Discovery Gaming Community
Rules need change. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Rules need change. (/showthread.php?tid=93519)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Rules need change. - BloodTree - 02-04-2013

It`s first game where are rules like this.
When you choose ID it`s your RP you act like you are part of house and it`s more then enough of RP.
When you make discussion with pirate it`s not anymore RP it`s sick.
I like RP but when it`s become sick i am wary sad.
The point of 4h rule is if you see him again you can shoot him but only in another system. you give him chance to leave and it`s more then enough.

And no one answered on my question:
To who belong Magellan system is it IMG or Rogue or Liberty or someone ells or no one? Why players doing RP made up new stuff witch don`t make any sense?

RE: Rules need change. - ProwlerPC - 02-04-2013

You don't, in your RP before PvP requirement, need to actually declare you are attacking the person. Talk about the organisms on Kurile acting like benign chatty researcher and suddenly open up a can of pewpew on your audience out of the blue (or whatever fits your chars role). Just RP some before PvP.

RE: Rules need change. - Lonely Werewolf - 02-04-2013

As I've said before to many players, the rules are there for a very good reason. If you don't like them, there's a high chance that you don't understand them. As demonstrated below, your having trouble understanding this RP aspect.

(02-04-2013, 03:47 AM)BloodTree Wrote: To who belong Magellan system is it IMG or Rogue or Liberty or someone ells or no one? Why players doing RP made up new stuff witch don`t make any sense?

It's been explained several times and is actually quite simple. In the sever rules there is a list of what systems constitute each house, thats in regarding to other server rules and officially whats house space. For example defining ZOI and where factions can be etc.

About who "owns" Magellan. No-one does. But factions inRP can claim it. IMG have a base there and will naturally think that the space around their base is theirs. Liberty Government maintains some sort of ownership of the place as does Bretonia as it borders their territory and has their lanes and gates etc. Pirates like rogues and hackers will stake a claim to their truf. But this is all inRP.

Think of it this way. The Mafia or criminal gangs will claim to own parts of the city. Do they actually officially own it? No. But they do claim it, and if you don't abide by their "law" you'll get punished. Comprende?

RE: Rules need change. - OrionPew - 02-07-2013

It seems there's a bit of the claim aspect your not quite getting. lonely werewolf explained it well enough. Additionally, since this IS an RP server, there's more to everything other then whats written on paper. Since this is RP, things can be complicated.

Going on werewolfs explanation, its like me visiting London. I've never been there and have no idea what its like. I'm walking down the road, and some guy comes out of nowhere saying its his turf around that place and I "owe" him money. Well of course its the UK, and the city is London, and the government has the authority, but that guy claims that particular sidewalk is his turf, and since he has a gun, I'm obliged to say ok and give him my cash (hypothetically). Do you understand now?

RPing your attack before you do it doesn't have to be "hey im shooting you now". For example- I'd be getting pirated, after some words exchanged and I think his price was too much for some particular reason I can just be like "Well guy, I'm not paying your toll!" and start shooting him while I try to either run or kill him. I've done that, and never got sanctioned for it, so as far as I'm aware, you can do that. This is of course only a very basic wording of the occurrences its bases off, but it conveys the general idea. Also, its not always in your best interested to fight back. A dude pirated me the other day and asked 50K for a broken tail light. I stayed in RP form while sending him 100K (because u can't send below that much) and we parted ways. simple enough. Sooner or later, i think your going to bite off more than you can chew, especially if u run into my Storta class cruiser or a guy sporting codes and snacs. Some of those guys are REALLY good with snacs.

RE: Rules need change. - ryoken - 02-07-2013

BloodTree

Yup right whatever.
We got these rules for a reason. They work. It is not a PvP server, it is RP. Play a little before trying to change what works, or just leave.

RE: Rules need change. - Sanguines - 02-09-2013

(02-04-2013, 03:47 AM)BloodTree Wrote: It`s first game where are rules like this.
When you choose ID it`s your RP you act like you are part of house and it`s more then enough of RP.
The point of 4h rule is if you see him again you can shoot him but only in another system. you give him chance to leave and it`s more then enough.

To who belong Magellan system is it IMG or Rogue or Liberty or someone ells or no one? Why players doing RP made up new stuff witch don`t make any sense?

World Of Warcraft anyone? There you can grind, do profession, with your so called roleplay elements such as levelling, doing quests and such.

Or just go play Eve online, sicne you only like MMO RPG, rather then MMO RP.

This is not an "RPG". Its Roleplay.

RE: Rules need change. - BloodTree - 02-11-2013

(02-07-2013, 12:06 PM)ryoken Wrote: BloodTree

Yup right whatever.
We got these rules for a reason. They work. It is not a PvP server, it is RP. Play a little before trying to change what works, or just leave.

On what fact you can tell how long I play this game on this server?
Not each player register on forum.

I hate when people pulled out facts from air!

RE: Rules need change. - Hauruck - 02-11-2013

Are you D.I. with a fake accent?

(02-09-2013, 04:33 PM)Sanguines Wrote:
(02-04-2013, 03:47 AM)BloodTree Wrote: It`s first game where are rules like this.

World Of Warcraft anyone? There you can grind, do profession, with your so called roleplay elements such as levelling, doing quests and such.

Or just go play Eve online, sicne you only like MMO RPG, rather then MMO RP.

This is not an "RPG". Its Roleplay.

I am sorry but It don`t make any sense to me.

(02-11-2013, 02:02 PM)Hauruck Wrote: Are you D.I. with a fake accent?

No it`s real and i don`t have any ells on forum.

Just in past i had no reason to register on forum.

I did it not long ago as you can see and reason Is to find out what i don`t understand.

For info about my RP most of the time I do RP and talk with other like i am on of that who pretend doing RP stuff.

One think what i did not expect that that players are angry one me because i ask questions.
In life and games are lot`s of stuff what don`t make any sense that why we ask questions.

Maybe I ask questions In not understandable form.

If someone can judge for it he is only uneducated.