over us.

Gank's fine, and a two-way business.
Yes Divine, yes, gank me every day, gank me 10 times per a day if you like it, as 2 vhf's can gank me any time. But pls, just stop convincing me that is OK if Humans and Aliens work together. It happened before and it will happen again, it's part of this sport, just don't call it right.

And... Before suggesting people I'm a ganker... Did you check how many Wilds were there in Leeds to be "ganked" by us?