Discovery Gaming Community
Outcasts and nomguns - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Outcasts and nomguns (/showthread.php?tid=85497)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Outcasts and nomguns - Mímir - 08-15-2012

' Wrote:This. The Outcasts would not kill nomads to use weapons made from there corpes.
Wilde are supposed to be controlled by Nomads. Sort of half human, and half nomad, so it works for them.

Sorry but that is not a very coherent explanation - as you probably know, the Outcasts are also under Nomad control to some extent (both directly and through Cardamine), but I'm out of this topic - it's one of those sensitive things that cannot be voiced without people going all on the offensive for some reason.

Outcasts and nomguns - HuggieSunrise - 08-17-2012

' Wrote:Impossible to implement. The technerf is set by player ID, not by faction tag. Either ALL outcasts get access or NONE.
That or the 101st needs a playerfaction ID.

Also, the Sabre received an adjustment to it's maneuverability, which was a bit on the excessive side in 4.85. I don't think there'd be any balance concerns on combining nomad weapons on a Sabre.

Houses have the benefit of having alot of id's associated with them and in order to fill those special intelligence id's that make sense to have, the use of the hybrid weaponry fits.

aeternius is right.. the outcasts need a naval ID

thing is the 101st have a particular subset.. I haven't seen them leave the omicrons or taus in quite awhile havent seen them pirate as outcasts do.. so it really would take effort to employ and format this id to be different enough to warrant it. impossible? no but it would be handy when the random outcast lol acts like a twerp and needs blasting by the CARDI COPS.

Outcasts and nomguns - Paranoia - 08-17-2012

In my opinion Nom-guns must be allow only for Nomads. If you think that they are awesome, you should learn RP Nomad and be a Nomad.

Outcasts and nomguns - SeaFalcon - 08-17-2012

' Wrote:Right behind the RP of BIS/LSF etc one for the said guns. Btw Krakens are better anyway.:lol:

it's for RP only :rolleyes:

Outcasts and nomguns - AeternusDoleo - 08-17-2012

' Wrote:Houses have the benefit of having alot of id's associated with them and in order to fill those special intelligence id's that make sense to have, the use of the hybrid weaponry fits.

aeternius is right.. the outcasts need a naval ID

thing is the 101st have a particular subset.. I haven't seen them leave the omicrons or taus in quite awhile havent seen them pirate as outcasts do.. so it really would take effort to employ and format this id to be different enough to warrant it. impossible? no but it would be handy when the random outcast lol acts like a twerp and needs blasting by the CARDI COPS.
You're twisting my words. The Outcasts do not need another "naval" ID. If a subset of the Outcasts (who do not lead the NPC faction) decide they need to have roleplay that deviates from the main Outcast branch, they can request a player ID for that. If the general Outcast roleplay is friendly enough to warrant the lootable nomad tech granted to the Outcasts, then indies should not be excluded from that.

Personally I'm very much against giving stuff to one group of players who play in faction A, but deny the same to another group. If you want in-roleplay restrictions for that, fine, RP it out, but do not look to the admins or devs to make such a reality. We did away with the player-faction control over tech to avoid this kind of "they get it and they don't".

[Edit]Also, as far as I'm aware, the lootable nomad guns are already hybrid weapons, designed for use on non-organic craft. The Nommies provide the Wilde with those, I wager they'd provide other human allies as well. Question is wether Outcasts are close enough an ally to warrant it.

Outcasts and nomguns - HuggieSunrise - 08-22-2012

' Wrote:You're twisting my words. The Outcasts do not need another "naval" ID. If a subset of the Outcasts (who do not lead the NPC faction) decide they need to have roleplay that deviates from the main Outcast branch, they can request a player ID for that. If the general Outcast roleplay is friendly enough to warrant the lootable nomad tech granted to the Outcasts, then indies should not be excluded from that.

Personally I'm very much against giving stuff to one group of players who play in faction A, but deny the same to another group. If you want in-roleplay restrictions for that, fine, RP it out, but do not look to the admins or devs to make such a reality. We did away with the player-faction control over tech to avoid this kind of "they get it and they don't".

[Edit]Also, as far as I'm aware, the lootable nomad guns are already hybrid weapons, designed for use on non-organic craft. The Nommies provide the Wilde with those, I wager they'd provide other human allies as well. Question is wether Outcasts are close enough an ally to warrant it.

I apologize Aet didnt meant to misunderstand you. but i did.

I see the use of nomad hybrid guns as a vary conservative subject however this isn't denying one group.. the 101st is... and always has been a distinctly different group inside the outcasts. Then again having reviewed their stats (the guns).. well things have definitely changed.

Ill make the appropriate requests when I can. your right.

Weve been doing our best to set up the rp so this particular item can be available to the oc's in light of the aggression of the Order towards Malta In rp.

Outcasts and nomguns - Coin - 08-22-2012

While the outcasts' love for all things squishy is no secret, nom'swouldnt allow theoutcasts to have nomad guns:

when i go hunting with my dog, i don't let him use the shotgun.

o/c shouldnt attack noms to get the guns, and the noms wouldnt hand over the guns, no matter how cute and imploringly puppy-like their eyes go when they ask:

(just imagine that cat from shrek here)

Outcasts and nomguns - HuggieSunrise - 08-23-2012

hybrid blaster
hybrid Cannon

These are loot, and can be looted as they always have, opening them for use in light of changes of rp I think fits. It will also polarize outcasts in thier alliance with the SKH.

Well see if the techchart is updated to reflect that as ive already submitted for the changes.

There are the biological non guns that only wilde and nomads can use. they are much more potent and remain exclusive use for those factions.

Outcasts and nomguns - Prysin - 08-23-2012

' Wrote:The Nommies provide the Wilde with those, I wager they'd provide other human allies as well. Question is wether Outcasts are close enough an ally to warrant it.

Well, the nomnoms refer to Outcasts as "Orange Children" and hasnt shown any aggression towards them (iRP) for the past 4 years... i say that prooves they atleast have some sort of relationship going.

Now with the "Emissary" RP that Jameson developed back in the day, one can assume that the current standing between nomads and Outcasts is that of a friendly one.

Regarding restriction of nomguns; Compare Outcasts with BHG Core and BHG from the good old 4.85.
Core could mount Nom lazors, BHG could not, back then the factions pretty much did the same thing, only recently has the two REALLY shown a difference.
Yes i can see the uncertainty that is developing here, nomguns are powerful, however these aint true nomguns, their only replicas, and they do not possess the same stats. Their slower, and they are easier to shoot off, as they have a real turret model, and not a 1x1transparent pixel like the REAL nomguns has.

Outcasts and nomguns - pitockm - 08-23-2012

well...Outcast + nomad guns.....= Nomad.

there wont be any outcast to go around liberty....and it wil bring Q_Q ..Alot!

ok this faction got this and we dont...so we ask for it..or we leave or...or...or..