Discovery Gaming Community
New admins needed? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: New admins needed? (/showthread.php?tid=7298)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New admins needed? - bluntpencil2001 - 03-28-2008

Plus, Korrd's back, right?

New admins needed? - Othman - 03-28-2008

Putting a poll about this is pointless but voting for it is more than pointless..

New admins needed? - me_b_kevin - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:So, do tell...

While you're deciding that the Admin team needs new members whilst conveniently putting forward no suggestions, would you like to tell us how to do our job as well? I'm sure we'll be all ears in order to listen to your words of wisdom.

"Harsh"? Yes, you're probably right. However, at this point in time, I don't believe I care. We have enough administrators, thank you, and unless the server population grows significantly (an event of which I am very against letting happen; 200 player slots is quite enough) my stance on this subject will not change.

If my fellow admins, and especially Igiss, decide we need more admins, then more admins we shall get. And not a moment before, believe you me.

how many admins are there anyway? 4 active ones i think...right? what's the population of the community it's in the thousands i think.

i don't think it's a slight against the admins Kane, everyone realizes that you guys have lives too. we know you guys don't get paid for your work either. Actually i think it would be good to give some relief to you guys. i've not a clue what it takes to be an Admin but i can imagine it being hard at times. the more the merrier in my eyes. the more Admins the less work there is for each one.

we love you guys and just don't want you guys to have to work so hard ya big lug. :D

New admins needed? - Korrd - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:Well, now it seems Korrd is back on board.... I dunno.
' Wrote:Plus, Korrd's back, right?
Yeah. I am back now. All the heavy college stuff is now behind... for the moment. So I can pay more attention to disco now.

The Admin team is fine as it is now. I don't think we need more people at the moment.

Also, consider that naming a new Admin is a delicate matter here. The community is in part a reflex of the Admin team, as the Admin team is also a reflex of the community. Getting a new Admin into the team is critical then, as we need to get a person whose profile is the right one to do well to the community. Would you like to put the wrong person into the team, with all the power an Admin has? It would be something terrible, that could shatter the community into pieces.

A new Admin will be named when necessary.

New admins needed? - bluntpencil2001 - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:Yeah. I am back now. All the heavy college stuff is now behind... for the moment. So I can pay more attention to disco now.

The Admin team is fine as it is now. I don't think we need more people at the moment.

Also, consider that naming a new Admin is a delicate matter here. The community is in part a reflex of the Admin team, as the Admin team is also a reflex of the community. Getting a new Admin into the team is critical then, as we need to get a person whose profile is the right one to do well to the community. Would you like to put the wrong person into the team, with all the power an Admin has? It would be something terrible, that could shatter the community into pieces.

A new Admin will be named when necessary.

Good show!:D

New admins needed? - Patriot - 03-28-2008

New [ADMIN]....humm no

New [The Angels] thats can help....as far as i know we can trust them and they dont have [ADMIN] power,they will do the job:cool:

New admins needed? - looqas - 03-28-2008

That's good that the admins have stated their view on the matter. What comes to this thread being garbage I disagree on the basis that it's feedback. The poll is there to get how people feel about the amount of admins.

Of course the admin team knows the best. It's not the point here really. And bringing in a new member is always risky business as the team coherence might dissolve, but that I leave at that.

I'm more than happy to hear that you are not worked to death. I'd like to ask a question that do you do anything else in Disco than admin work? Play the game?

I meant this thread to bring about a civilized discussion which has been accomplished mostly. And good to see that people and admins have voiced their opinion. I mostly heartly agree with dreygon's points. We like you and you are doing an excellent job (top notch among online games I've seen) and wish you do not to over-extend yourselves. Good to know that feel that you are still able to handle the situation.

Everything's cool as long as you have fun administrating, but don't be shy to delegate responsibility if/when the time comes. That's good management also. Like korrd said, the admin team reflects the community. But it also goes the other way. Well-being of admins have an impact on the community and the server also.

ps. To clarify: I'm not here to force you to get more admins. No poll or opinion can do that. I re-read my original post and did not like the way it came across. Sorry for the haste I put into it. I'm only concerned about the well-being of the server and admins (as preposterous it sounds).

New admins needed? - Doom - 03-28-2008

do we need new admins?...

well...start obeying server and forum rules and we wont need any more admins...

New admins needed? - Carlos_Benitez - 03-28-2008

The server needs server police/ judges / moderators.
More actual admins isn't a great idea...the more admins, the less secure the system is. Server police are needed though. 20 or so players who have limited powers to settle disputes, stop and do cheat-checks, teleporting to areas to allow maximum coverage. -who answer to the admins.

New admins needed? - Reverend Del - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:The server needs server police/ judges / moderators.
More actual admins isn't a great idea...the more admins, the less secure the system is. Server police are needed though. 20 or so players who have limited powers to settle disputes, stop and do cheat-checks, teleporting to areas to allow maximum coverage. -who answer to the admins.
It has been stated and stated again, the admins do not want to implement server police, as for Moderators I know that Xoria has recently been promoted to the position, a wise choice I must say, and if any more are required I'm certain the admins will be discussing it at this very moment. On the subject of more admins, if the admins themselves are saying no more are required then surely that is the end of this discussion.