Discovery Gaming Community
Faction power - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Faction power (/showthread.php?tid=81039)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Faction power - ProwlerPC - 05-28-2012

To sound further cynical. GMG| council is all too aware of my ramblings on this and I'm pretty sure I've made the odd post about it too in the past (wow time flies). I was never convinced that the faction rights actually existed. I'd also like to point out, however, that I also do not believe we should make those faction rights come true. Look at what we have now with just the perception created by making that public post and to be honest I don't think your current imaginative fears of faction power would be too far off if the faction rights were more then just a post. I can't stand the rift it has created between factions and indies though, something that won't be easy to fix.

Faction power - Agmen of Eladesor - 05-28-2012

' Wrote:How is that? I taught MYSELF how to be a better RPer and it was certainly not by watching official factions l

Posting from my phone so if I screw up,sorry.

Your teacher did a lousy job. :)

Seriously, is all you EVER do is complain about stuff on here? If everything - Fix Cruise, Fix Factions, Everything here sucks - pisses you off so much that you even didn't work with someone to make a base and instead spent untold hours effectively playing by yourself, why do you sticks around? Shut up and be constructive instead of just complaining.

As for factions and powers ... sorry, that's almost a laugh. You think if all official factions were terminated today that tomorrow there wouldn't be 50 'clans' spring up? Like others have said, we've seen this thread before. Give it a rest.

Side note - 96 in May is too hot for Indiana. (35C for you Celsius peeps. )

Faction power - Death.RunningVerminator - 05-28-2012

Official factions have power? :unsure:

Faction power - ophidian - 05-28-2012

Celcius for the win.

I cannot talk for other factions as I restricted myself to one and joined another one by invitation to fix the dialogue in between the two factions at the time.

People were generally happy from my leadership, as far as their claims go, I cannot comment on that. But what I can say is that leading an official faction was a f.ing pain in the ass regarding fixing things. It wasn't pleasant, it wasn't power trippy and it had LOTS of issues to talk with administration and development. I also tried to introduce non-official faciton people to the picture a lot and things were going OK, even if slow, but then some dialogues non-related to this really blew it off for me and I gave up and left disco for over a year.

I quit the leadership after working about a year on it (partially holding the leader title, partially doing things at the back while the previous leader was awol).

My suggestion regarding this;

If you believe an official faction is doing something wrong, openly say it giving names, issues etc. Trolling will happen and everyone accuses everyone for being a troll, but then it would be as helpful as this topic or anything similar (like opening a topic saying official factions are weak).

Faction power - Hierophant - 05-28-2012

Well Oaph,

I gotta say you was one hell of a fackshunleader and the best together with another one and if I was to say the other ones name I'd get insta'd and people screeming lolwhut ban the troll and shat.

But fact is those who succeeded you... how ever they got there... was not playing for they own faction but playing so they could FR those that play their role right and so they could make their skype buddies get blue mesages so they could gain brown-noiging points. RoS and Keepers much. I may puke.

Not that I was entirely innocent in you tempo-quitin'.

Anyhow...

The "official faction members got the responsy to make fights fair in events" got instrumentalized to make sure the fairness consisted on making their suckup-massas win blue messages against noobs.

It proved that those who got power were exactly the ones who shoulda been kept from it.

So... since the system isnt working, better nerf the system. Its better that way.

Soru but thats just how it is.

Faction power - jammi - 05-28-2012

' Wrote:The "official faction members got the responsy to make fights fair in events" got instrumentalized to make sure the fairness consisted on making their suckup-massas win blue messages against noobs.

It proved that those who got power were exactly the ones who shoulda been kept from it.
Examples? I hear these arguments a lot, but never specifics. I am genuinely interested in hearing which factions have been abusing their rights for the benefits of the Skype Illuminati.

Faction power - Hierophant - 05-28-2012

All the information was plain to see... everything was presented.. everything was there.. and it was a waste of time. So those who were in charge of looking at it get exactly the amount of respect they need. Pretty much 0. Thank you very much, and bye bye.

Faction power - jammi - 05-28-2012

' Wrote:All the information was plain to see... everything was presented.. everything was there.. and it was a waste of time. So those who were in charge of looking at it get exactly the amount of respect they need. Pretty much 0. Thank you very much, and bye bye.
I see you've just dodged my request, probably on the assumption that I know what you're going on about. I don't. In the slightest. Explicit answers please. Answer with any more vague rambling and I'm going to assume you don't actually have any valid points.

Faction power - Cond0r - 05-28-2012

Official factions need MORE power! Booyakasha!

Faction power - Ursus - 05-28-2012

' Wrote:[*]Remove FR5, and handle things like OORP docking with rules 1.2 and 6.9
Nothing focuses the mind like a hangman's noose