Discovery Gaming Community
Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast (/showthread.php?tid=8203)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Eppy - 04-30-2008

I agree, the Hackers are based primarily in the Border Worlds, which I consider to include the Independent Worlds, Edge Worlds and at least part of the Omegas. I also think the Saber is technically advanced enough that the Hackers would be quite pleased to use it as their own, especially as they don't really have the resources for a full-scale shipyard (I really consider the RP behind Phoenix a bit shaky).

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - mjolnir - 04-30-2008

Only Hacker ship around that I know of now is this one:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...8683&st=110

and that will be a HF (Crow-like).

Denelo was working on LH VHF and bomber but then he left.

--------------------------
On the other hand.. it was Lane Hacker technical expertise that helped with making the BW shipline...not like they are all stupid and got some ships from the almighty Outcasts..

So you can't say that they won't be allowed to fly it once they get their own ships. It's same for the Red Hessian... their fighters are custom-build to satisfy some extra requirements and are only reserved for the best.

So in RP they can use BW ships just fine now, but they prefer their "better" shipline.

From Loki infocard:
"As the Red Hessian became stronger and richer, the Border World fighters they commonly used were no longer capable of satisfying the demad of the best pilots for custom-build fighters...."

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Eppy - 04-30-2008

I'm actually inclined to agree with Mjolnir, there, the Hackers probably had quite a hand in designing the Border Worlds line, most likely just as much as the Outcasts and Zoners. I don't have any text in front of me to back that up, though.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Zapp - 04-30-2008

Still, the Hackers would want something to call their own, and the Bundschuh can use Hessian ships, seeing as they're allies, if you wanna make the Sabre the equivalent to a Titan... though I think the Outcasts are better allies to have, as they're more friendly to their allies.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Dopamino - 04-30-2008

' Wrote:Still, the Hackers would want something to call their own, and the Bundschuh can use Hessian ships, seeing as they're allies, if you wanna make the Sabre the equivalent to a Titan... though I think the Outcasts are better allies to have, as they're more friendly to their allies.
Why would they want their own? Any tweaks that they would want could be made pretty easily. Bottom line:
Outcast = Borderworlds, but Borderworlds does not = Outcast.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Tenacity - 05-01-2008

The reason they'd want their own ship or ship line is because they arent pure fighters like the outcasts and others who use the borderworlds ships.

Hackers need ships more designed for what they do - hack the lane/gate system and get information. A standard fighter isnt going to be able to hold the technical equipment for that job. The lane hacker gunship even states that the majority of it's interior is taken up by computers and equipment for hacking into the lane network.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Dopamino - 05-01-2008

' Wrote:Why would they want their own? Any tweaks that they would want could be made pretty easily. Bottom line:
Outcast = Borderworlds, but Borderworlds does not = Outcast.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - sovereign - 05-01-2008

You know, it wouldn't bother me too much if Bundschuh switched to Civilian line + Hessian line. Unless we provide low level versions of the Hessian line, we can't phase out BW/Outcast equipment entirely, otherwise Rheinland would be a really nasty place for lawfuls to live. Hessians really should have low level equivalents of Loki and Thor, and then Outcast ships can be used by, well, Outcasts.

The whole thing with Bundschuh in Sabres/Falcatas is a bit odd, too, since we try to maintain neutrality with both Outcasts and Corsairs, despite being closely allied to the Hessians. Civilian line fits that better than Borderworlds line does, in my humble opinion.

As a side note, why are the Luger weapons direct clones of Outcast weaponry (4.00 refires) right up until the Type D, which is a piece of junk? Can this get a fix please?

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Dopamino - 05-01-2008

Sovereign, I don't think you understand what we've been saying. Borderworlds ship are just advanced civilian ships, built especially for harsh environment. Basically Civilian ships are for flying in the houses where combat and other dangers can be expected to be minimal. Borderworlds ships are for going into, well, the Borderworlds. The Borderworlds are wild and dangerous, so anybody who goes there will need a ship better suited for that environment, namely, the BW ship line.

So when you hear BW, think Civilian, not Outcast.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - AdamantineFist - 05-01-2008

' Wrote:...when you hear BW, think Civilian, not Outcast.
Yeeeessss! The infocard says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT ANY PIRATES WHATSOEVER. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Quote:Series Z "Sabre" Border Worlds Very Heavy Fighter

As commerce and some economic freedoms began to flood the Border Worlds, so did greater access to technology and the need for change. The Sabre is the fruit of the Border Worlds' ingenuity and pure capitalism coalesced into one lethal embodiment. This ship boasts enormous power capacity as well as extreme defensive capability.

There ya go. The Sabre. See? NOTHING.

Quote:Series Y "Stiletto" Border Worlds Heavy Fighter

Men and women of action need a ship that can deliver all of the speed, resilience, and firepower available. The Stiletto answers the call by combining exceptional weapon support, reinforced cargo space and the maximum armor rating in its class. The result is a ship that is the only true option for success and survival in the Border Worlds.

Quote:Series X "Dagger" Border Worlds Light Fighter

It may be classified as a light fighter, but there is nothing light about this ship. With its expanded power capacity and armor rating the Dagger has all of the muscle required to survive in the harsh frontier of the Border Worlds, while still being moderately priced. An excellent choice for those craving adventure.

Stiletto and Dagger. Still nothing. Now, pay close attention to the bolded bits. Those, to me, indicate that it is a civilian vessel.