Discovery Gaming Community
Is Connecticut needed? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Is Connecticut needed? (/showthread.php?tid=80345)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Is Connecticut needed? - Markus_Janus - 05-16-2012

Ok well as anyone that knows me knows, I HATE Connecticut.
It is not needed for training within factions, that can be had anywhere.

But I do stick to a philosophy of to each his own.
So take it , leave it, what ever.

Removing activity tracker from working there might be a good idea though.
:ylove:

Is Connecticut needed? - Pavel - 05-16-2012

Such system must exists for training purpouses, I pointed out serious arguments for that in my earlier post. If many players in Conn are just lolwuts/"PvPwhores" it's fault of not small part of community, not system. It's not secret we have many 2mordai! "players" and "Die XYZ member!". Unfortunately, we live in these, not other times and society is as it is. Good thing these players, at least part of them, can do it in Conn to achieve blue message orgasm, not in RP enviroment. From my short experience they populate space outside New Haven, station's at lines ends are almost deserted, and thus they are great places for individual duel in silence and peace, without being disturbed.

' Wrote:If you want to know why many don't want connecticut anymore, do this:
Recently, Connecticut is full of several people, even those we do not want on our server.
This is an English only in Local and System chat, right?
Well, we have RuRuss and δΩ talking people.
This is not bad in any way, I don't mind them at all, but, they don't even try to learn the rules, register on the forum, or attempt to reply with something other than "uruss?"

Rules still applies in Conn, report. Btw. RuRuss or δΩ messages on system-wide channel aren't rare in Rheinland, I know how it could be annoying.

Is Connecticut needed? - Zap - 05-16-2012

Jormungander " Those "hot spots" exist and a 3-5 line engagement message takes one minute, not really a problem in my eyes. "

Having only been back on this server for the last few days I have yet to see this. I did spend nearly a hour of back and forth RP before actually getting to the PvP because the other party was waiting for other players to turn up. In the end it was fun but I would imagine most players who want a PvP fix and want to stay on this server would appreciate a more direct approach to their fix.

Unlawful Bandit " Such hotspot already exists, Connecticut. Don't try to force people to spend their free time in way they don't want to. "

I wouldn't dream of trying to, I simply find it odd that a server that has a rule about firing on people without any warning, has the polar opposite in a "training system". Saying that the system is an RP war hot spot simply isn't true. As for cap-ganking? Its not as if saying "this only applies to fighter class ships" is hard to add.

These are of course just my opinion.

Is Connecticut needed? - sprundermuff - 05-16-2012

Let me say this, what everyone knows already, and if they don't they should:

Connecticut started out as a training ground, am I right?

It was fun, people actually trained, and it was just... good.

Now, Connecticut is no longer a training ground, it is a way for people to escape RP, which the server even has in its name.

Connecticut has become not a training ground, nothing that helps anyone in any way, except stimulating the already OVER stimulated Disco players with PvP.

People don't want RP anymore, they want blue messages, so Conn is a way to do that.

If you want to PvP all the time, join a different server, either get rid of Connecticut or actually somehow make it back into a TRAINING ground, not some over stimulated group of blue message jockies.

Is Connecticut needed? - Pavel - 05-16-2012

I train in Conn, to advance in dogfight, not for blue messages. 2 days ago some RoS guy gave me very good advices and now I'm not newbie in PvP, kudos to him. As I said, it's fault of certain kind of players, not Conn.

Is Connecticut needed? - aerelm - 05-16-2012

[Image: thisthreadagain.jpg]

Oh look, my pic is a link. Is yours too?

Is Connecticut needed? - ryoken - 05-16-2012

It is a waste of space, but to many PvP whores love it, and this is like topic 50 on the subject. So it is here to stay i am sorry to say, and atleast the PvP whores can go there, instead of being useless twats in systems that matter.

Is Connecticut needed? - sobuor - 05-16-2012

I think it has no effect on the RP at all.

i don't see why anyone can agree with this statement

Is Connecticut needed? - Zukeenee - 05-16-2012

Not gonna give opinions on Connecticut itself. Instead, I'm more interested in this:
' Wrote:Removing activity tracker from working there might be a good idea though.
If this is possible, this should probably be done. Now that traveling to Conn is as simple as typing a line into the chatbox, a lot of official factions can be seen spending time in there. I'm fine with that, but I don't feel that they should be contributing to their activity trackers while in Conn.

Is Connecticut needed? - Ninefour - 05-16-2012

Conny is great! I love to have training anytime with that command. Leave it as it is.