Discovery Gaming Community
Apologies to all - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Apologies to all (/showthread.php?tid=7100)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Apologies to all - Laowai - 03-20-2008

' Wrote:You are in China....are you chinese?

uuum....

No., im australian.

I started playing on Disco when i was in Australia, and up until 48 hours ago, i have had no problems playing it in china

Apologies to all - Marburg - 03-20-2008

I'm sure if you ask the admins, they will lock your guys...just a thought.

Apologies to all - Laowai - 03-20-2008

' Wrote:I'm sure if you ask the admins, they will lock your guys...just a thought.

Oh... they can do that??? well... i might just ask then! i had plans for those characters!

i just tried to connect again in a blind flash of optimism... nope, i get to the character select screen, choose a character... it sits ther for 1000 years and then goes back to the server select screen

yay.... how annoying is it all.....

buh

Apologies to all - pchwang - 03-21-2008

Quote:You are in China....are you chinese?
Vape;) "Laowai" literally means, "Old Foreigner" in Mandarin.

Hey, Laowai, I'm sure that the Admin can do something. By the way, got skype?

At least keep in touch. There are other things we do, besides Disco.....

such as,

COMPETITIVE SPEED MINESWEEPER!

OYEA!

Apologies to all - Shadowfox - 03-21-2008

' Wrote:i just tried to connect again in a blind flash of optimism... nope, i get to the character select screen, choose a character... it sits ther for 1000 years and then goes back to the server select screen
yay.... how annoying is it all.....

Laowai, I've had this happen a few times when the ping was unusually high. Get to the character screen, select a character, wait, wait some more, bounce back to server select. I assumed it was a time-out issue - it cleared up when the ping went back down.

Doesn't make much sense that the Harmonic Forces would nix the game but let you post to Disco. Hope you get the issue resolved!

Apologies to all - Jihadjoe - 03-21-2008

' Wrote:Doesn't make much sense that the Harmonic Forces would nix the game but let you post to Disco.

If anything the forum would be the more dangerous thing. Maybe if we post lots saying how we all love the chinese govt then we can get ya back:P

Apologies to all - Laowai - 03-21-2008

' Wrote:If anything the forum would be the more dangerous thing. Maybe if we post lots saying how we all love the chinese govt then we can get ya back:P

haha i doubt it - but thanks anyway!

I'm really hopping its a high ping issue.... but the ping is only 460 and I've connected on that a bunch of times. So unless someone has changed something somewhere it doesn't seem to add up....
The whole censorship thing never makes any sense... some stuff is obvious, but other stuff is just completly weird. I know it makes no sense to block a game, but it wouldnt surprise me that it was.
Last year, a bunch of Americans i know here were complaining that they could no longer connect to their WoW servers back home - they had been blocked, essentially it was thought, so people would have to play on the local ones which of course meant revenue flowed into a local person's pockets - sometimes it seems to be about money as much as anything else. Trouble is, those servers were all in chinese, so you had a bunch of foreign WOW addicts crying into their beers.

Anyway, i tried again this morning, no luck -so yep, it seems i am taking an enforced leave of absence!

@elgatodiablo - haha, i was wondering when someone was gonna translate the name:)

Apologies to all - AdamantineFist - 03-21-2008

Eh, too bad, man. Must be really annoying, what with all this "harmonizing". Hope you're able to come back soon.

Apologies to all - Laowai - 03-21-2008

' Wrote:Eh, too bad, man. Must be really annoying, what with all this "harmonizing". Hope you're able to come back soon.

Quite annoying!

I really hope its just a ping issue - ive noticed that the server now says it can have 200 players.. and its only been happening since then... but then again, admins have told me there is no issue they can see... so... im now a forum lurker.....
I'll keep trying to connect, perhaps i'll get lucky.

Apologies to all - Korrd - 03-21-2008

I've started a discussion about your situation on the Admin forums. To see if the problem is your IP being banned from our side for some reason. It might no be even your specific IP being blocked, but an entire network (IP interval) because of a cheater, and you might be on the same net he is, and hence, blocked too.

I ask for some patience now, while we try to determine what the problem is.

There might be a way to bypass the great firewall, by using an encrypted VPN link to a computer outside the network, which will work as a proxy. I can't promise it will work though..