Discovery Gaming Community
the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: the making of "Necrosis Prime" (/showthread.php?tid=8336)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - me_b_kevin - 05-08-2008

holy moley!!!

i've pretty much finished the model....well for the most part anyway. i'll upload pics once i get home tonight. it looks awesome!!

i'm trying to decide what to do with the flat part between the forks in the front. if you look at the front of the ship head on, there is a small flat section there. my first thought was to have a cannon or a vent sticking out.

from the top it should look like a pitch fork...somewhat

and yes, i've scrapped the skull idea

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - me_b_kevin - 05-09-2008

ok, the model is complete (as far as sculpting is concerned).

i REALLY want to show you guys and i had planned on uploading pics last night but i didn't get home until late and went straight to bed.

BUT i can't access photo sites here at work so i can't go to picturetrail to upload and then post img links.

if your like me (impatient) and want to see them, i'll need someone to upload and post some image references in here.....

i'm dying to see what you think

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Stoat - 05-09-2008

Here's the pics..................... *drools*

[Image: new1uj8.th.jpg]
[Image: new2ll8.th.jpg]
[Image: new3ln1.th.jpg]
[Image: new4rl6.th.jpg]
[Image: new5qp5.th.jpg]

Gets my vote..............

well, any comments?

i'm thinking i need to add some viewing ports or windows, especially on the bridge. i don't want to add too many however, the ship is supposed to be heavily armored and armor wouldn't have windows in it.

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Jinx - 05-09-2008

very good model. - the sideview is more interesting than the top view ( but thats just subjective ) - its nice that its more a "bar" from above and hasn t got wings or so. - makes it very spaceship like.

i think it needs more details, like antennae, windos ( but more slits that are carved into the hull than windows that are attached to the hull outside )

nothing to add. - don t add too much, it might destroy the good feeling about it - just a bit here and there. but its allready pretty much perfect the way it is. - mind it does not look like a battleship, - from the look ( without skin ) it looks more like a destroyer - or a small cruiser.

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - ScornStar - 05-09-2008

Criuser. Maybe a battle criuser. Awesome though. and why not the same graphic skull found on pirate base door entrances?

like i said originally, it's basically an Phantom upgraded Outcast Destroyer. with the addition of the highly advanced Phantom technology, this ship would make for a formidible battlecruiser.

what about ship stats?

i'm curious what sort of texture a Phantom ship would have also.

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Cawdor - 05-09-2008

complements on the side-view. looks really awesome!

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - ian - 05-09-2008

as much as i would dread facing this in combat it really does great and could possibly look like it can win fights on pure fear without the need to shoot haha

great work!

the making of "Necrosis Prime" - Linkus - 05-09-2008

Love it but could do with a little bit more detail, as Jinx said.
Do think that Jinx' model for your ship is far scarier though >.<