Discovery Gaming Community
Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS (/showthread.php?tid=79168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Pancakes - 05-04-2012

' Wrote:well tried the ; argument and the remove line. still got between 2% and 40% lag :|

even tried to shou and bash the keyboard.. no sucess...

in-game lag isn't related to this. This is fixing issue of FPS drops (Aka Frames Per Second).

You're issue is with the connection to the server or the router, I suggest first checking you're connection to the router since it's usually the cause for lag.

@Skullz

Download the freelancer.ini file that I added in the end of the OP, use it instead of yours and tell me if the issue still exist.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Junes - 05-04-2012

I tried out everything, yet the FPS drops persisted, then I DLed your file and replaced it with mine. Works now. Thankee. :3

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Fletcher - 05-04-2012

Still getting drops, kind of a pain, and this is outside of combat too.

My current mood: http://z0r.de/2601

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Jocelyn - 05-10-2012

The best way to ensure you get smooth FPS on an x64 machine is to run the game and then open your task manager. Right click Freelancer.exe and go to "Set Affinity..." and make sure "<All Processors>" is checked. This should cause your game to run smoothly.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Skullz - 05-17-2012

Pancakes. I already used your file, which I used before I posted here. Since I've posted I've re-installed the gam entirely. Somewhat ok, but still a huge problem of lagging. My connextions been the same, its been fine with the game upon till update 5. And well, finding it hard to even enjoy the game.

Can't even dock a fighter in to a trade lane now. screen jumpy when something happens or thers allot going on. I've reduced some of the graphics settings, to no avial.

My average lag before update 5 was 1%. nowadays my average lag is 70%, taking in to account I am not even going on it at peak times since update 5.

Sorry if I'm ranting. hopefully it can be sorted.

My new install of disco has your ini file in it.:((no other copies of the file are there either.)

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Pancakes - 05-19-2012

You have FPS drops or data transfer lag?

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Camtheman - 05-19-2012

As a person whose expereienced non stop FPS lag on two high performance computers, I can say this works definitvely.

Hooray.

That lag was so annoying...

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Reid - 05-20-2012

The file change didn't work, but terminating the 6(!) Freelancer.exe's made the game run smoother than a baby's bottom

It also fixed my processor running at 30% idle instead of 2%

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Skullz - 05-22-2012

' Wrote:You have FPS drops or data transfer lag?

Since re-installing the game entirely, the game screen runs rather smoothly most of the time. Though when I use turret mod to view areas, certain areas with lots of activity make the screen jumpy. As well as maybe certain actions as I haven't been in much pvp. (been avoiding it in fear of getting q-q'd and not being able to enjoy the fight)
Also, generally travelling, I can have things pop up out of no where. jumping is the worst thing at the worst of times. The longest I recorded took me 10 minutes, and not lagging out. Its really funny when I am with a group of friends, cus the last time it took me ages to go through a jump, apparently to them, I was waiting to dock, blocking the gate/hole for a good two minutes or so.

/ping gives me on average, my normal ping level I have known for disco 170 to about 220 most of the time, which it has been like that before update 5. But, on average loss is around 5-10% whilst lag averages 30-70%. both loss and lag before update 5 came out were 0-1% for me on average.

I have even lowed some graphics levels, as I know they help reduce normal lag, but doing that has had no effect at all.

Fixing FPS drops/ Constantly low FPS - Adam_Spire - 05-23-2012

My solution:

Load the game, it lags and 1 FPS. I land, log out, close the Freelancer disco game, remove it from the task manager, restart the program, no lag, runs fine.

I'm not going to mess with files until 90% of the people say it works.