Discovery Gaming Community
Bomber Rocket Gun - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bomber Rocket Gun (/showthread.php?tid=75777)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bomber Rocket Gun - Govedo13 - 03-01-2012

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...14966&st=10
Here I explained it rather well. Hitting snubs with that?
Not possible x2
1: It must be stupid snub to joist shieldless on bomber- why to use hellfire when you can just snac it? The point is that if you can hit snub with it then you can snac the said snub because it is easier. Mind that hit and kill are 2 different things.
2: The gun is so inaccurate that only the first shot counts against normal dodging snub pilots, however it does less dmg then cannonball and 2 time less dmg then nuke- if the snub does not dodge- nuke it?/snac it?
So yes why you would waste potent gun slot (25% of your gun DPS) to get 2 more snac shots damage?
Not a option really- it works on limited basis only vs very bad snub pilots or vs armourless gunboats and transports and only on 5 gun bombers.
I would say it needs a fix.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Hielor - 03-01-2012

' Wrote:...
I would say it needs a fix.
Not really.

Against larger targets (where the inaccuracy doesn't matter), the rocket gun puts out an insane amount of damage very quickly. Given that bomber powercores can't really support more than 3 guns anyway, getting that extra burst in can definitely help.

If you give a target the whole nine yards all at once, it takes 350k damage in just under 12 seconds. That's huge, and if someone's not paying close enough attention it might even take them by surprise and get you a quick kill before they bot.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Omicron - 03-01-2012

Perfect support gun. I use it on all of my bombers and what can I tell: I feel like jet fighter ace unleashing hell of a dumbfire rockets, rain of death.

Perfect against GB and transports, from lack of better target you can apply it to hull of any cap. Hits fighters from time to time but due to innacuracy I would not rely on it in that matter, through effects can be hillarious if used correctly on point blank range (ramming course during joust, very low range to dismiss built in accuracy or lack thereof). Ammo is cheap so do not worry about ammo but of course use that 70 ammo capacity smart in combat. If you have Order bomber which have 5 frontal guns, it does not hurt to replace one EMP with it. Do not use more than one launcher, it's total waste of slot.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Bloody Reverb - 03-01-2012

ITs Rocket gun, its inaccurate, needs ammo, makes a lot damage, it consumes almost no energy, can blow up Transports and GB damn well and if you are good..firghters and bombers too....(good to drop shields with it before snac)

easy sayed.....its damn good! :O

Bomber Rocket Gun - jimmy Patterson - 03-02-2012

i might actually beable to fly a snub now if i use it agenst caps n such>

Bomber Rocket Gun - Madvillain - 03-02-2012

I am using it for quite some time now and I love it!
It's like a game of mortal combat , once the low pitch voice yells "FINISH HIM'' , unleash the rocket power for maximum dramatic effect.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Govedo13 - 03-02-2012

' Wrote:If you give a target the whole nine yards all at once, it takes 350k damage in just under 12 seconds.
Snac and Nova do a lot more damage, 350k is nothing for full ammo package (2 novas do more only for the cost of 2 ammo), mind that you also might not have 100% hitrate and having 300k dmg (less then 2 novas) is not that great over all. If you check my link you would see that there are a lot more comparable things that do much greater damage. The gun is good only when you have 2-3 buddies to carry ammo for it.
It works only on 5 Gun bombers- then it is good idea otherwise it is not. I would say it needs half refire rate and 10-20% more damage then it would be good. Now it is hard to control the DPS from the gun, however test it vs gbsor transports with nice capital armour and you would see that it does a way to less dmg in order to play with 25% less shield DPS on light bomber since it is useless vs cruisers and battleships.
I would be happy to see the heavy bombers having more forward guns- all of them should have 5-6 so hellfire could become standard gun for them.
I wont comment effects and stuff because kids tend to like flashy things but only the facts.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Stoat - 03-02-2012

The hellfire is most useful as a finisher for caps. If you're up close to a larger cap that's an almost guaranteed 350k damage you kick out in a few seconds. It rips into unshielded GBs nicely too. I love it.

Personally I find it useless against fighters and other bombers, but then I only mount 1 launcher. I've been told that mounting 4 can pretty much guarantee you a kill against a jousting opponent. The gun slots would need to be compact though, given the spread of the rockets. I can see it being a great tactic on a BHG bomber, but worse than useless on a Roc.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Valinor - 03-02-2012

It's meant to deal some raw damage in few seconds, and that's exactly what it does. Works nicely on gunboats.

Increasing damage or ammo would make it too powerful.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Hielor - 03-02-2012

' Wrote:Snac and Nova do a lot more damage, 350k is nothing for full ammo package (2 novas do more only for the cost of 2 ammo), mind that you also might not have 100% hitrate and having 300k dmg (less then 2 novas) is not that great over all. If you check my link you would see that there are a lot more comparable things that do much greater damage. The gun is good only when you have 2-3 buddies to carry ammo for it.
It works only on 5 Gun bombers- then it is good idea otherwise it is not. I would say it needs half refire rate and 10-20% more damage then it would be good. Now it is hard to control the DPS from the gun, however test it vs gbsor transports with nice capital armour and you would see that it does a way to less dmg in order to play with 25% less shield DPS on light bomber since it is useless vs cruisers and battleships.
I would be happy to see the heavy bombers having more forward guns- all of them should have 5-6 so hellfire could become standard gun for them.
I wont comment effects and stuff because kids tend to like flashy things but only the facts.
You completely failed to consider fire rate in your analysis, and the fact that you're proposing nerfing the ROF shows that you have absolutely zero understanding of DPS.

On the light bombers, you can only SNAC once every 20 seconds or so. Sure, one SNAC does 130k or whatever, but then you have to sit around and wait for the next one.

The HRG puts out its damage all at once in one concentrated burst. Sure, if you're going for a long fight, it'll end up being useless once you're out of ammo. But if you're just looking to blow up a single ship as quickly as possible, use the HRG. Plus, the HRG doesn't cost any damage at all, so you can SNAC at the same time--nearly 500k damage in about 10seconds? Yes please.