Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - Muleo - 05-20-2008

Voted no.

Why?

IMO the rules here are too restrictive as it is, and from my experience, when Xoria gets slightly peeved by something, he ceases to reason. He doesn't try to look at it from everyones POV, and sticks to the rules as if it were the old testament. Just looking at cold hard facts rather than properly looking at the situation at hand..

We need some new testament attitude and review of the rules to help Disco become even better than it is now. but other than that, he's shown dedication and knowledge, but my aforementioned impressions of him make me say no.

Asno.

Xoria for server administrator - Drifter84 - 05-20-2008

If he's cool with it , then ''Wagons ho !'' , voted yes .

One comment though : people keep mentioning that he is tough with the rules . With the large , free spirited , unruly crowd that we are on Discovery , that is no bad thing , sometimes you have to be tough to be kind .

Xoria for server administrator - Stoat - 05-20-2008

Almost unreservedly, a "Yes" from me. He's up to the job, and has a good head on his shoulders. A slight reservation for me is that I feel he's losing a bit of his ability to see things from all perspectives. As long as he works to regain his former open-mindedness he'll do a grand job.

Xoria for server administrator - kindred - 05-20-2008

I voted no as well. I've had no interaction with Xoria personaly, but from what I have observed ruling with a iron first and the sightly condescending personality is not something i like in a admin.

Xoria for server administrator - beander2 - 05-20-2008

I voted "yes." Xoria has the commitment and certainly the intelligence to administer over the server, and his knowledge of Disco and quality of experience on the server are formidable.

That said, I do very much share the concerns mentioned by those voting "no." I think he has demonstrated some considerable - and often unwarranted - condescension at points, some rather uncharitable speech, when in a setting like this, charity is paramount. I also am concerned, based on certain threads, that he might add to what is already an overly cynical admin team [whose (over)work I nonetheless very much appreciate].

However, these arguably constitute the exceptions for Xoria, not the rule, and I believe he is quite capable of rising above them and demonstrating considerable wisdom. I hope he can help the admin team become a little more open in attitude to the rest of us, and I think he is very much a model for good RP development.

Xoria for server administrator - kingvaillant - 05-20-2008

Yes, He will do a nice job:), Already fully responsible as a moderator in the forums, He's up for the job.

VOTE FOR XORIA!

Xoria for server administrator - Xing - 05-20-2008

voted yes. We need more administrator and Xoria seems fit for me as satisfactory to do this from observing him on the forum.

Xoria for server administrator - SimonBlack - 05-20-2008

Yes, need admins. Half of them seem dead. No one is answering faction proposals.

Xoria for server administrator - wrathkin - 05-20-2008

Voted no. No personal interactions, but my intial gut feeling was no, for the same reasons as the previous naysayers. After digging through posting history, I have not changed my mind.

Xoria for server administrator - Laowai - 05-20-2008

I voted yes - because i believe he has shown himself up to the task. However, i do share some of the concerns of Jinx.

That being said, i think we probably need more than one new Admin, the current ones are doing a fantastic job, but we all know they are snowed under.