Discovery Gaming Community
Your Music Collection - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Your Music Collection (/showthread.php?tid=79676)

Pages: 1 2 3

Your Music Collection - Benjamin - 05-07-2012

' Wrote:5 crates of vinyl (if anyone knows what that means?)

Haha, yeah I finally feel old when no one even mentions owning actual physical music anymore.
I just boxed all my CDs up on Saturday in preparation for the move. And damn, my collection is really good, i forgot. My vinyl is still out on the shelf though. Don't quite have 5 crates, but enough to never get bored of it. Records are the best.

Your Music Collection - Camtheman - 05-08-2012

XD I'm 17 and never owned any physical music in my life =P

Your Music Collection - Jayce - 05-08-2012

I have Pandora. I don't buy music.

Your Music Collection - Qunitinius~Verginix - 05-08-2012

' Wrote:Yeah, my music sense is weird. I got to J-pop cause I watch anime and download their OSTs.

The excuse I give for this is because I've gotten to the point where I completely believe that the current singers have no talent save for a few and that since I don't understand Japanese, I take the lyrics to be "instrumental" or rather, meaningless.

Lyrics in languages I don't understand are no different from any other instrument that helps play the song.

Vocals in ANY language are just another instrument IMO. Having good lyrics can help a song but are not as important as the songs total composition.

Anyways, I don't much, around 300 CD's, been collecting since i was 15 but all the record stores around my town closed. Oh well

Your Music Collection - Jihadjoe - 05-08-2012

' Wrote:Haha, yeah I finally feel old when no one even mentions owning actual physical music anymore.

I tend towards buying music in a phsyical format if at all possible, but once it's bought, I rip it onto my PC in .flac format for convenience more than anything.

There an awesome second hand record shop in town, run by one of the most awesome local characters... A guy called Matt 'The Hat'.

Hilariously, his record shop is called Discovery Records. As yet he has no idea this place exists, but I might give it a mention next time I see him in the pub.

Anyway... Matt's shop is where a very large part of my income disappears. There's something awesome about music on vinyl in particular. One of the things that gets lost as much becomes increasingly sold over a digital format, is album art, and that makes me sad...

Your Music Collection - angstclot - 05-08-2012

In my personal collection I have 124 gig organized by artist & album, so I'm not sure the actual number...maybe 500 bands & 16-1700 complete albums.

Don't get me wrong, I love having gone digital...the only vinyl I have left is Mercyful Fate- "Don't Break The Oath" & a red vinyl Testure 12" from Skinny Puppy
1 "Piece Of Mind" cassette tape by Iron Maiden and
4 CD's: 2 Hangdogs, 1 Toadies and a 1st print Buck Pet

Joe reminds me that I miss the era of the CD/record store though.

Not the corporate ones. Screw those. I'm talking about the neighborhood independent ones...the ones staffed by Rock snobs that have the ability to make you feel guilty for never hearing of a band you've never heard of, from behind an elevated counter plastered with band & skate stickers.
Live In-store performances on occasion...y'know basically the kinda place where the customers hang out every day almost as much as the employees.

Yeah, those. I miss those.

Your Music Collection - Not Espi - 05-08-2012

digital? ~1400 pieces, most of which is EDM

and some 250 pieces of records to feed my turntable with.